Morrissey calls to add vegan menus in schools in Chile - various links

45307_45304_IMG_20181212_224235.jpg

The main gist (as per the first link) via translate:

The singer sent a letter to the director of Junaeb.

"Let's face it: meat is a murder to animals, the planet and children, do everyone a favor by offering vegan meals to students."
The message is clear and direct.
Morrissey sent him to the National Director of the National Board of School Aid and Junaeb Scholarships, Jaime Tohá, to ask him to include vegan-cut menus in schools in Chile.

"By serving meals without meat, schools would be teaching children to make smart choices that will prepare them for a life full of good health," argued the British artist in the document, representing PETA Latino and Animal Libre.

Both entities are promoting the initiative "My Vegan Menu" , on the subject of "the increasing adoption of this form of food and the precarious supply that there is for these people , leading to the violation of basic rights and harm, especially in girls and boys and teenagers. "

The idea is that the gastronomic offer is gradually installed in schools, during 2019, and defended that it is a "delicious, healthy and economic" proposal.

Animal Libre will meet again on December 20 with Junaeb, conversations that they said have had positive results, because in October an inclusive menu was added, betting on preparations originating in Haiti, Venezuela and Peru.

Morrissey will be presented on December 14 and 15 in Chile.

All require translation:
http://m.cooperativa.cl/noticias/en...-las-escuelas-de-chile/2018-12-12/104255.html

https://www.cnnchile.com/cultura/mo...-menus-veganos-en-colegios-de-chile_20181212/

https://www.eldinamo.cl/actualidad/...anos-la-carne-es-un-asesinato-a-los-animales/

http://www.viax.cl/noticias/actuali...a-junaeb-exigiendo-menus-veganos-las-escuelas

https://www.concierto.cl/2018/12/morrissey-junaeb-menus-veganos/

The recipient appears to be: Jaime Tohá,
National Director of the National School Aid and Scholarship Board.

Regards,
FWD.

Update: tweet featuring the letter added by @NealCassidy

Last edited by a moderator:
It was in one of his many defences of 'I'm just stating my opinion', 'I never said I was vegan' following his creation of his own shit show. I have no problem with him not being a vegan but if you aren't why tell other people to be? He doesn't have to mention the v word other than being a slave to PETA.

I don’t read he’s telling anyone to be vegan, he is merely asking the school to supply an option
so students can decide for themselves. No one
is being forced to be vegan.

He never said he was never vegan, but regardless of what he is, he cares about animals and is merely asking the school to think about
having a ‘plant based’ and for lack of a better word ‘vegan’ menu so students have a different option.

For these students to be vegan it would take more than just choosing the plant based option while at school.

In Morrissey's own words, 'I never said I was a vegan'.

If you tell people to do something you'd better have the courage in your convictions to at least match what you're preaching lest anyone but your converts thinks you're a bit of an idiot and dismisses everything that you have to say.
Where have you gone, Cheswick? You put false words in Morrissey's mouth to prove your point and make him look bad, then you up and disappear when the real quote is produced. Can you produce a quote with him saying, "I never said I was a vegan"? Or were you referring to Peppermint's quote (which seems more like an issue of labels than anything else)?

Anyway, if you did hear him say "I never said I was vegan", I think he meant, "I never said 'I never said I was vegan'" and I think he's quite right about that.

Um... where do I say he said that? Those are Charlie's words, not mine.

Charlie said....

‘In Morrissey's own words, 'I never said I was a vegan'. ‘

And you said in defense of his comment above that it’s ‘close enough’ to what Morrissey said, and it ‘s not close at all. Charlie was wrong again, and he was putting words in Morrissey’s mouth.

THIS below is what Morrissey said, and it doesn’t imply that he said ‘I was never vegan’ ....

"I don't eat animals, birds or fish. I don't consider myself to be vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous. I'm just me."

Charlie said....

‘In Morrissey's own words, 'I never said I was a vegan'. ‘

And you said in defense of his comment above that it’s ‘close enough’ to what Morrissey said, and it ‘s not close at all. Charlie was wrong again, and he was putting words in Morrissey’s mouth.

