Movie '500 Days of Summer' name drops The Smiths

shawnxvx

funemployment!
(500) days of summer. looks adorable and name drops the smiths.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/PsD0NpFSADM[/youtube]

I love the trailer.

strange, i can kind of relate to that film at the moment. I think.

omg, i wanna see that!! whats that kids name? Joseph Gordon-Levitt or whatever? he's so cute now. looks like he was writing on her arm in a fountain pen in that one scene too. dawww. :love:

hmmmmmm

I don't read the mainpage.

Thanks shawnxvx.

:rolleyes:

If you have some respect to the site administrator, you should read / browse mainpage's news update.

One of David's main concerns is to keep updating news items as soon as possible.

No need for reading other people's comments in there.

Re: hmmmmmm

:rolleyes:

If you have some respect to the site administrator, you should read mainpage's news update.

One of David's main concerns is to keep updating news items as soon as possible.

No need for reading other people's comments in there.

Are you saying that I have no respect for David because I don't read the mainpage? Seriously???

Come on, you can do better than that! :rolleyes:

it looks okay at best, I am sick of all the "cute' movies they make these days.The movies I have found cute over the years were simply cute, not manufactured to be seen as "cute".

Exactly: it name drops The Smiths.

This movie looks royally awful. Lame, insincere, and contrived; a chick flick for Suicide Girls.

Boo-hoo.

it looks okay at best, I am sick of all the "cute' movies they make these days.The movies I have found cute over the years were simply cute, not manufactured to be seen as "cute".

whatever, you guys suck. :mad: why you gotta be such party poopers?

I liked Juno too. I just watched it a week or so ago.

Oh CHRIST that was the worst piece of A-B-C-dialog, Dawson's Creek-cue-taking, let's name-check every expected hipster-friendly band in history and pretend modern 15 year old girls know who Mott the Hoople is SHIT I've ever seen.

But if you like it, that's cool.

whatever, you guys suck. :mad: why you gotta be such party poopers?

The party for this movie is already pooped when it's populated by contrived, see-through, pandering tools masquerading as earnest hip screenwriters pretending to have an understanding of a musical culture they probably at best had a fleeting familiarity with via an older sister's cassette she accidentally left on her closet floor before going off to college...

NO Smiths fangirl would so casually, chirpily remark that she "loves the Smiths" if caught by Fate in an elevator with a strange boy listening to There is a Light on his Walkman...and then just LEAVE. If she REALLY loved The Smiths and knew that song by heart, in THIS day and age, and was in that random elevator experiencing that random moment, and all the implications of it, she'd never leave the elevator without that boy grafted to her skin and THAT is why the movie is full of SHIT. You cannot CASUALLY like The Smiths.

All I'm doing is calling out the bullshit.

The party for this movie is already pooped when it's populated by contrived, see-through, pandering tools masquerading as earnest hip screenwriters pretending to have an understanding of a musical culture they probably at best had a fleeting familiarity with via an older sister's cassette she accidentally left on her closet floor before going off to college...

NO Smiths fangirl would so casually, chirpily remark that she "loves the Smiths" if caught by Fate in an elevator with a strange boy listening to There is a Light on his Walkman...and then just LEAVE. If she REALLY loved The Smiths and knew that song by heart, in THIS day and age, and was in that random elevator experiencing that random moment, and all the implications of it, she'd never leave the elevator without that boy grafted to her skin and THAT is why the movie is full of SHIT. You cannot CASUALLY like The Smiths.

haha. chill out. breathe. :p

although i do agree that it was unrealistic that she'd just leave like that. i thought "omg, why is she LEAVING?!" but it IS just a movie, so yeah. :cool:

of course there are casual smiths fans. i've met many of them. so there's that part of your complaint about the movie out the window.

i don't know how you can presume to know anything about the writers of the movie either. do you know them? have you asked them if they like the smiths? no, you haven't.

i share your dislike for the referential writing style of juno, but i would never assume to know a writer's reason for their work when i know nothing about the writer.

i just looked the movie up on imdb and found out that the only other credits the two writers have are as co-writers of pink panther 2. that doesn't bode well for the dialogue in this movie.

Tags
i love zooey d. iloveet.com
Back
Top Bottom