Phil Spector convicted of murder

Phil Spector will serve 19 years for murder of actress

Last updated at 8:11 PM on 29th May 2009

Music producer Phil Spector has been sentenced to 19 years in jail for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson.

The 68-year-old, most famous for his 'Wall of Sound' recording technique, was sentenced at a Los Angeles court, following his conviction for second degree murder in April.

The judge sentenced Spector to 15 years to life for second-degree murder and four years for personal use of a gun. The judge is also ordering restitution payments.

Clarkson, 40, was murdered on February 3, 2003, hours after meeting Spector at the House of Blues nightclub.

The actress and bar hostess was killed in the early hours of the next morning by a single gunshot to the mouth in the foyer of the producer's mansion.

Two successive juries heard testimony from Spector's driver claiming Spector emerged from the house brandishing a gun and saying: 'I think I killed someone.'

But his lawyers maintained Clarkson committed suicide. In an magazine interview, Spector said she 'kissed the gun' before pulling the trigger herself.

The jury was unanimous in its verdict last month of second degree murder, as required by Californian law.

In Spector's first trial, jurors deadlocked 10-2 with the majority favouring conviction.

Second degree murder carries a mandatory sentence of 15 years to life imprisonment.

Spector was one of the biggest names in the music world during his heyday - he was the producer of countless teen anthems including To Know Him is to Love Him, the Ronettes' classic Be My Baby, The Crystals' Da Doo Ron Ron and the Righteous Brothers' You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'.

He also produced Ike and Tina Turner's "River Deep-Mountain High" and worked on a Beatles album with John Lennon.

I'm sure some big burly prisoners will make some use of him in the showers.:rolleyes:

This makes me sad. How can a man who looks like a Bernstein Bear do such a horrible thing? :(

Berenstain.jpg

I'm sure some big burly prisoners will make some use of him in the showers.:rolleyes:

really?, you think they rape guy's
ps.jpg
like this :eek:

ps: also, i notice the rich old white guy factor in his sentencing
basically he got the minimum :cool:

*=this pic is from the 1st trial years ago now...

really?, you think they rape guy's
ps.jpg
like this :eek:

ps: also, i notice the rich old white guy factor in his sentencing
basically he got the minimum :cool:

*=this pic is from the 1st trial years ago now...

Oh yes.:rolleyes:

The guards will have to frisk his hair for narcotics and weapons after every visiting time.:lbf:

When I was little I used to watch this cartoon called The Hair Bear Bunch.It was my fave after Batfink and Captain Caveman.:D

He looks like one of the bears.

Back
Top Bottom