Morrissey answers more fan questions...

> ...zooming in from Julia's site.

> Sk./Peter
What's Morrissey talking about, nobody eats food from the school cafeteria.
The health standards were created decades before Bush was in office and the individual States and counties monitor the food handling standards, not George Bush.
Federal and State law is a food preparer has to wash their hands after going to the bathroom before handling food. That is to prevent E Coli or number of other foodborne diseases. If someone doesn't wash their hands after going to the bathroom and someone gets sick whether it's meat or green onions from Chilli's how is that George Bush's fault?

I wonder which station Morrissey watches to view those commercials?

I've lived in the USA all my life and have never seen, as far as I can recall, a Yum-Yum advert or one for "ground beef". I've seen them for the beef industry and for the assorted "hamburger" shacks, but not a ground beef commercial itself.

When Morrissey gets political, I think he sometimes speaks out his arse.

I wonder which station Morrissey watches to view those commercials?

I've lived in the USA all my life and have never seen, as far as I can recall, a Yum-Yum advert or one for "ground beef". I've seen them for the beef industry and for the assorted "hamburger" shacks, but not a ground beef commercial itself.

When Morrissey gets political, I think he sometimes speaks out his arse.

Re: I wonder which station Morrissey watches to view those commercials?

Every advert for McDonalds is one for ground beef isn't it? I saw plenty of adverts for them when I was in the US. Are you telling us those Krispy Kreme people never have advertising?

> I've lived in the USA all my life and have never seen, as far as I can
> recall, a Yum-Yum advert or one for "ground beef". I've seen
> them for the beef industry and for the assorted "hamburger"
> shacks, but not a ground beef commercial itself.

> When Morrissey gets political, I think he sometimes speaks out his arse.

At least its a lervly arse to speak out of...

Ignore this post...it appears twice for some unknown reason.

Re: What are "Yum-Yums"?

I too was rather surprised and confused by "Yum-Yums". I think he might mean snack-foods in general and perhaps any and all fast food since most of it is meat-related.

> I've lived in the USA all my life and have never seen, as far as I can
> recall, a Yum-Yum advert or one for "ground beef". I've seen
> them for the beef industry and for the assorted "hamburger"
> shacks, but not a ground beef commercial itself.

> When Morrissey gets political, I think he sometimes speaks out his arse.

Err i think he may have been making up two generic brandfs to prove a point

I was speaking directly to the term "Yum-Yum". I have never seen an advert for them. If "Yum-Yum" is a generic term for doughnuts, then yes I have seen some of those but not to any regularity to be termed "sandblasted," but if "Yum-Yum" is a specific brand, I have never seen one. And I rarely see a Krispy Kreme ad.

Maybe the programmes Morrissey watched were more apt to be the ones those advertisers targeted. Like "Roseanne", for example, which Morrissey had said was one of his most favorite TV programmes. Just like beer commercials are more prevalent during and on sporting event stations and children's toy adverts are more prevalent during and on children's programming stations.

And no, not every advert for McDonald's is one for ground beef. They do sell other items there, and their recent ad campaign is for their "Premium Grilled Chicken" sandwiches which, to the veggie contingent, is the same thing I guess.

But as I said in my original post, I have seen adverts for "hamburger shacks" but not ground beef specifically which Morrissey specifically stated. He did mention Burger King specifically, so since he used the term "ground beef" specifically, I take him at his word that that is what he meant.

I think you are wriggling in order to avoid the point he is making. Which is that American television is saturated with ads for fast food.

Even as someone who watched television infrequently while I was there, I was struck by how many adverts there were for crap fast food.

I am not wriggling; I am sitting quite comfortably on my fast food filled arse.

> Err i think he may have been making up two generic brandfs to prove a
> point

I agree.

Beefburgers are always advertised as 100% pure ground beef, or used to be here anyway.

dial-a-morrisseyism

what i want to know is how can he be a music fan and purport to hate every single band that is currently out there except to play the role of snooty stateman of olden tymes? or worse, behave like your grandpa who sits in the corner and bemoans the day that television started broadcasting in color and started showing married couples sleeping in the same bed? what about Tiger Army who he was spotted backstage with? did he only go back there because they namechecked him?

ahhh!!!!

Re: she hails from the town of Titipu

Nanki-Poo:
Were you not to Ko-Ko plighted,
I would say in tender tone,
"Loved one, let us be united --
Let us be each other's own!"
I would merge all rank and station,
Worldly sneers are naught to us,
And, to mark my admiration,
I would kiss you fondly thus -- (Kissing her)

Yum-Yum:
He would kiss me fondly thus --
Nanki-Poo:
I would kiss you fondly thus --

(Kiss)

Yum-Yum:
But as I'm engaged to Ko-Ko,
To embrace you thus, con fuoco,
Would distinctly be no gioco
And for that I should get toco,

Nanki-Poo and Yum-Yum:
Toco

Nanki-Poo:
So in spite of all temptation,
Such a theme I'll not discuss,
And on no consideration
Will I kiss you fondly thus -- (Kissing her)
Will I kiss you fondly thus.
Let me make it clear to you,
This is what I'll never do,
This, oh, this -- oh, this -- oh, this -- (Kissing her)
This is what I'll never, never do

Yum-Yum:
This, oh, this -- oh, this -- oh, this --
This is what he'll never do!

Nanki-Poo:
This, oh, this -- oh, this -- oh, this --
This is what I'll never do!...

Back
Top Bottom