Morrissey fans amazed by his 'youthful' new look - with some speculating that he might have had work

Morrissey fans amazed by his 'youthful' new look - with some speculating that he might have had work done - Manchester Evening News
By: Katie Fitzpatrick

Excerpt:
"Fans took to social media after BBC Radio 6 Music tweeted the picture asking for their thoughts on the new track.

Some speculated that the 58-year-old singer-songwriter is looking so good he might have had some work done and others said they didn’t even recognise him at first.

One fan commented on Facebook: “Looking pretty taught of skin there Mozzer...very L.A.”

Another asked: “Did the BBC airbrush warmth onto the face of Morrissey? It’s making me uncomfortable.”"

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
don't see the problem in this,if your putting a photo out there why not at last make it the best you can,think it would be photoshopped rather than surgery.
I'm a big fan of south Korean cinema and all these young male actors all go under the knife,they are all good looking but they all think its the thing to do.

If that is his new face, I'm saddened. We all get our turn with time and gravity, and fighting against it only serves to make us look foolish at best, desperate at worst. Plastic surgery destroys the character that time colors us with. I'm hoping someone just got a little too wacky with the photoshop.

If that is his new face, I'm saddened. We all get our turn with time and gravity, and fighting against it only serves to make us look foolish at best, desperate at worst. Plastic surgery destroys the character that time colors us with. I'm hoping someone just got a little too wacky with the photoshop.

It's not his new face. It's too heavily photoshopped. Sam admitted it on his facebook. He looked normal in Rome ...

It's not his new face. It's too heavily photoshopped. Sam admitted it on his facebook. He looked normal in Rome ...

Thank gawd. I was just picturing seeing him on Jools Holland and wanting to cry upon seeing his freaky rubber visage.

That is a relief to hear! His natural look is so gorgeously handsome! While waiting in line at shows I always hear people remarking about how great he looks (and sounds). Personally, I am jealous of his beautiful neck.

So what if he did have work done? Why is it that people always shit their pants whenever it is "revealed" that a celebrity has had plastic surgery? Why is that so abhorrently wrong? We all choose what to do with our bodies (thank f***) and plastic surgery doesn't concern anyone but he or she who choose to have it.

So what if he did have work done? Why is it that people always shit their pants whenever it is "revealed" that a celebrity has had plastic surgery? Why is that so abhorrently wrong? We all choose what to do with our bodies (thank f***) and plastic surgery doesn't concern anyone but he or she who choose to have it.

You might want to calm down and assess the issues involved. If Morrissey is allowing Photoshop to misrepresent his appearance that is an issue of personal vanity & revealing of a certain insecurity about the ageing process. If he is using chemical injections or fillers then that has totally different implications which are of concern to anyone interested in the debate about animal rights and human vanity. If he's had work done, it's legitimate to investigate whether or not that behaviour is congruent with his professed concerns for animal rights.

https://www.peta.org/blog/death-botox/

I miss the bad old days when image was important but the main thing was the music. I might be deliberately naive there.
I wonder if Moz looked horrible now would it impact his sales? I guess it would. No wonder he doesn't like playing the media 'game', because it's a game you can't win. I remember him being interviewed around the week that Quarry was released and he was asked when his next release would be. I felt so sorry for him having to take stupid questions like that. Literally in the eyes of the interviewer the album was irrelevant because it had come out a day or two earlier. Talk about zero attention span. You can't and shouldn't cater to people like that. In much the same way the question of whether or not Moz had facial work done is irrelevant and is a private matter.
p.s. If he did get work done, he should have gone all out and gotten adamantium claws to help get him out of crap interviews.

You might want to calm down and assess the issues involved. If Morrissey is allowing Photoshop to misrepresent his appearance that is an issue of personal vanity & revealing of a certain insecurity about the ageing process. If he is using chemical injections or fillers then that has totally different implications which are of concern to anyone interested in the debate about animal rights and human vanity. If he's had work done, it's legitimate to investigate whether or not that behaviour is congruent with his professed concerns for animal rights.

But almost every celebrity image (or image of a well known person who makes money by creating a 'product') is either airbrushed or digitally enhanced. It's been like that for a long time now. Millions of people do it every day on Facebook etc where they slightly change their photos so they look better. Obviously Moz is vain. If I looked like him I'd be vain too. Of course he is insecure. Everybody is, to a certain extent. It can't be easy to be in the public eye in the current age of ageism(pardon the pun).

Sure. A vegan shouldn't use Botox. Agree 100%. But anyone else's vanity or insecurities shouldn't affect anyone but the person in question.

But almost every celebrity image (or image of a well known person who makes money by creating a 'product') is either airbrushed or digitally enhanced. It's been like that for a long time now. Millions of people do it every day on Facebook etc where they slightly change their photos so they look better. Obviously Moz is vain. If I looked like him I'd be vain too. Of course he is insecure. Everybody is, to a certain extent. It can't be easy to be in the public eye in the current age of ageism(pardon the pun).

Ageism and how to react to it as a public figure is an important issue. What you are saying is that Morrissey is doing nothing wrong in slavishly following cultural conformity. That's fine but if he is part of that culture he cannot claim to be radical. It makes him just a Z-list Kardashian. I'm not concerned by his vanity if it's limited to digital manipulation but if he's taken the first steps towards a surgically enhanced appearance using chemicals & fillers, there are important animal rights issues to consider.

Sure. A vegan shouldn't use Botox. Agree 100%. But anyone else's vanity or insecurities shouldn't affect anyone but the person in question.

Every time a public figure gives in to the demand to 'appear young' they influence the culture in an unhelpful way. I find Morrissey's appearance puzzling. It seems silly to allow his hair to age but to use digital filters (or chemicals) to try and keep his skin looking young. There is nothing wrong or unappealing about ageing. A really radical artist would confront the cultural conformity on this issue, not pander to it. .

Strange conversation. Usually everyone around here complains how old Moz looks, like some grandad. And he can't hide anything anyway when he is on stage. Look at this picture from this year

Plastic surgery makes as much sense as wearing a mask, which is basically what it is. Perry Farrell looks very strange now. I was so disappointed to see his new mask. I hope Morrissey has had his photo shopped and not cut and sliced.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom