Make Morrissey-Solo great again

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

@davidt has failed this site, he has failed his staff, he has failed the members and most importantly he has failed Morrissey.

What this site needs is someone to grab it by its bootstraps and lift it up out of the muck and mire it has been stagnating in for the last decade. What this site needs is someone who operates under the realization that it is 2020 and things that were acceptable in the Wild West of 2009 are not acceptable now. What this site needs is a leader who will take the measures necessary to repair the broken relationship between this site and Morrissey and help to restore him to greatness

What this site needs is me.
Hi, I’m Vivian Haight and I am running for site Administrator.

#voteVIVA #its2020guys

nawe and nawe

Yah and yah.

It's a big YAH from me.

#MMSGA

Viva, I am genuinely interested in what you mean by this.

Genuinely, not meaning to argue ...

Are you saying by any chance that 2009 was a less politically correct culture than we have now - and implicitly that you approve the course of the last 11 years in that respect?

Or anything remotely like that?

(If you were, it would honestly scare me. But again I don't mean to argue. I'm just really interested to know what you mean. )

Also, I certainly see what you mean by "muck and mire" and honour you wanting to "repair" things . . .

Last edited:
Viva, I am genuinely interested in what you mean by this.

Genuinely, not meaning to argue ...

Are you saying by any chance that 2009 was a less politically correct culture than we have now - and implicitly that you approve the course of the last 11 years in that respect?

Or anything remotely like that?

(If you were, it would honestly scare me. But again I don't mean to argue. I'm just really interested to know what you mean. )

Also, I certainly see what you mean by "muck and mire" and honour you wanting to "repair" things . . .

Hi there. I’ll try to be a bit clearer.

What I mean is there are a lot of things that have been going on on this site for many years that honestly needs to change. I’m not saying any of it was ok in 2009 but it was more tolerated. I do realize that I was for a very long time part of the problem but I’ve come to realize there should be a line that isn’t crossed when it comes to other members of the board. There have been countless racist, antisemitic, homophobic, transphobic, or generally bigoted posts here. While those are bad enough on their own and should be dealt with, the issue I specifically have is when they are used to attack and harass members of this site.

The fact that David can’t seem to fathom why a transwoman would feel harassed by one person repeatedly going out of their way to misgender them just shows how out of touch he is. The fact that David decides to give me a warning for harassment because I’ve @‘ed someone multiple times but doesn’t give someone harassing me a warning and instead gives me a warning for report system abuse for reporting their harassing posts shows he has zero business being the sole judge of rule enforcement on this site.

Thank you! Most helpful. I hear you about concerns for harassing and attacking. And may say a bit more when I'm less tired and have digested it better . . .

did you mange somehow to change your dna/chromosomes? No? then im sorry but while you may "present" as a female, you are male and i'll refer to you as a he if i bloody well feel like it. end of. i dont HAVE to share your belief that growing your hair and putting on make-up makes you a female. at the end of the day that is what you are asking. you are asking me to deny science and reality as i know it and to buy into your fantasy surface-deep ersatz inferior verison of reality which, frankly, you have no business asking of anyone, although perhaps if i liked you more i would, but sadly i dont, so i wont. after all, there's nothing in it for me, is there?

Last edited:
@davidt has failed this site, he has failed his staff, he has failed the members and most importantly he has failed Morrissey.

What this site needs is someone to grab it by its bootstraps and lift it up out of the muck and mire it has been stagnating in for the last decade. What this site needs is someone who operates under the realization that it is 2020 and things that were acceptable in the Wild West of 2009 are not acceptable now. What this site needs is a leader who will take the measures necessary to repair the broken relationship between this site and Morrissey and help to restore him to greatness

What this site needs is me.
Hi, I’m Vivian Haight and I am running for site Administrator.

#voteVIVA #its2020guys

Your problem seems to be transphobia... I'm not transphobic. I don't really get the Morrissey enthusiasts who are transphobic, it would be like loving Bob Marley and the KKK, but people are stupid. Anyway, some random thoughts:

1) I have been stalked here, I even decided to leave for several months because it was absurd (a weird man with too much time was replying at least twice to each one of y posts and talking about "who has the bigger penis"... I don't really mind that kind of idiocy, but when it happens to each post, it gets impossible to use the site... at some given point, it was a web about penises for me!). Anyway, Famous When Dead promised to take care of the situation and he did it, perfectly.

2) You are upset because of transphobia, which is understandable (I don't think transphobia is acceptable)... but you have been very often a huge enthusiast of posting racist posts. In the long run, as the old song says: barbarism begins at home.

