moz playing marlay park dublin aug 22nd confirmed

C

cossy

we Irish are getting 4 concerts this year. Off to killarney 2morrow then olympia sat and sunday and now this. I live 2 minutes walk from Marlay Park. Saw Oasis there last year good gig but crowd were the worst scumbags i have ever seen at a concert. Saw REM there and they were excellent. Big venue about 15,000. dandy warhols will support

M

Mrs.Brady Old Lady

Where did you see this, Cossy? I heard it rumoured a while back. Saw REM there too, very enjoyable gig, devoid of scumbags

C

cossy

on dave fannings show this evening on 2fm. he played the single and then announced he can officially announce the gig. i emailed the show and asked him would he get a chance to interview Moz over the next few days while he is town. he said "cossy watch this space" Sounds positive. i always thought dave asked a lot of interesting questions when he has interviewed moz in the past.

Where did you see this, Cossy? I heard it rumoured a while back. Saw REM
> there too, very enjoyable gig, devoid of scumbags

M

Mrs.Brady Old Lady

Dave's questions are intelligent. The only problem is they are normally longer than the interviewees answers! Still, he does a good interview all round.

C

cossy

its just that i still have his moz interviews from smiths days and even johnny rogan.he was always a great supporter of moz but since he went drivetime Tom dunne has taken over the moz mantle. daves a good egg

Dave's questions are intelligent. The only problem is they are normally
> longer than the interviewees answers! Still, he does a good interview all
> round.

N

NeverPlayedSymphony

> we Irish are getting 4 concerts this year. Off to killarney 2morrow then
> olympia sat and sunday and now this. I live 2 minutes walk from Marlay
> Park. Saw Oasis there last year good gig but crowd were the worst scumbags
> i have ever seen at a concert. Saw REM there and they were excellent. Big
> venue about 15,000. dandy warhols will support
Dave Fanning's still alive huh... beats bloody Larry Gogan anyhow ! Don't know how anyone else feels but I always felt that both Morrissey and The Smiths were not the acts for outdoor and festivals. Would give this one a miss - much prefer the more intimate setting. Have never seen either in an outdoor environment - just seems wrong for him... and then you have the non fans in the audience...after the Finsbury Park fiasco I am amazed he ever did that again.

M

Mrs.Brady Old Lady

The Old Trafford Cricket Ground gig on the Quarry tour was fantastic. I enjoyed it even more than The MEN gig. Outdoors can work in certain circumstances. Likewise the Dublin Castle gig in '04.

C

cossy

check this out mrs Brady

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/davefanning/

click on latest dave fanning show 8mins 20 secs in

tickets on sale friday week

also rattlebag today

http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2131587.smil

The Old Trafford Cricket Ground gig on the Quarry tour was fantastic. I
> enjoyed it even more than The MEN gig. Outdoors can work in certain
> circumstances. Likewise the Dublin Castle gig in '04.

Top Bottom