Reality-TV

Wozzer

Just watched the interview via youtube where Morrissey shares his opinion about reality-TV among other things. He really nails the point threre about how this reality TV-show crap that has invaded our televisions (Idol, Talent, Big Brother.. etc.) is based on humiliation of the contenders. The point of this thread (I think) is to ask you soloers, does anybody here actually watch/enjoy these kind of shows?

Feel free to share opinions. :guitar:

yes. the more humiliation, the better. I watch "The Pickup Artist" through my fingers cuz its just that painful, but I can't help myself.

yes. the more humiliation, the better. I watch "The Pickup Artist" through my fingers cuz its just that painful, but I can't help myself.

I had to google this one. It really sounds like a new low-point for reality-TV. Soon they'll be killing people in front of a live audience. :guitar:

I had to google this one. It really sounds like a new low-point for reality-TV. Soon they'll be killing people in front of a live audience. :guitar:

it's so awesome. it premiered last year, and they just started the second season a few weeks ago. :guitar:

Never. I find it the lowest low of tv. Absolutely effortless for the makers.

Never. I find it the lowest low of tv. Absolutely effortless for the makers.

Yes, completely agree with you. I wonder when will people get tired of the reality-tv trend, I mean, it's been going on for years and years. It's even more appalling now than when it first hit the screen. Awful. :gun:

In 2006 I watched the first season of "The Pickup Artist" and it was my guilty pleasure (it's kinda like driving by a really bad accident and trying not to look.) I also watched, "Rock Of Love", that Flava Flav show (because he's so damned ugly and all of these ho's were flocking around him because of the bling factor) I change my plea to guilty :D

The Pickup Artist is great, Mrs Eyebrow showed it to me the other night and it was amazing. I can't believe that Mystery guy! Apart from that I'm pretty bad for reality TV, I live for BB when it comes around and all the reality shows on Five are good. I can't see why anyone would bother themselves to get annoyed about such shows, it's all a bit of harmless fun. *kicks a child*

I LOVE The Amazing Race.

Celebrity Rehab is my guilty pleasure.

Season 2 iz now...

http://blog.vh1.com/2008-10-08/celebrity-rehab-season-2-watch-the-supertrailer/

Dr. Drew Frink!! :horny:

drdrew.jpg

Just watched the interview via youtube where Morrissey shares his opinion about reality-TV among other things. He really nails the point threre about how this reality TV-show crap that has invaded our televisions (Idol, Talent, Big Brother.. etc.) is based on humiliation of the contenders. The point of this thread (I think) is to ask you soloers, does anybody here actually watch/enjoy these kind of shows?

No. I've never watched them. I did watch two seasons of American Idol, for some reason.

I do sometimes watch Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Bear Grylls, and the Canadian guy who does the same thing that Bear Grylls does. I live in a houseful of men, if you can't tell.

The Pickup Artist is great, Mrs Eyebrow showed it to me the other night and it was amazing. I can't believe that Mystery guy! Apart from that I'm pretty bad for reality TV, I live for BB when it comes around and all the reality shows on Five are good. I can't see why anyone would bother themselves to get annoyed about such shows, it's all a bit of harmless fun. *kicks a child*

i still can't get over that show. and how those guys take it so seriously, and how ridiculous Mystery is. i just...its baffling. sooo painful to watch. i mean...they get medallions!!! freaking medallions!!!

I LOVE The Amazing Race.

Celebrity Rehab is my guilty pleasure.

Season 2 iz now...

http://blog.vh1.com/2008-10-08/celebrity-rehab-season-2-watch-the-supertrailer/

Dr. Drew Frink!! :horny:

drdrew.jpg

I watched about 20 minutes of that the other day. I have a hard time watching that. i start to choke up every 5 minutes. I'm such a baby! I always feel so bad for them. that chick from the first season of American Idol, when she was talking about her mom dying. ughh....cant take it. :o

Anyone who watches these programmes needs to seriously get a f***ing life!

Yes really. I can't believe that anyone with any intelligence would even find them remotely entertaining. But that's just me:)

everyone has guilty pleasures.

I can easily switch from watching political news coverage to mindless entertainment. nothing wrong with it. you need a nice balance. :)

I don't really watch any television anymore, really. If I want to watch something I can get it online at sites like surfthechannel or youtube. I usually just watch racing programs and such. Television holds little interest for me, and all reality shows are basically soap operas with amateurs in the lead roles. It's all scripted out and pre-planned anyway, so I guess for some it's a guilty pleasure, but I don't find any appeal in it.

the few times i have watched any reality tv i have found them to be less real than anything else on tv :eek:
shoot i think the only reality tv i can enjoy at all is
SCIFI_GhostHunters2.jpg

No. I've never watched them. I did watch two seasons of American Idol, for some reason.

I do sometimes watch Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Bear Grylls, and the Canadian guy who does the same thing that Bear Grylls does. I live in a houseful of men, if you can't tell.

I love the Mythbusters! One of the best moments was when they build a toast dropping machine, designed to drop toast exactly the same way every time, to see if it did in fact land on the butter side more often. It didn't. (My toast always does, though).
Bear Grylls is good too, although the episodes I've seen was mostly about seeing how many different disgusting things he could eat before the show was over.
These are not really reality shows, though, are they?

Some people like them on here and they are generally people i like.

I think it's pointless crap and a huge turd in our cultural punch-bowl..:)

Back
Top Bottom