Produce Like A Pro YT: "Masters of Production: The Smiths and Blur Producer Stephen Street" (March 8, 2021)

Screenshot_20210309-094030~2.png

"Best known for his work with The Smiths, The Cranberries, and Blur, today we are talking with English music producer, Stephen Street!

Street began his musical career in the late 1970s playing in various bands in London. He then started at Island Records as an in-house assistant and then as an in-house engineer.

The Smiths and Morrissey

One of Street’s first jobs as in-house engineer was for a session for The Smiths’s “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now”. He then worked on their album Meat Is Murder, with Morrissey and Marr producing for the first time.

Street continued to work with The Smiths, working as an engineer on their album The Queen Is Dead before assuming a producer role for Strangeways, Here We Come, their final album.

After The Smiths broke up, Street worked with Morrissey as a producer and co-songwriter on his album Viva Hate. This album reached No. 1, spawning two top 10 hits in the UK. Street went on to co-write and produce two further singles for Morrissey which appeared on Bona Drag.

Blur

After hearing “She’s So High”, Blur’s first single, Street contacted their manager. Soon after he produced their second single “There’s No Other Way”, although he did not produce the album as a whole. Street produced Blur’s next four albums: Modern Life Is Rubbish, Parklife, The Great Escape and Blur.

Street produced Blur’s 2015 album The Magic Whip, their first since the band’s reformation with Coxon.

The Cranberries

In 1992, Street started working with Irish band The Cranberries on their debut album Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We?. The album turned out to be a huge success in the U.S. In 1994, Street worked with the band again on their second album No Need to Argue.

Street worked with the band on their fifth album Wake Up and Smell the Coffee and the two extra tracks that were recorded for their 2002 best of album Stars: “Stars” and “New New York”.

Street also produced their sixth studio album Roses, released in 2012. He also produced their final album In the End, released in 2019.

In February 2020, it was announced Street will receive the Outstanding Achievement Award at the upcoming Music Producer’s Guild Awards."

The interview in full:

Regards,
FWD.

:straightface:
they are about the same age but i dont think Hugh was ever a punk rocker. most of the trolls here are over the hill punk rockers.:)
they feed on pizza pops.
I'm still not sure who Melvin is on here.

Are you saying that Hugh Clark is in his forties or fifties?

Meghan rescued battery chickens.
Morrissey hasn't said anything about Meghan and Harry. He hasn't said very much about Covid either.

I think that Morrissey is a vegan he doesn't eat eggs.

What do you think of Hugh Clark?

Wtf are you babbling on, freak
You’re trying to reason with the biggest mental case this forum has ever seen. And that’s saying a lot, as you know. I’m not even trying to be funny, this guy is not well. To sit and post drivel like that several hours every day is not something a healthy person would do. That’s obvious to anybody. So my advice to you is to just scroll past his ramblings. He’ll call you names and be rude, but I guess that’s just part of his illness.

So we have Stephen-I-worked-with-Morrissey-decades-ago, Alain-I-worked-with-Morrissey-decades-ago and Johnny-I-worked-with-Morrissey-decades-ago.

They should get together and talk about it once a week in some sort of group therapy!
They probably could use it.

The real story is that Morrissey was upset because he wasn't asked to be on Top of the Popes (of Mope).

Morrissey hasn't said anything about Meghan and Harry. He hasn't said very much about Covid either.

Morrissey did use the racist term "Kung Flu" for Covid-19.

Another link in the chain of hate that leads to hate crimes against Asians.

You’re trying to reason with the biggest mental case this forum has ever seen. And that’s saying a lot, as you know. I’m not even trying to be funny, this guy is not well. To sit and post drivel like that several hours every day is not something a healthy person would do. That’s obvious to anybody. So my advice to you is to just scroll past his ramblings. He’ll call you names and be rude, but I guess that’s just part of his illness.
:rolleyes:

Salsa whats with the daily drama
tenor.gif

every minutes its a hysterical outburst. take the personality test FFS💆‍♀️

To be fair, it’s not hard to understand why someone would be upset with the Chinese for perpetually making lives miserable for humans and animals alike, and then saying certain things in the heat of the moment.

Salsa thats the proper term Kung Flu o_O
dont side up to the woke nutters:mad:

I'm still not sure who Melvin is on here.

Are you saying that Hugh Clark is in his forties or fifties?

yes both are old dudes, but Melvin is a punk rocker who was supposed
to conquer the Polish punk rock market with his non existing hit single:straightface:
Melvin is a virulent troll who posts under several different log in names and when that doesnt work as an anon:mad:

what the trolls here feed on. o_O
also part of the amenities provided by blur:mad:
the aristocrat trolls insist on DELUXE pops:straightface:
if you feed them cheeseburger pizza pops they will
get salsa hysterical and quit the Blur recording.:straightface:
they love the green bits inside the pop.

images

yes both are old dudes, but Melvin is a punk rocker who was supposed
to conquer the Polish punk rock market with his non existing hit single:straightface:
Melvin is a virulent troll who posts under several different log in names and when that doesnt work as an anon:mad:
I suppose what I was trying to say was I don't think I have seen anyone posting on here under the name of "Melvin". Unless they use other names. Is Melvin a Polish name? I don't really know anything about the Polish music scene. I have never visited Poland.

Hugh was known on here. I wasn't sure who started the horrible degrading "Melvis" thing. Trying to put Morrissey down. Maybe Nerak might know.

If Melvin isn't a Morrissey fan why does he post on here?

If he's the Melvis one, he's improved.

Morrissey did use the racist term "Kung Flu" for Covid-19.

Another link in the chain of hate that leads to hate crimes against Asians.

He always uses puns - puns don't lead to hate crimes.

He always uses puns - puns don't lead to hate crimes.
Alex Belfield was using the same pun on his YouTube channel.

I don't know who first started the "Melvis" thing. Not sure who Melvin is but he is thought to be Polish. Hugh Clark is Scottish not Polish.

the REAL Melvin, the sock puppet mouse troll behind the numerous fake usernames:grimacing:

:handpointdown:

3969010401_065f36ca03_b.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom