Morrissey-solo maintenance Jan. 7-8 - moving to the cloud

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Morrissey-solo will be undergoing some maintenance over the next few days. It's a fairly large infrastructure change, moving from hardware to Amazon's cloud service. In the near term expect some intermittent issues. If the site looks odd you may need to clear your browser cache.

This move will ensure the site lives on in the longer term with less downtime and less risk of any hardware-related disasters.

As long as you are sure you don't lose all the vintage posts from the good old days of Mr Proper and Wally the Baboon, its good with me!

Move is complete. There are still some issues to be worked out and tuning over the next week or so. Report any issues here and I'll take a look.

Move is complete. There are still some issues to be worked out and tuning over the next week or so. Report any issues here and I'll take a look.

I noticed whenever I login with my password that is being prompted automatically by my IPhone and click on new posts or What’s New and I am on that page, I get the prompt I need to logon or Sign in again.

Maybe it is not related but I haven’t changed my password.

Even now I get the error of not completing the CAPTCHA verification as if I am anonymous.

I saw some similar errors earlier but they cleared up and I haven't seen them since. Wait an hour or two and try again.

I noticed whenever I login with my password that is being prompted automatically by my IPhone and click on new posts or What’s New and I am on that page, I get the prompt I need to logon or Sign in again.

Maybe it is not related but I haven’t changed my password.

Even now I get the error of not completing the CAPTCHA verification as if I am anonymous.

I saw some similar errors earlier but they cleared up and I haven't seen them since. Wait an hour or two and try again.

Okay, thanks David, I think it’s already working again!

Well, every time I open my browser this site opens as it is my homepage - not noticed a single thing. I wouldn't have known unless I'd spotted this thread.
Had a good rummage on site (as per usual) and everything seems fine from where I'm looking.
Kind regards,
FWD.

Thanks FWD! Not noticing anything is the ideal situation. :) I'll create a post for an article as it is a pretty significant architectural change.

Well, every time I open my browser this site opens as it is my homepage - not noticed a single thing. I wouldn't have known unless I'd spotted this thread.
Had a good rummage on site (as per usual) and everything seems fine from where I'm looking.
Kind regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom