Morrissey Central "OUR ONE TRUE PRINCE" (July 12, 2020)

Screenshot_20200712-162535.jpg

(Full interview link & archive article here at the time - see below).
FWD.

Related items:

View attachment 57616

(Full interview link & archive article here at the time - see below).
FWD.

Related items:
Prince not my cuppa tea but he was a genuine solo artist unlike steve. Prince wrote the words, sang the songs, wrote the music and played the instruments. A genuinely talented musician and all round solo act. Steve has only ever just been the singer in a pop group. Let's not confuse the two. In Steve's own words, 'I am not a musician'.

Just more whining about 'how come I'm not number 1?"

You should be used to that with the amount of whining you do. Easy fix though - just leave and do something else. The fact you keep hanging around something you despise so much just goes to show what a f***ing idiot you are. Just keep sticking your hand in the fire

This really winds me up, more than the selling of dead artists LPs and signing them yourself, acting like it’s some homage to Prince, all this is, is a cheap shit shining stunt. “Prince said my name once, therefore I must be ok” - f*** off! digging up some old quote of someone who’s universally adored, and using it as some kind of endorsement for Mozzas character.

Compared to damn Prince of all people, Moz is devoid of talent... fansite or not.

I know this site can be delusional at times but let’s not bend the actual truth.
You need to beat it ya moron, you're being called out now, you're no fan of Moz as that statement proves.

I think Morrissey has a lot of good opinions, but he actually should just do his thing and stop whining about attention in the press, or thinking a number one is important.

lol

You should be used to that with the amount of whining you do. Easy fix though - just leave and do something else. The fact you keep hanging around something you despise so much just goes to show what a f***ing idiot you are. Just keep sticking your hand in the fire

It's pathetic how triggered you get by Skinny. Surely even you can see the hypocrisy / irony of jumping in whenever he posts something you don't like? Isn't that what you accuse him of?

Word of advice - don't respond to him and you'll appear less thick.

What ever happened to their idea of a possible duet? Does anyone remember that rumor?
i remember it,appeared on here about 10 years ago,rumour was they actually met but nothing ever came of it.

Compared to damn Prince of all people, Moz is devoid of talent... fansite or not.

I know this site can be delusional at times but let’s not bend the actual truth.
are you a professional bore or is it a hobby you picked up during lockdown.hengeboy,sounds a bit like mingeboy.

Prince did everything by himself from the writing & producing while being an amazing singer & performer

The only thing Moz has going is his already peaked songwriting and awful live vocals
your just making a fool of yourself now,chuck it while your ahead.

listening to the radio in work and the dj says that song is number one in the uk and the artist doesnt have a recording contract,how refreshing.

I think Morrissey has a lot of good opinions, but he actually should just do his thing and stop whining about attention in the press, or thinking a number one is important.

I don't think it's him getting to Number One that really bothers him - it's what he would have to do to get it.

I think he'd like the world to be fair.

I don't think it's him getting to Number One that really bothers him - it's what he would have to do to get it.

I think he'd like the world to be fair.
There is plenty of evidence that not getting to number one bothers him a lot, actually.

I admire Prince's musicianship and there are songs I really like, but I think he was possibly TOO prolific. Apparently there's tons of stuff that's not even seen the light of day. I started reading his biography when he died and noting what was said about there being enough original material to be able to release a new Prince album every year for the foreseeable future.

Same - he's brilliant - but maybe because he wrote too much there's something missing.

There is plenty of evidence that not getting to number one bothers him a lot, actually.

But I think it's because of the way he thinks it works rather than just wanting it. Because there's loads of ways to go get it, but he just does his own thing & then complains it's been let down or had no chance.

But I think it's because of the way he thinks it works rather than just wanting it. Because there's loads of ways to go get it, but he just does his own thing & then complains it's been let down or had no chance.
I agree that he does his own thing, not being willing to compromise etc. but it's very much about "wanting it".
We're talking about Morrissey, who has been obsessed with chart positions ever since he was a little boy, who could recite the position of every single of any artist of a certain period and who has been complaining about his own chart positions throughout his career.
It's very contradictory of course because on the one hand he says chart positions are worthless and therefore meaningless and on the other hand he really wants to be number one but that's Morrissey for you and there's no doubt it still matters a great deal to him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom