Paris, 11/03/2020

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/paris
"French authorities will not allow any concert gatherings in Paris this week due to the Virus. Morrissey's concert is affected by this ruling."

This is not true, though. There are many artists performing two smaller shows on the same day in order to respect the 1000 pax restriction. Van Morrison is actually doing it tonight. Nada Surf are doing it tomorrow. Moz could easily do the same.

I can not tell you how this decision has hit me,I have been looking forward to this away day for months but I'll probably go to Wembley but it's not going to be the same

"French authorities will not allow any concert gatherings in Paris this week due to the Virus. Morrissey's concert is affected by this ruling."

This is not true, though. There are many artists performing two smaller shows on the same day in order to respect the 1000 pax restriction. Van Morrison is actually doing it tonight. Nada Surf are doing it tomorrow. Moz could easily do the same.
Why go to work when you don't have to.thats why he is soooo happy ?

He could maybe do the same but I'm not sure how easy that would be. It is true to say that Morrissey's show, as it stands, is directly affected by the ruling from the French authorities.

Why go to work when you don't have to.thats why he is soooo happy ?

Yes, why book to play a gig then be happy that you can't play it...

It would be great if Morrissey could play two sets but maybe it's not his fault that he can't. As they say in France, give him."le benefit de la doubt"...

(Just arrived in Paris on the Thaly from Cologne!)

It would be great if Morrissey could play two sets but maybe it's not his fault that he can't. As they say in France, give him."le benefit de la doubt"...

"Le bénéfice du doute" ;)

aye, ‘‘twas our plan to get the rattler from Koln , but got a flight home instead.
Had Morrissey got the first 999 in and performed 10-12 songs, then the next 999 and done the same, you’d only have the usual hysteria about why he should be tar and feathered. No pleasing some.
Despite Paris being off, can’t be too pissed because last night went ahead and last night was rather excellent, a few mid set songs aside. Enjoy Paris

Back
Top Bottom