M-Solo forum integrated marketplace (eBay alternative) - voice your support

surewhynot

Technically not a sale thread but wanted everyone to be informed that I brought this up to davidt in the lesser viewed 'Suggestions' forum. With eBay final value fees approaching 10% at the least, I asked about integrating auction house functionality into the vBulletin system used by this site; it would save a lot of us collectors a lot of money in the long run IMO. The current prospect mentioned in the thread doesn't appear to utilize auction-style listings, but at least has OBO-style options. Please voice your support in the thread if you agree. Suggestions regarding other third-party modules welcome!

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133046-vBulletin-auction-integration-for-Marketplace?p=1986880605&posted=1#post1986880605

Technically not a sale thread but wanted everyone to be informed that I brought this up to davidt in the lesser viewed 'Suggestions' forum. With eBay final value fees approaching 10% at the least, I asked about integrating auction house functionality into the vBulletin system used by this site; it would save a lot of us collectors a lot of money in the long run IMO. The current prospect mentioned in the thread doesn't appear to utilize auction-style listings, but at least has OBO-style options. Please voice your support in the thread if you agree. Suggestions regarding other third-party modules welcome!

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133046-vBulletin-auction-integration-for-Marketplace?p=1986880605&posted=1#post1986880605

I applaud the idea but in reality I think that a posting of item/s for sale in the marketplace forum is all you need really, trying to set up some sort of auction or fixed price platform would be a lot of work for little gain.There is only a limited market anyway, I reckon for the top end Smiths stuff there are no more than 30 regular visitors to this site with serious interest in buying.These are the items that sellers like to avoid ebay with as the fees begin to bite hard but for the more common items ebay and discogs are going to be hard to beat.Another idea perhaps would be a Facebook Smiths/Moz selling page.I wont pretend to know the first thing about Facebook as I don't use it but if there was such a thing I would, maybe there already is....... anyone???

Back
Top Bottom