Morrissey interview by Nina Antonia on Glam Rock and the New York Dolls - Louder Than War

wonder if he makes a distinction between glitter rock and glam

Louder Than War just published a new interview with Morrissey centered around his love of the New York Dolls. Jobriath is also discussed. It's definitely worth a read, especially if you love when Morrissey waxes fanboy.

Interview! Morrissey on glam rock and the New York Dolls - Louder Than War
Posted on January 12, 2015 by Nina Antonia

Glam rock was one the key music scenes that laid the foundation for so much.

It affected people of a certain ago powerfully. One of them was Morrissey and the New York Dolls and glam rock had a profound affect on him as he details to the great writer Nina Antonia (who in turn, was interviewed by LTW here) who in turn has written great books on the Dolls, Thunders and Peter Doherty and many others…

Last edited by a moderator:
a pretty good read! thanks for posting it, Detritus. i love Morrissey in fanboy mode.

wonder if he makes a distinction between glitter rock and glam

I dunno. Explain them to me. (You and Moz have very specific ideas about what is "glam" and what is "glitter.")

Remember when Arthur Kane asked Moz to drive him around to interviews? I don't blame Moz for saying "no," but at least the guy asked straight out instead of manipulating for a ride. Has anyone ever "invited" you to go somewhere, asked you to meet at their residence, and then you find out they just needed a ride, but didn't want to ask straight out? People are such freaks.

I heard David Bowie had a birthday party at the Belly Up Tavern last week. I wonder, was Moz invited along with Lady Gaga?

Isn't it funny that whenever there is any negative news about Morrissey on the main page it is left up there for a while but the recent news of a UK tour for example will have vanished in a couple of days due to ridiculous non-news pushing it down the page. Just a thought...

I dunno. Explain them to me. (You and Moz have very specific ideas about what is "glam" and what is "glitter.")

Remember when Arthur Kane asked Moz to drive him around to interviews? I don't blame Moz for saying "no," but at least the guy asked straight out instead of manipulating for a ride. Has anyone ever "invited" you to go somewhere, asked you to meet at their residence, and then you find out they just needed a ride, but didn't want to ask straight out? People are such freaks.

I heard David Bowie had a birthday party at the Belly Up Tavern last week. I wonder, was Moz invited along with Lady Gaga?

yeah i was born right after the glam thing and was american so it confused us even more. when i read a lot of interviews on bands who were influenced by "glam" rock some mention in interviews the difference between glitter rock and glam which they generally state as glitter rock being the trashier more punk rock bands that threw glitter and femininity into the mix, and some who started that way, and the more traditional glam rock sound of classic rock with femininity and glitter etc. rodney on the roq has some early radio interviews that mention the same but ive never really been able to decide if this is an american distinction, one just regional to them in l.a., or just one a few artist jumped on.

its like spotting the difference between black metal and death metal. that ones rael for sure though

Isn't it funny that whenever there is any negative news about Morrissey on the main page it is left up there for a while but the recent news of a UK tour for example will have vanished in a couple of days due to ridiculous non-news pushing it down the page. Just a thought...

Oh do shut the f*** up. News comes along and it is published, good or bad or in between.

P.

I get terribly depressed when people refer to bands like Mötley Crue, Poison, Skid Row and whatnot as "Glam Rock".

I get terribly depressed when people refer to bands like Mötley Crue, Poison, Skid Row and whatnot as "Glam Rock".

i hear glam metal but yeah i agree. those were the bands championed when i was a kid and im just not into it

Oh do shut the f*** up. News comes along and it is published, good or bad or in between.

P.

I guess Tuesdays are a day off from the medication? The personality disorder has free roam...

I guess Tuesdays are a day off from the medication? The personality disorder has free roam...

You totally misunderstand vBulletin (previously slash dot) software.

When site administrator added a new story, old ones go down.
It has nothing to do with the content itself.

You totally misunderstand vBulletin (previously slash dot) software.

When site administrator added a new story, old ones go down.
It has nothing to do with the content itself.

Lol, I am aware how it works, my original point was that when there is something negative up there, all the silly non-news articles are not posted but when I went to check the Uk tour dates I had to scroll down because of mostly non-news stuff!

Lol, I am aware how it works, my original point was that when there is something negative up there, all the silly non-news articles are not posted but when I went to check the Uk tour dates I had to scroll down because of mostly non-news stuff!

Do you know there is a tab "tour" on top left on your monitor?

Also there is a sticky thread 2015 live dates in Tour forum.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom