Painting and Drawing

Couldn't make out everything you and Eddy said but I got most of it, and definitely the gist of what was said.

I'll put that fixative on it before I send it to you two. I have to get around to reading the instructions, first of all.

transcript:

me: i love it too light housework and so does eddy! i very excitedly showed him the finished product this morning and i think this has been a very special experience for my boy to get his portrait painted so we just wanted to do a vocaroo so we could both say thank you to you for it so eddy why dont you come over and say thank you to light housework okay?
eddy: hi light housework! thanks for painting my portrait. i really like it...... dumb broooaaaad! ha!
me: eddy! *aghast* you're such a brat!
eddy: ha! i know! that's why all the chicks dig me!
me: oh is that why?
eddy: yeah!
me: anyway... i love the portrait because it has my three favourite things in it: EDDY (eddy being my number one favourite OF COURSE)
eddy: of course!
me: dreamyneil (even if dreamyneil IS looking a little bit jaundiced, that's okay. he's still a MOST EXCELLENT specimen)
eddy: i was wondering who that heroine junkie was staring at me. that dreamyneil?
me: yeah, that's dreamyneil
eddy: oh
me: annnnnd my tableware! the only thing is my cup it actually has a little bit of gold around the rim so i think we were kind of hoping you would render that in gold leaf, and well, you didnt.
eddy: yeah, you need to up your game, light housework! ha! just kidding
me: were you?
eddy: yeah
me: oh. i wasnt.
eddy: oh.... anyway... thanks light housework! we love it!
me: yeah, we love it!

transcript:

me: i love it too light housework and so does eddy! i very excitedly showed him the finished product this morning and i think this has been a very special experience for my boy to get his portrait painted so we just wanted to do a vocaroo so we could both say thank you to you for it so eddy why dont you come over and say thank you to light housework okay?
eddy: hi light housework! thanks for painting my portrait. i really like it...... dumb broooaaaad! ha!
me: eddy! *aghast* you're such a brat!
eddy: ha! i know! that's why all the chicks dig me!
me: oh is that why?
eddy: yeah!
me: anyway... i love the portrait because it has my three favourite things in it: EDDY (eddy being my number one favourite OF COURSE)
eddy: of course!
me: dreamyneil (even if dreamyneil IS looking a little bit jaundiced, that's okay. he's still a MOST EXCELLENT specimen)
eddy: i was wondering who that heroine junkie was staring at me. that dreamyneil?
me: yeah, that's dreamyneil
eddy: oh
me: annnnnd my tableware! the only thing is my cup it actually has a little bit of gold around the rim so i think we were kind of hoping you would render that in gold leaf, and well, you didnt.
eddy: yeah, you need to up your game, light housework! ha! just kidding
me: were you?
eddy: yeah
me: oh. i wasnt.
eddy: oh.... anyway... thanks light housework! we love it!
me: yeah, we love it!
Ah, 'tableware' and "just kidding" were what I couldn't understand. I'd thought "Did she say paperware?".

I can spend a few minutes tending to the rim of the cup. Upon inspecting it just now, I see I neglected it. But on the other hand, from where I'm sitting, the white of the rim makes the mug pop out. I'll definitely add some warm yellow color, where the gold in your photo is. I hadn't noticed it until you spoke of it.

I can spend a few minutes tending to the rim of the cup. Upon inspecting it just now, I see I neglected it. But on the other hand, from where I'm sitting, the white of the rim makes the mug pop out. I'll definitely add some warm yellow color, where the gold in your photo is. I hadn't noticed it until you spoke of it.
yeah, no, you're right. it's probably better left as is, there' so much yellow already in the picture

Chocolate lab initiated. It's always a big deal to me, to initiate a painting, but this piece of wood took 2 coatings of watercolor ground, which took 72 hours each to dry. So it's a really big deal to me to commit pigment to it. I made a video of the initiation. It's not showing much though. It's uploading to YouTube now.
20201124_200613.jpg

I don't know how people do proper how to videos. I guess I'll learn if I want to.

When I had a neighbor over today, she knew the Mamie portrait was Mamie Van Doren!

Everybody says to sand the watercolor ground. I can't stand the notion. I'm certain the unfinished wood texture will enhance the painting's appeal, not detract from it. We shall see.

@rifke I'll put fixative on today, and send Eddy tomorrow morning. That would be cool if it'd get there in 24 hours again. I'll wrap it in a plastic bag as a first layer, in case it gets rained on. Don't want Daniel Smith watercolor paints to be wasted. I don't like jewelry because I don't like mining, but these paints grabbed me. I grabbed them. That paint that dirtied up Eddy is called Hematite. I wonder what that is.
20201125_100235.jpg

It smells like a car mechanic's garage in my apartment. Next time I spray on a coat, I'll scram out for a walk. It'll be dry soon. Yuck

It didn't ruin Eddy. Phew
20201125_102645.jpg

Okay, rescheduling, because I have to be out of my apartment for a couple of hours after each coat, and I intend to put 2 more coats on, so, I think Monday morning I'll send Eddy. My two windows are open, but it still smells. Learnin! The fixative didn't change the painting, as far as I know, except to make it safer to not have behind glass, and protect it from dust and UV light.

Be gone fumes!