THIS below is what Morrissey said, and it doesn’t imply that he said ‘I was never vegan’ ....

"I don't eat animals, birds or fish. I don't consider myself to be vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous. I'm just me."
I know what Morrissey said, since I'm the one who dug out the quote. But if you want to argue semantics, saying 'I never said I was vegan' (as Charlie put it) is different from saying 'I was never vegan' (as you have paraphrased).

It is possible that he was vegan at the time of Larry King in 2015 but is not now. This would explain why his more recent statement - 'I don't consider myself to be vegan' - seems to contradict the comments he made to Larry King. He has backtracked, in other words, which is what Charlie was getting at (as I understood it). But that's not the same thing as saying 'I was never vegan', which are the words you have put into Charlie's mouth. One is emphatically never; the other has a looser meaning.

Last edited:
I know what Morrissey said, since I'm the one who dug out the quote. But if you want to argue semantics, saying 'I never said I was vegan' (as Charlie put it) is different from saying 'I was never vegan' (as you have paraphrased).

It is possible that he was vegan at the time of Larry King in 2015 but is not now. This would explain why his more recent statement - 'I don't consider myself to be vegan' - seems to contradict the comments he made to Larry King. He has backtracked, in other words, which is what Charlie was getting at (as I understood it). But that's not the same thing as saying 'I was never vegan', which are the words you have put into Charlie's mouth.

Well maybe we could also say that Morrissey is no longer vegetarian or a carnivore. o_O

And no, look at Charlie’s post.. it is HE that said ...

‘In Morrissey's own words, 'I never said I was a vegan'. ’

I never put words into Charlie’s mouth.

Come on Pep, you’re slipping.

:cool:

Well maybe we could also say that Morrissey is no longer vegetarian or a carnivore. o_O

And no, look at Charlie’s post.. it is HE that said ...

‘In Morrissey's own words, 'I never said I was a vegan'. ’

I never put words into Charlie’s mouth.

Come on Pep, you’re slipping.

:cool:
You have either misread my post, or just deliberately ignored my point. I said, there is a difference between saying 'I never said I was a vegan' (which I agree Charlie said), and 'I was never vegan' which you said when quoting Charlie. They mean different things. Charlie misquoted Morrissey, but I believed the essence of what he said was correct. That's why I said his comment was 'close enough'.

Charlie misquoted Morrissey, but I believed the essence of what he said was correct. That's why I said his comment was 'close enough'.
This is where I disagree with you. We all know that Morrissey said (or implied, at least) that he was vegan. For Morrissey to then claim that he never said he was vegan would be dishonorable.
That's very different to "I don't consider myself a vegan" because it might mean that he was a vegan in the past but he is no longer. It also could be another "seafood-sealife" kind of distinction that he wants to make.
Chezzer made it seem as if it were a sure thing that he doesn't eat a vegan diet, but it isn't. He's neither properly confirmed nor properly denied. Charlie used that quote to prove that Morrissey wasn't vegan, but the actual quote doesn't prove that.

I agree with Ketamine that if he does eat vegan but he wears peacock feathers, it's not hypocritical for him to tell others to eat vegan. If he were campaigning against leather or the unethical treatment of peacocks, that would be hypocritical.

You have either misread my post, or just deliberately ignored my point. I said, there is a difference between saying 'I never said I was a vegan' (which I agree Charlie said), and 'I was never vegan' which you said when quoting Charlie. They mean different things. Charlie misquoted Morrissey, but I believed the essence of what he said was correct. That's why I said his comment was 'close enough'.

In two different posts of Charlie’s, Charlie says
Morrissey said ...

'I never said I was a vegan'. ‘

and this ....

‘ I never said I was vegan’

And you said it (the second one)was close enough to what Morrissey did say.

Which it is not.

In two different posts of Charlie’s, Charlie says
Morrissey said ...

'I never said I was a vegan'. ‘

and this ....

