Radio 2 Best Albums of the 1980's list (October 9, 2020)

So witty. I guess you’re into it. Thinking about the king of pop sucking off a 9 year old at Disneyland probably gets you hard?
I’ll leave you to your thoughts. I can see you need to keep your hands free.

I had no idea that by today's standards Finsbury Park was a homophobic hate crime against Moz.

That bit's been completely written out.

Was Stonewall in a coma?????????

I had no idea that by today's standards Finsbury Park was a homophobic hate crime against Moz.

That bit's been completely written out.

Was Stonewall in a coma?????????

That’s interesting. And yes, from what I heard it was. However, I think there was little surprise after the event and a sense that Morrissey had wilfully walked into the lion’s den. Which, of course, he had.

Welcome to the Pleasuredome was indeed an event. I remember being on holiday in Newquay c.1985 and every other shop seemed to be selling a ‘Frankie Says...’ t-shirt.
LP never gets mentioned much in 80s album lists nowadays despite being big at the time.

I saw Two Tribes on a repeat TOTPs recently and was taken aback by how avant garde it sounded amongst all the happy cheesy pop. The whole performance looked and sounded contemporary.

They were a flash in the pan timewise but an impressive slice of musical history.

That’s interesting. And yes, from what I heard it was. However, I think there was little surprise after the event and a sense that Morrissey had wilfully walked into the lion’s den. Which, of course, he had.

That he deserved it?

That's a totally different world. Homophobic crowds aren't meant to exist & if they do they're disgraceful, not the artist.

The wee soul had this 👇 on Viva Hate & no one thought calling him a poof was bad??? I can't even say that word out loud it's so bigoted.

I'm proper shocked.

LP never gets mentioned much in 80s album lists nowadays despite being big at the time.

I saw Two Tribes on a repeat TOTPs recently and was taken aback by how avant garde it sounded amongst all the happy cheesy pop. The whole performance looked and sounded contemporary.

They were a flash in the pan timewise but an impressive slice of musical history.
I can still remember the video to Two Tribes: extraordinary. I have the picture disc.

Christ, the 80s were ace.

That he deserved it?

That's a totally different world. Homophobic crowds aren't meant to exist & if they do they're disgraceful, not the artist.

The wee soul had this 👇 on Viva Hate & no one thought calling him a poof was bad??? I can't even say that word out loud it's so bigoted.

I'm proper shocked.

I think many people could’ve told him what the outcome would be. And I think some tried to. I do remember thinking ‘Jesus, how is this going to work?’

That he deserved it?

I'm proper shocked.

You can’t say a word? It’s a sound that comes out of your mouth. Is it “f*****”?

I now have the opening guitar riff to Two Tribes going round and round in my head. Thanks.

That he deserved it?

I'm proper shocked.

I think it’s more that if it wasn’t that crowd, Morrissey wouldn’t have wanted the gig. He saw it as a challenge (presumably) and an opportunity for some mutual admiration. In the end, his fascination wasn’t reciprocated.

If it adds anything to the conversation: I once spoke to the singer of Gallon Drunk who took the Morrissey slot the day after. He described their experience of playing to the Madness crowd as ‘f***ing horrendous’.

I think it’s more that if it wasn’t that crowd, Morrissey wouldn’t have wanted the gig. He saw it as a challenge (presumably) and an opportunity for some mutual admiration. In the end, his fascination wasn’t reciprocated.

If it adds anything to the conversation: I once spoke to the singer of Gallon Drunk who took the Morrissey slot the day after. He described their experience of playing to the Madness crowd as ‘f***ing horrendous’.

It's a still a complete injustice that the homophobia was excused.

& Cornershop getting lauded for BURNING Moz's picture after HE suffered a hate crime because of a FALSE allegation that he supported the people who attacked him. That's extraordinary.

It's a still a complete injustice that the homophobia was excused.

& Cornershop getting lauded for BURNING Moz's picture after HE suffered a hate crime because of a FALSE allegation that he supported the people who attacked him. That's extraordinary.
I doubt that it was even Cornershop’s idea. The event you recall was probably an NME photo shoot which preceded an interview.

It was certainly strange (or not) that the NME cameras arrived before the band for ‘their’ protest.

I imagine the music press photographer (inspired by the attention Sinead O’Connor has recently ‘enjoyed’ after igniting The Pope’s image) turns up with a Morrissey picture and some matches—and he just about remembers to bring a camera with film in it.

After convincing Cornershop to fulfill their swan vesta destiny, the ensuing interview has an ‘interesting’ and sellable Morrissey related angle with colour pictures: That really was how that publication operated.

When Morrissey was questioned about the event, a couple of years later, he returned the favour by showering praise on Cornershop’s album.

I doubt that it was even Cornershop’s idea. The event you recall was probably an NME photo shoot which preceded an interview.

It was certainly strange (or not) that the NME cameras arrived before the band for ‘their’ protest.

I imagine the music press photographer (inspired by the attention Sinead O’Connor has recently ‘enjoyed’ after igniting The Pope’s image) turns up with a Morrissey picture and some matches—and he just about remembers to bring a camera with film in it.

After convincing Cornershop to fulfill their swan vesta destiny, the ensuing interview has an ‘interesting’ and sellable Morrissey related angle with colour pictures: That really was how that publication operated.

When Morrissey was questioned about the event, a couple of years later, he returned the favour by showering praise on Cornershop’s album.

Ugh. Imagine fitting someone up like that & using it to perpetually condemn him. Even now.

Moz must be very nice - because I would be cursing their names to my deathbed.

Actually I've noticed that Moz almost never condemns people. It's usually an institution or The Meat Industry - which is his version of The Patriarchy.

Ugh. Imagine fitting someone up like that & using it to perpetually condemn him. Even now.

Actually I've noticed that Moz almost never condemns people. It's usually an institution or The Meat Industry - which is his version of The Patriarchy.
Yes. He seems like a gentleman to me.

How about he rapes your 11 year old son? That’s cool right? I can’t understand why society still celebrates this deranged pervert monster.
was michael jackson ever convicted of any crimes against young boys.did he ever go to jail.did macauley culkin defend him,he said he never did anything to me and i never saw him do anything to anybody else.

too true,marr is always getting a dig in and yet M keeps his mouth shut,tells me marr is playing to the crowd whenever he can.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom