Morrisseys old house in Caroline Close

madasun

Rich beyond Belief
On Timeout
Here are pictures of his old house which he hated in Bayswater, London, just a stones through from Kensington Palace. My house backs onto his old place. image1.jpg

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 37
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 57
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I've tipped me monitor sideways to look at the lovely pictures.

Interesting. When did he live in Bayswater? Was that during The Smiths or the early solo years? He moved to Primrose Hill around 1993 or 1994, didn't he? That was the prime lurking about Camden-and-surrounding-areas period.

When I was in London on a work pass in the late Nineties, my friend worked at the Camden Head, which is just outside of the Angel tube. That was apparently one of his watering holes in those days.

Interesting. When did he live in Bayswater? Was that during The Smiths or the early solo years? He moved to Primrose Hill around 1993 or 1994, didn't he? That was the prime lurking about Camden-and-surrounding-areas period.
Sometime early in his solo career, maybe around the time Bona Drag was released. In Autobiography he mentions Michael Stipe visiting him at 2 Caroline Place.

Sometime early in his solo career, maybe around the time Bona Drag was released. In Autobiography he mentions Michael Stipe visiting him at 2 Caroline Place.

"Life plops me at 2 Caroline Place, an odd little house in Bayswater that will be home (of sorts) for 1989, a disturbingly dry summer when the heat, mixed with the pollution of the Bayswater Road, brings on the panic attacks that I'd thought long since gone. I sleep with the bedroom windows open, but the air feels defiled and contaminated."

Back
Top Bottom