‘ I never said I was vegan’

And you said it (the second one)was close enough to what Morrissey did say.

Which it is not.
Well, there we differ. 'I never said I was vegan' and 'I don't consider myself to be vegan' seem remarkably similar to me. Both are a form of backpedalling from the previous position where he had declared himself vegan on Larry King. That's my take on it. Other views are of course available and you are entitled to them.

Well, there we differ. 'I never said I was vegan' and 'I don't consider myself to be vegan' seem remarkably similar to me. Both are a form of backpedalling from the previous position where he had declared himself vegan on Larry King. That's my take on it. Other views are of course available and you are entitled to them.

I believe we were discussing the difference between Morrissey’s FULL quote and what Charlie FALSELY claimed he said .....

‘I never said I was a vegan’

and

‘I never said I was vegan’

And what Morrissey actually said...

‘I don't eat animals, birds or fish. I don't consider myself to be vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous. I'm just me."

There is a difference.

And I don’t read or see any backpedaling in the above quote compared to what he said on King.
I do have an opinion on what he means, but I’m
sure we’ll just disagree.

‘Chezzer made it seem as if it were a sure thing that he doesn't eat a vegan diet, but it isn't. He's neither properly confirmed nor properly denied. Charlie used that quote to prove that Morrissey wasn't vegan, but the actual quote doesn't prove that.’

EXACTLY!

:thumb:

This is where I disagree with you. We all know that Morrissey said (or implied, at least) that he was vegan. For Morrissey to then claim that he never said he was vegan would be dishonorable.
That's very different to "I don't consider myself a vegan" because it might mean that he was a vegan in the past but he is no longer. It also could be another "seafood-sealife" kind of distinction that he wants to make.
Chezzer made it seem as if it were a sure thing that he doesn't eat a vegan diet, but it isn't. He's neither properly confirmed nor properly denied. Charlie used that quote to prove that Morrissey wasn't vegan, but the actual quote doesn't prove that.

I agree with Ketamine that if he does eat vegan but he wears peacock feathers, it's not hypocritical for him to tell others to eat vegan. If he were campaigning against leather or the unethical treatment of peacocks, that would be hypocritical.

Yes but that’s not what I was really saying.

So if these vegan menus are given at school and a kid that is eating this vegan food is also wearing leather sneakers, can we then still call the vegan menu and food and his or her diet vegan ?

And if not what would you call it ?

The kid would not be vegan, but the food they're eating would be vegan.

No, wearing leather is not vegan. Veganism is not a diet. It's not about some silly concept of food consumption, it's about the ethical philosophy that it's wrong to murder, rape, and castrate animals for pleasure.

Just wanted to say I agree with your post. Just think you misread my post that you replied to with your above comment.

They need to start servin' Wild T's BBQ Jackfruit sandwiches to these kids.
Ya gotta serve something delicious to these kids so they know the difference.
Once they get a hold off the BBQ Jackfruit, they won't want to eat that murder no more.

Yeah, I didn't dig out the exact quote so that allows wriggle room, to dig out the exact quote I'd have to watch through those God awful speeches again and to be honest they were bad enough the first time. To sum up, he either said what I said or he said some other words which amounted to the same. He didn't say he never was a vegan, more that he never said he was a vegan. Anyone with a stronger stomach than me is free to re-watch and find the exact words that he said.

Mind you, in true Morrissey style, whatever words he said I'm sure he would later deny saying them so it's all a moot point really.

Yeah, I didn't dig out the exact quote so that allows wriggle room, to dig out the exact quote I'd have to watch through those God awful speeches again and to be honest they were bad enough the first time. To sum up, he either said what I said or he said some other words which amounted to the same. He didn't say he never was a vegan, more that he never said he was a vegan. Anyone with a stronger stomach than me is free to re-watch and find the exact words that he said.

Mind you, in true Morrissey style, whatever words he said I'm sure he would later deny saying them so it's all a moot point really.

"WRIGGLE ROOM"???

:turban:

People who visit the site of an artist that they can not stand.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom