Phil Spector convicted of murder

I am a Ghost

US music producer Phil Spector has been convicted of murdering actress Lana Clarkson at his home in 2003.

The 68-year-old, famous for the "Wall of Sound" recording technique, faces between 15 years and life in prison.

He had pleaded not guilty to the second degree murder of 40-year-old Ms Clarkson, who was shot in the mouth at Spector's home in Los Angeles.

The trial, at the city's Superior Court, lasted five months and saw 77 witnesses take the stand.

Second degree murder falls between first degree murder, which requires proof of pre-meditation, and manslaughter.

Actress Clarkson, 40, had been working as a hostess at the House of Blues venue in Los Angeles, and went home with Spector on the night of her death.

After appearing in cult 1980s films such as Barbarian Queen and Fast Times at Ridgemont High, her acting career had hit the rocks.

Spector had arrived at the club with waitress Kathy Sullivan, before setting his sights on Ms Clarkson.

Spector's Brazilian chauffeur, Adriano De Souza, said his boss appeared to be intoxicated and that Ms Clarkson was initially reluctant to go home with the music producer.

Lana Clarkson appeared in cult 1980s film Barbarian Queen
Lana Clarkson appeared in cult 1980s film Barbarian Queen

She was found dead in the foyer of his house in the early hours of the morning.

A holster that matched the snub-nosed Cold Cobra revolver that Spector used to kill her was found in a drawer in the foyer.

Mr De Souza called the emergency services, saying: "I think my boss killed somebody", after Spector emerged from his home with a gun.

He told jurors Spector had said: "I think I killed somebody."

The producer was taken into custody about 40 minutes after the shooting and had to be subdued by officers using a stun gun.

The trial also heard from a number of women who said Spector had threatened them with guns in the past.

Defence lawyers had argued that Ms Clarkson's death was a suicide.

Spector himself decided not to give evidence.

The two sides in the trial closed their cases on 7 September.

The prosecution, speaking last, offered a dramatic animated video purporting to recreate the shooting, showing Spector within inches of Ms Clarkson's mouth.

Prolific career

"These are not evidence," prosecutor Pat Dixon said of the animations. "They are our view of what happened."

Spector's lawyer closed her case by asking jurors not to become "vigilantes", appealing to them not to judge the star on his eccentric appearance, or by stories of women who dated him.

The jury began their deliberations on 11 September, but returned to court after a week to say they were split over the verdict.

Superior Court Judge Larry Paul Fidler ruled they would not be allowed to consider a lesser charge of manslaughter after hearing arguments from lawyers on both sides of the case.

Spector worked with some of the biggest names in the pop and rock business, including The Beatles and Ike and Tina Turner.

He produced hits including You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by the Righteous Brothers and the Ronettes' Be My Baby.

finally it's over with.

I wonder if Moz will have some comments in the upcoming gigs. so many of his influences worked with him, it would be interesting if he has any comments

What will happen to his hair?:eek:
ps.jpg

he can give it to
0006ey0f.gif

Moz :rolleyes::lbf::o

Why does prison make your hair fall out?:p

Maybe he'll donate it for basket weaving to keep the inmates occupied or something.

Or he could make a big rope and escape with it.

I mean if Andy Dufresne can make models with bits of rock then old Philly can plan something equally as good.

Maybe he'll donate it for basket weaving to keep the inmates occupied or something.

Or he could make a big rope and escape with it.

I mean if Andy Dufresne can make models with bits of rock then old Philly can plan something equally as good.

Have you been at the sherry?

What? No one saw that coming?

Back
Top Bottom