Morrissey related Christmas Presents

My Dad got me Sound of The Smiths. :)

And I almost forgot: my Mama got me a chocolate slab thingy from Hotel Chocolat which was called 'The Charming Snowman'. Through some crafty crossing out and rewriting, she turned it into 'This Charming man'. :D

My Dad got me Sound of The Smiths. :)

And I almost forgot: my Mama got me a chocolate slab thingy from Hotel Chocolat which was called 'The Charming Snowman'. Through some crafty crossing out and rewriting, she turned it into 'This Charming man'. :D

Aw, how cute! :) Naturally, your parents love you :sweet:, but are they also Smiths/Moz fans? Curious. Also, they can't be much older than I am...:o:o Someday, I hope to give my daughter Morrissey-related gifts for Xmas. Even if she doesn't really ask for them...:rolleyes: :p

Aw, how cute! Naturally, your parents love you , but are they also Smiths/Moz fans? Curious. Also, they can't be much older than I am...:o Someday, I hope to give my daughter Morrissey-related gifts for Xmas. Even if she doesn't really ask for them...:rolleyes: :p

Yeah, they are - though not nearly as much as I am :o. I got into The Smiths because my sister played my mother's Singles CD once. My mother is 45 and my father is 43, so I'm guessing they are a few years older than you. Isn't your daughter a Morrissey fan too, though? :confused:

Tickets to the St. Patricks Day concert in Pittsburgh!
Please please please, Mozza! :D

Oh, wow! Lucky you. :p

Congrats to anyone who got Moz tickets for Chrimbug - fingers crossed my Dad gets some for me like he said he wanted to. :)

Last edited:
I, too, received Meetings With Morrissey, by Len Brown, from my loving mother. :) After I opened it, my boyfriend joked that he knew what I would be sleeping with that night, under my pillow! :D (And for the record, I didn't!)

Tomorrow, my family are leaving on a long car trip to visit my grandmother in rural Oklahoma for a few days, so I'll have some nice reading material for the journey!

Yeah, they are - though not nearly as much as I am :o. I got into The Smiths because my sister played my mother's Singles CD once. My mother is 45 and my father is 43, so I'm guessing they are a few years older than you. Isn't your daughter a Morrissey fan too, though? :confused:

Yes, a few years... :o

Although only 8, my daughter does like to listen to Morrissey. Honestly! So, I figure any new music I buy, we "share". I gave her some 'examples' earlier (of mozzy pressies) and she did say she'd take a Moz book, but not a poster as "that's too big of a picture...besides I already have Troy (HSM) and Kelly Clarkson." :rolleyes::p Also, I think my husband's eyes would permanently roll up into his head :)rolleyes:) if I gave her anything Moz-related for Christmas.

The kids got these play microphones and have been doing little singing skits for us :) and my dh said "to sing something that Mommy likes"...so my oldest broke out "...and so he drew a swallow on my neck..." and my little one (4), "...I know, I know it's serious..." then together, they started singing "I like you, I like you, I like you!"

:sweet:

Yes, a few years...

Although only 8, my daughter does like to listen to Morrissey. Honestly! So, I figure any new music I buy, we "share". I gave her some 'examples' earlier (of mozzy pressies) and she did say she'd take a Moz book, but not a poster as "that's too big of a picture...besides I already have Troy (HSM) and Kelly Clarkson." :rolleyes::p Also, I think my husband's eyes would permanently roll up into his head :)rolleyes:) if I gave her anything Moz-related for Christmas.

The kids got these play microphones and have been doing little singing skits for us and my dh said "to sing something that Mommy likes"...so my oldest broke out "...and so he drew a swallow on my neck..." and my little one (4), "...I know, I know it's serious..." then together, they started singing "I like you, I like you, I like you!"

Hehehe, my 6-year-old cousin likes High School Musical, as do many of the girls in my year at school. :rolleyes: That's cute though. :)

That's adorable with the 'I Like You, Swallow in a Coma' thingy :sweet:! Although it's doing nothing to disperse my broodiness. :eek:

I got Meetings With Morrissey and a framed promo poster from the fall 1991 tour. Very cool!

Hehehe, my 6-year-old cousin likes High School Musical, as do many of the girls in my year at school. :rolleyes: That's cute though. :)

That's adorable with the 'I Like You, Swallow in a Coma' thingy :sweet:! Although it's doing nothing to disperse my broodiness. :eek:

Your parents and I FORBID you to feel broody...for at least another 10 years! :mad: ;)

Yes, a few years...

The kids got these play microphones and have been doing little singing skits for us :) and my dh said "to sing something that Mommy likes"...so my oldest broke out "...and so he drew a swallow on my neck..." and my little one (4), "...I know, I know it's serious..." then together, they started singing "I like you, I like you, I like you!"

That's so sweet:) What a great Christmas gift in itself, the future generation singing Morrissey!

I got The Sound of the Smiths deluxe edition from my husband, because I basically told him to get it for me;)

I also bought myself Bona Drag and Live in Dallas dvd.

Now if those tickets for AnnArbor or Milwaukee would just go on sale.....:p

I bought my brother James Dean is not Dead.

Problem is, I haven't been able to part with it yet....maybe it will be a birthday gift for him. :D

My brother got me Three DVDs- Pasolini is Me, Live in Dallas, The Smiths on the Southbank Show and Morrissey Greatest Hits on record which he was very disppointed to discover I already owned.

Unfortunately the Southbank show wasn'rt actually inside so he has to return that one.

My friend gave me a DVD of the 2005 Jools Holland SHow.

It was a very nice Christmoz!:D

My dad got my the Sound of The Smiths CD

He said he couldnt miss it in the shop coz Morrissey has his usual "care in the community" look on the cover cheeky or what?

Back
Top Bottom