Rockonteurs Podcast: Johnny Marr (Morrissey mentions - January 24, 2021)

Short excerpt from an upcoming podcast with Johnny Marr. Guy Pratt was briefly set to replace Andy on the 1986 US tour. He and Morrissey didn't get on though and Andy eventually got his visa.

"It's a romance when guys meet like that and fall in love with each other [...] and the love making is the music."

Last edited:

Full episode on YT:

Screenshot_20210125-065630~2.png

Other sites for the podcast:

Regards,
FWD.

:rolleyes:

Ms. a job as a waitress is in your future.;)
time to start jogging and losing weight:)
you know :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cant get a real job with the ridiculous
wig and scary tats.:girl:

I wish Morrissey would do podcasts like these. Proper interviews like he used to and be all charming and funny. If Johnny can do it, why can't he?

I wish Morrissey would do podcasts like these. Proper interviews like he used to and be all charming and funny. If Johnny can do it, why can't he?
Probably because Johnny's friends and colleagues tell him to shut the f#ck up when he talks shite, but Moz's paid lackeys tell him to post it on Moz Central. Years of ego massaging fills the head and squeezes the skull.

Because sadly, Morrissey has allowed that 'Mozzer charm' of old to be consumed by sheer blinding spite - towards journalists, record labels, politicians, anyone and everyone. Johnny Marr doesn't have that anger, he doesn't get his self-validation from the vinyl charts in Poland and it shows.

Last edited:
Because sadly, Morrissey has allowed that 'Mozzer charm' of old to be consumed by sheer spite - towards journalists, record labels, politicians, anyone and everyone. Johnny Marr doesn't have that anger, he doesn't get his self-validation from the vinyl charts in Poland and it shows.
poland, so much to answer for.

Nobody cares but the two :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: gits and a couple of mods.:blushing:
regular peeps have no interest in any Le :frogface: 'podcasts" FFS:blushing:

Interesting.

I liked especially the part where JM tells us about how he and Morrissey clicked music-wise when they first met. Enlightening. Lovely.

I've not listened, so maybe it comes up, but I wondered if Gary Kemp had seen this Johnny Marr quote: I can’t bear the thought of a Spandau Ballet-style comeback. What’s the point? Spandau are reforming, so they put on a big chicken-in-the-basket event, which is all they amounted to in the first place. Maybe someone should pay them £20 million not to reform.

I've not listened, so maybe it comes up, but I wondered if Gary Kemp had seen this Johnny Marr quote: I can’t bear the thought of a Spandau Ballet-style comeback. What’s the point? Spandau are reforming, so they put on a big chicken-in-the-basket event, which is all they amounted to in the first place. Maybe someone should pay them £20 million not to reform.

The quote doesn't come up. Gary is very enthusiastic and complimentary to Johnny, even remembers meeting him pre-Smiths when Johnny was a teenage DJ at a Manchester club.

Probably because Johnny's friends and colleagues tell him to shut the f#ck up when he talks shite, but Moz's paid lackeys tell him to post it on Moz Central. Years of ego massaging fills the head and squeezes the skull.
I don’t think Johnny needs people to tell him to zip it when he’s shit-talking. ...because he doesn’t have a history of shit-talking. He’s too busy working on music.

Wow, would love too see lnception with the Smiths songs Hans Zimmer had used!

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom