"Mexican Morrissey" Jose Maldonado on Latino culture's love affair with The Smiths - NME

thanks for that. ive always kinda wonder how the latino fans all aboard and why. id read that it was a thing but never knew the cause

Nice article. I have a hard time watching tribute bands in general (irrational secondhand embarrassment on my part), but I always hear the Hooligans are the best. I'll check them out the next time they're in NYC.

Jose Maldonado is kinda bland, id wish he'd spice things up, get more controversial. oh yeah and he should just say it!!!! that if it weren't for him and his self promoting ways there would be no L.A. Mexican Morrison fans. for it was him... Him that is responsible for starting this.. THis This fan base! anyone else notice that Jose and Jesus Tobias look the same Hahaha that is no coincidence. just ask the fruit vendors.

really thou Jose if you are reading this start wearing the boxing injuries make-up and nipple band-aids.

Jose Maldonado is kinda bland, id wish he'd spice things up, get more controversial. oh yeah and he should just say it!!!! that if it weren't for him and his self promoting ways there would be no L.A. Mexican Morrison fans. for it was him... Him that is responsible for starting this.. THis This fan base! anyone else notice that Jose and Jesus Tobias look the same Hahaha that is no coincidence. just ask the fruit vendors.

really thou Jose if you are reading this start wearing the boxing injuries make-up and nipple band-aids.

I didn't know Jim Morrison had such a large Mexican fan base.

Nice article. I have a hard time watching tribute bands in general (irrational secondhand embarrassment on my part), but I always hear the Hooligans are the best. I'll check them out the next time they're in NYC.

I kinda feel the same way about tribute acts. There’s one for Black Sabbath called Sabbra Caddabra that’s pretty good, supposedly. I’d see the Hooligans if the opportunity presented itself, though!

Sabbra Caddabra literally lives 10 minutes from us..

Girls Girls Girls kind of rock..my band used to practice in the same building as them and they would dress that way at 2 in the afternoon :lbf:

I kinda feel the same way about tribute acts. There’s one for Black Sabbath called Sabbra Caddabra that’s pretty good, supposedly. I’d see the Hooligans if the opportunity presented itself, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I read about Moz's latino fanbase it always sounds as if there are thousands of fans out there with Morrissey shrines in their living rooms and tats on their arms etc.
Is this an accurate picture or is it in reality just a small group which has been blown out of proportion?

The Doors are huge in Mexico, especially in Tijuana. Don't ask me why. You always hear Doors music blasting from some bar or someone's car.

Morrissey is big with Mexicans only in L.A. I don't see him that big in the country of Mexico. I think the Mexicans in LA like that 50's style rockabilly dress, that's why they like him. The dumbest thing is going to a concert in L.A. and having all the Mexicans give all the white people dirty looks like "what are you doing here" Well, Morrissey is one of the whitest people in the world. It's ridiculous.

The Doors are huge in Mexico, especially in Tijuana. Don't ask me why. You always hear Doors music blasting from some bar or someone's car.

Morrissey is big with Mexicans only in L.A. I don't see him that big in the country of Mexico. I think the Mexicans in LA like that 50's style rockabilly dress, that's why they like him. The dumbest thing is going to a concert in L.A. and having all the Mexicans give all the white people dirty looks like "what are you doing here" Well, Morrissey is one of the whitest people in the world. It's ridiculous.

The Mexican audience are pretty lame - not to clever.
Morrissey has ways liked to be associated with gangs so it's a wet dream for him. Morrissey thinking hes a hard man is a joke - Latinos falling for it is worse.

Tribute bands at shit. Morrissey fans will watch/liston to anything Morrisey - Kristeen young and Gene are proof of that, tis sad

One place they don't seem to be -out buying the new disk

Last edited:
Sabbra Caddabra literally lives 10 minutes from us..

Girls Girls Girls kind of rock..my band used to practice in the same building as them and they would dress that way at 2 in the afternoon :lbf:

Am I allowed to ask what band you were in?

Last edited by a moderator:
In his documentary Morrissey said he liked Mexicans because they have nice skin, hair and teeth and it's a nice combo. I think that is proof of asperger's.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom