• Thread starter Some Totally Random Moz Fan
  • Start date
S

Some Totally Random Moz Fan

... a great review for the film "MY LIFE WITH MORRISSEY" from Film Threat:

MY LIFE WITH MORRISSEY
by Eric Campos

2002, Un-rated, 85 Minutes, Overt Pictures/Twelve Angry Films

Morrissey lovers are notorious for their overzealous devotion and fanaticism towards the pop idol. I’ve known a few myself and any vaguely unsavory comments aimed at their Prince Moaning has earned me a boot to the head or worse…a severe tongue lashing about how The Smiths were the best thing to happen to music EVER. Hey, each to their own, right?

This charming turned spooky comedy introduces us to Jackie and right off the bat, we’re immersed in the uneventful hell that is her life. Jackie is a pushover at work, the only man that will pay attention to her is the office doofus and she has a mega-boner for British pop singer Morrissey. Her apartment exists as a shrine to the star, filled with all sorts of memorabilia that she spends most of her free time talking to. When not cooped up in her house, talking to the Morrissey poster covered walls, Jackie can be found licking Smiths records at the local music store. This is where she gets the tip that Morrissey had just been spotted at a nearby hot dog joint, eating a wiener and reading his poetry. Jackie jets to the hot dog stand and finds a half-eaten veggie dog and a sheet of poetry sitting on a table. Thinking she’s missed her chance, Jackie takes the wienie back by the dumpster and fellates it…until Morrissey walks up and inquires whether that’s his veggie dog she’s trying to cram down her throat or not.

Moments later, Jackie finds herself in the passenger seat of Morrissey’s car as he kindly drives her home. This is her big chance, but does she give him the veggie dog treatment? No. She finds herself paralyzed with awe instead and doesn’t say word one to the love of her life…that is until she gets inside and starts talking to the posters again. Not to dwell on her tragically missed opportunity, Jackie gets it in her mind that she had sex with Morrissey and that she and him are going out. She spreads the word at work to a somewhat indifferent reaction. She takes their unenthused attitude as jealousy and she goes about living her little fantasy, which finds her life spinning out of control.

Of course, because this is a low-budget indie, rights for Morrissey’s music could not be obtained, so forget the prospect (nightmare?) of hearing any of it in this film. There is, however, an impressive Morrissey look-a-like playing the pop idol in the film. But visual and aural Morrissey appearances aside, this is a charming little comedy that grows more bizarre and unpredictable as Jackie’s fantasy world grows more out of control. The entire fun of this movie lies in waiting to see just what the hell is gonna happen next. Whether you're a Morrissey lover or not, there’s plenty to laugh about in “My Life With Morrissey.”
----

Also, remember to come by for drinks, film, and more drinks November 7th at the Silent Movie Theatre in West Hollywood at 7:30 to see MY LIFE WITH MORRISSEY on the big screen with a lot of happy people.

http://mylifewithmorrissey.com/

Film Threat "web site" Review
mlwmPoster.jpg

I hope it is set in his home town (& country)