Mike Joyce - Morrissey was right (NME.com)

I would love to see Morrissey's reaction to this!

On a similar note, this from Mike's Twitter on 16th July:

mikejoycedrums: Watched "A Taste of Honey" last night...Like reading a Smith's lyric sheet, lovely.

I have no problem against Joyce.

And Rafa, the same can be said about Johnny (don't tell me MM, Electronic and Cribs are any good, either)

This is just Joyce thinking he can seize an opportunity to get back into Morrissey's good graces. I have no strong feelings for or against Joyce, but this is so see-through it's silly. He is smart enough to see that Morrissey's gotten himself in some of the hottest water of his career, that there is a civil war among the fans, and that the new songs have not gotten the greatest reception. He figures that by publicly supporting Morrissey's statements, he can save some face and maybe get back into Morrissey's favor...as Morrissey has a history of being nice to people who are nice to him...recanting the Elton John statement, looking the other way about Gaga's meat dress...just a few examples.

I think it is delusional on Joyce's part, though. No point.

Then again...stranger things have happened.

He was probably just a bit pissed up and having a rant on twitter.. Bit of drunken attention seeking, it's worked.

I am going to speculate and say that it is not Joyce or Rourke that are holding up a Smiths reunion gig.

Back
Top Bottom