Morrissey takes aim at police brutality with politically-charged new t-shirt - NME

Mentioned on NME.

Morrissey takes aim at police brutality with politically-charged new t-shirt - NME

Excerpt:

T-shirt promotes singer's new album 'Low In High School'

Morrissey takes a swipe at police brutality with a new politically-charged t-shirt bearing the title of a song from his new album.

40757_Morrissey-police-brutality-t-shirt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
fine if you think my above post was 'funny' but I meant no humor in it.

It's sad but we must be obedient at all costs or you may lose your life no matter who you are or what age you are. It happens everyday, and you don't know if it's going to be a good cop or a bad cop, it's like playing Russian roulette. One just has to be obedient and pray they get a good cop. Police need to be trained to treat people like human beings and not abuse or shoot first and ask questions later.

AXE THE POLICE !!!

I mean the bad ones, but how do you root those out ?

It's the same thing with muslims, really. Isn't it?

Somebody gonna put a jihad on you bro.
Freaked-Out-White-Muslim-In-Team-America-Gif.gif

Yeah, so all people posting here anonymous, better sign up as a member with a name.
Before you know it you have a fatwah against you!
"Hey, it wasn't me, it was the other anonymous", won't be convincing enough.
You could learn the first sentences of the Qur'an and recite them, I guess. Why not? :rolleyes:

Just saw this. Moz is less and less subtle. I don't disagree with the message, I just find it very heavy handed.

Meat Is Murder is not subtle. Why should Morrissey be subtle on this topic? It's about killings and brutality, police are trampling on the life and dignity of people without second thoughts. It could be you or your family. Nobody is so perfect that can be sure never will be in the wrong place or situation, even by mistake. A mistake or a misunderstanding shouldn't allow police to kill, torture, humillate or mistreat people. First rule for any kind of institution: don't harm the ones you are supposed to protect. Unless we all admit at last police is just another method of social control designed to terrorize and repress common people, which makes you see the world as it actually is: police are mercenaries like soldiers and we all live in territories occupied by the enemy. The occupation is global. You are the quarry, dear. Is it time for subtleties?

Finally m a political statement that actually makes sense. Even though he didn't say it and instead put it on a shirt or whoever put it on a shirt for him. Things that actually matter. f*** the police, nothing but king shit cops with inflatted egos who abuse they're power.

It's exactly like the muslims, Peter.

A number of police officers - relatively few in number - do things that they oughtn't. They're heavy-handed or they're aggressive or they conduct themselves in an otherwise unsavoury manner. Then some calculating f***er who wants a grain of infamy/popularity decides to exploit the situation for his own ends by generalising those relatively few officers' misdeeds to the police population, as a whole, without pausing to even wonder (let alone, actually try to find out) if, in fact, their unfounded generalisations are completely f***ing moronic.

Now, though, you've made me feel like Al Murray at his most exasperated.

I won’t be buying it. And based on the new single I doubt I’ll be buying the new album either. Up until now I’ve bought everything he has released. The last two albums have been disappointing. His last few concerts I’ve attended have been disappointing. I work too hard for my money to keep wasting it on Nostalgia. I don’t agree with his tactics to sell more albums. I feel like the music should speak for itself. And if the rest of the new album is anything like the single it’s going to be a sad day

I won’t be buying it. And based on the new single I doubt I’ll be buying the new album either. Up until now I’ve bought everything he has released. The last two albums have been disappointing. His last few concerts I’ve attended have been disappointing. I work too hard for my money to keep wasting it on Nostalgia. I don’t agree with his tactics to sell more albums. I feel like the music should speak for itself. And if the rest of the new album is anything like the single it’s going to be a sad day

Don't know what shows you saw last tour but the ones I saw had a heavy dose of songs from WPINOYB, too many for some. I expect the same from this tour with LIHS featured heavily. If you don't want to go that's your choice but how's it 'nostalgia'? He's not Billy Joel........praise the lord.

Well, God Love ya, Landon! It's okay. You don't have to like it and you don't have to buy anything. In fact, you can move along. It's really not hard.

If you've seen the police brutality video montage played during "Ganglord" at shows, or if you pay attention to the news at all, you will understand how far too many police officers abuse their power. This should be a much less controversial statement than "Meat is Murder."

If you've seen the police brutality video montage played during "Ganglord" at shows, or if you pay attention to the news at all, you will understand how far too many police officers abuse their power. This should be a much less controversial statement than "Meat is Murder."

Yeah, that's absolutely correct: if some police officers do things they shouldn't then that means that all - or, at least, most - police officers do things they shouldn't. It's completely reasonable and justifiable to think like that. Police is bad etc. All men are rapists too. Bastards.

Yeah, that's absolutely correct: if some police officers do things they shouldn't then that means that all - or, at least, most - police officers do things they shouldn't. It's completely reasonable and justifiable to think like that. Police is bad etc. All men are rapists too. Bastards.

Well, if you say so.
Coming from you I can't ignore it.
Thanks for your insight.

But........
All's Well At the Pestana 5 Star Hotel.:straightface:

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom