Painting and Drawing

4RicoPortrait_8x12.jpg

How much would you charge for Zombie boy?
Charge for what, doing his portrait?

I invested in better colored pencils today. I feel very lucky to have them, and the peaceful leisurely time to get to know them well. I'm having a good time lately, making portraits, enjoying good food, art supplies, and just now, a warm bath using rosemary scented shampoo. Now my art better be great, or else!

Hey! The cashier undercharged me. I bought 2 graphite pencils, and she only charged me for one! Maybe she did it on purpose, as a little bonus for buying so many colored pencils.

Hey! The cashier undercharged me. I bought 2 graphite pencils, and she only charged me for one! Maybe she did it on purpose, as a little bonus for buying so many colored pencils.
She probably reads this and knows that other one took $5 from you.

I cheated. I used gouache to cover an area I mistakenly colored. The stain wouldn't come out, so I masked it. Smart eh? I bet it's done all the time. Gouache is watercolor. I'm supposed to be doing colored pencil. I was desperate, after coloring in the white of an eye, when I meant to color the iris! Phew! Lucky I had white gouache to the rescue.
20201026_215810.jpg

My verdict now that I see it mounted, is that another couple of hours would have improved it. But, I like it, so I'm pleased.
20201027_034059.jpg

I don't know if I have the patience for colored pencil. It seems you have to put multiple layers on, pressing hard, or it looks grainy. I have to buy smooth paper tomorrow. Maybe that will help.

Tags
art artwork drama drawing drudgery expression fun fury painting
Back
Top Bottom