3) The forum is meant to be about Morrissey... as far as I remember, you don't even like Morrissey. You even managed to get banned from attending to his concerts (which, I assume, takes a huge effort).

4) You warned me because I did something terrible: posting a picture of me... the consequences of such thing have been... nothing (which is not quite surprising).

5) My girlfriend says that we should eat more rice... So maybe we should.

6) When you offer respect, in most cases you get respect in return (except when it comes to lunatics)... when you offer disrespect, in most cases respect is not the feedback you'll get (there are some exceptions, like Trump, who is still respected by some people, even if he has no respect for anyone).

7) I don't really have much more to say, but I thought that six was an unlucky number.

Your problem seems to be transphobia... I'm not transphobic. I don't really get the Morrissey enthusiasts who are transphobic, it would be like loving Bob Marley and the KKK, but people are stupid. Anyway, some random thoughts:

I pointed this out already multiple times.

1) I have been stalked here, I even decided to leave for several months because it was absurd (a weird man with too much time was replying at least twice to each one of y posts and talking about "who has the bigger penis"... I don't really mind that kind of idiocy, but when it happens to each post, it gets impossible to use the site... at some given point, it was a web about penises for me!). Anyway, Famous When Dead promised to take care of the situation and he did it, perfectly.

Amazing how he’ll help you but do nothing but tell me to take it up with David. It’s almost like if this was happening to any other member something would have been done by now. Hmm. Guess some people don’t actually care about the issues they pretend to on a public forum.

2) You are upset because of transphobia, which is understandable (I don't think transphobia is acceptable)... but you have been very often a huge enthusiast of posting racist posts. In the long run, as the old song says: barbarism begins at home.

I already stated that was wrong. My point with all of this which I clearly stated, and is something I’ve not done, is using any of these things to harass a member of this forum. What is the point of the TOS if it is selectively enforced by staff based on their feelings of the person violating it?

3) The forum is meant to be about Morrissey... as far as I remember, you don't even like Morrissey. You even managed to get banned from attending to his concerts (which, I assume, takes a huge effort).

I love Morrissey. Wtf are you talking about? Yeah, the owner of this site is banned too. Do you have a point?

4) You warned me because I did something terrible: posting a picture of me... the consequences of such thing have been... nothing (which is not quite surprising).

Ok. It was stupid and some freak out there has saved every picture you’ve ever posted. If that doesn’t bother you then good for you.

5) My girlfriend says that we should eat more rice... So maybe we should.

maybe.

6) When you offer respect, in most cases you get respect in return (except when it comes to lunatics)... when you offer disrespect, in most cases respect is not the feedback you'll get (there are some exceptions, like Trump, who is still respected by some people, even if he has no respect for anyone).

I don’t care about having anyone’s respect on this site. It isn’t important to me. This is about rule enforcement and running a site that doesn’t endorse bigoted harassment.

7) I don't really have much more to say, but I thought that six was an unlucky number.

You could have stopped at 2 because you ran out of a point around that time.

referring to you as a he is not harassment. it's like if i started wearing a (fake, chintsy, dollar store) crown and told you from now on to call me "queen rifke". you choosing to not call me queen rifke would not constitute harassment. it's exactly the same thing.

i mean, you can say you're a female all you want. that's fine. i wont stand in your way. i wont tell you you cant do that or call you a freak or anything like that. but dont you dare force me to subscribe to your views. it's not even about you having views. it's about you wanting other people to validate or normalize your new identity. it's a roundabout way of wanting to be told it's alright. if we can all mentally join together in this pantomime of yours, than perhaps you will succeed at overwriting nature. f*** that. it's not my job to coddle you. it's not my job to skew reality as i know it to make you feel alright about yourself. do what you want, but dont tell me what to believe or think. that's harassment.

Last edited:
is this woman harassing all transwomen? no, she's only expressing her opinion. you would only deem it harassment if you were to deny that she has a right to her opinion.

also she is a prime example of what i mean about british women aging well. she's radiant!

the whole trans thing is demanding something of other people that isnt just uh..."accept me". it's making demands that go beyond "accept me", it's "i demand that you see me the way i see myself"

BINGO! that's the issue i have here. i have no issue with trans people who just want to live their lives. but dont you dare tell me how i have to see you.

in the society in which i live there is a two-way street: the way i feel about myself, and the way society views me. and, unfortunately, no matter how i feel about myself, i cant enforce a society to indulge in my delusion.

i should say that i do have a soft spot for trans women like india willoughby though and i have no problem whatsoever with however she chooses to express herself nor do i have a problem with referring to her as a she. i only have a problem with the idea that i have to, and that not to do so is somehow harassment.

Back
Top Bottom