pre concert music

C.J.M

Can anybody tell me what some of the songs were that were played before kristeen yong came on stage, i really liked some of the them but i have no idea who they were by! lol does morrissey pick all the tracks that are played before the gig starts?

Hi

I can say for sure that Jobriath's 'Street Corner Love' was played, as was Sandie Shaw's 'You've not Changed'. I think that a T-Rex/Marc Bolan song was played too.

Can anyone else shed some light on some of the songs? How about that song about living alone?

I would have thought that all the music played was Moz's choice, as let's face it, not many people would play Jobriath before a gig. I still think playing Jobriath's 'What a Pretty' as entrance music earlier this year was awesome.

Ghosts Of Overdoses by Damien Dempsey was played, as well as 'Justified Ancients of Mu-Mu' by KLF. I want to find out what the really laid back track was which, towards the end, sound like someone had got hold of mike and started talking over it with snippits of the lyrics. I thought someone had left a mike open until the playlist looped around again. Also, anyone any ideas on the speech that was played?

'I'm Living Alone And I Like It' sung by the incredible Sophie Tucker- reminiscent of Noel Coward/ Mae West, masculine sounding vocals- very witty lyrics and if a song ever summed up Moz's stance on co-habitation...

Couldn't resist putting up the lyrics to Sophie Tucker song- it's along, dull afternoon at work & I need to amuse myself! If i had the know-how would upload the song but sadly...seek her out, she's a scream.

'According to the columnists, a rumour somehow still persists
That a certain gentleman and I have named a date which I must deny.
He’s rich & handsome & gallant & everything a girl could want
But I’ve learned my lesson and anyhow- I like the way I’m living now.
Cos I’m a one ticket gal, free as the breeze, I go where I like, I do as I please.
When I lock up my apartment, I’ve got all the keys, I’m living alone & I like it.

If I wanna play gin, I stay up & I play gin, I come home when I want to & when I walk in,
There’s nobody growling at me ‘Where the hell have you been?’
I’m living alone & I like it.
I’m a single bed, one pillow Mamma, & there’s no Papa sober or stewed,
Who comes home late to shake me & nudge me & wake me,
To get up & make whoopee when I’m not in the mood.
If I wanna have some fun, if I get bothered & hot, I phone one of those ‘tall dark handsomes’ that I’ve got, if it costs me a twenty or a fifty, so what?
I’m living alone & I like it

No man buys my dresses or pays for my minks, if I get a new hat trimmed with posies & pinks,
There’s no darling husband yelling at me ‘Take it off! It stinks!’
I buy it, I wear it & I like it.

If I should go out riding with some nice young man & he makes a pass- I don’t have to say ‘Yes’, I don’t have to take any of his sass- car belongs to me, I’m paying for the gas.
He can get right outta the car, if he don’t like it.
When my gentleman friend comes up to my house for dinner & it’s very late when we finish with the wine, if in the morning I make him eggs & bacon- it ain’t nobody’s business but mine.

As you already know, I’ve had three matrimonial wrecks
& there’s not gonna be any fourth Mr Ex & I’ll have you know I won’t won’t sign anymore alimony cheques-
I’m living alone & like it!'

Back
Top Bottom