Red Nail Varnish?

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Slightly bizarre, but I've just watched the Morrissey Live in Dallas DVD, and I could swear there was a point where he put his hands close to the mic, and I could see red nail varnish on both thumbs but not on the fingers?:eek: Maybe I'm going mad... Or maybe it symbolises something? I have no idea.. :confused: :confused:

He regularly wore red nail polish on his thumbs during the kill uncle tour.

Attachments

• nailpolished.jpg
    nailpolished.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 80
Actually, it was magenta.

kind regards,
joe.

Oh I've long, long ago abandoned any attempts at answering 'why ?' Morrissey does anything, from elastoplasts on his brow/nipple through fake cuts to crotch foliage to Eurovision obsession, it is all just the wonderful world of Morrissey !
In this particular instance I recall that in an NME interview at the start of the 'Kill Uncle' tour he stated that his perfect audience would consist of skinheads wearing magenta nail varnish. I also have a more vague recollection of reading somewhere that, as previously noted by Danny, it was a nod to Marc Bolan.
Kind regards,
joe.

Oh I've long, long ago abandoned any attempts at answering 'why ?' Morrissey does anything, from elastoplasts on his brow/nipple through fake cuts to crotch foliage to Eurovision obsession, it is all just the wonderful world of Morrissey !
In this particular instance I recall that in an NME interview at the start of the 'Kill Uncle' tour he stated that his perfect audience would consist of skinheads wearing magenta nail varnish. I also have a more vague recollection of reading somewhere that, as previously noted by Danny, it was a nod to Marc Bolan.
Kind regards,
joe.

Indeed!

The mystery for me is all part of my enjoyment.

The hearing aid, the 'Marry Me' :D

Slightly bizarre, but I've just watched the Morrissey Live in Dallas DVD, and I could swear there was a point where he put his hands close to the mic, and I could see red nail varnish on both thumbs but not on the fingers?:eek: Maybe I'm going mad... Or maybe it symbolises something? I have no idea.. :confused: :confused:

http://jbm67.fotopic.net/p22903351.html - I don't have a reason either but it gets people talking!:D

http://jbm67.fotopic.net/ - Pics from G-Mex Sat 23/12/06

Back
Top Bottom