Morrissey Central "RW." (April 5, 2020)

Robbie should absolutely cover a Morrissey song, I reckon he'd do a great job on First Of The Gang! Also I seen an interview with Rick Astley recently and he said he'd love to do a gig of just Smiths songs...actually saw Rick in concert last year and on one of the songs he had the picture of him and Moz together as a backdrop (along with other images). The picture that was taken when they were on TOTP together and Moz used it on the re-release of Last Of The Famous International Playboys.

BY the way ,THE ONLY REASON , Moz put that picture of Rick and himself on the re release of TLOTFIP was to bitch slap to Bowie.
Bowie refused to let Moz use the picture of him and moz together. So AS A JOKE Moz put one with him Rick on- " Take that, you are no more important than this bit of fluff" .You didn't think Moz did it as he he is a fan of Rick did you? People really dont get Mozzers sense of fun.

Bowie once called Robbie " cruise ship entertainment " which is spot on .
My point is Moz at one point was way up there, true legend status. Not far from Bowie and Lennon status, in a way . He will be again, in the end.
Not at the moment though . People thinking its a good idea Robbie and Rick may cover his work, is a bit sad. I agree Moz is a fan to a wide range of people but its a bit of a come down, sorry if that makes me a music snob.
It's like Liam G once said " Robbie is alright , he's just shit" . To me pop stars like Robbie and Rick are crap. Bland peoples music.Thats not to say I dislike them as people.

Robbie has spent the last 20 years trying to copy, Morrissey . Stealing lines from songs, copying photo poses and so on, even now getting plastic surgery- when Moz said he thought some of Robbies pictures were good, he probably meant the ones trying to be like him, as a joke.
From what I can make out , there is no real understanding of Morrissey there . Robbie just wants to be like him, to have his cred.Like he tried with Oasis and Queen.

I took your post as a starting off point, I was saying I wouldn't be surprised , if at some point in the future Morrissey has to rely on opening for acts like Robbie, in the UK.
I also wouldn't be surprised if Bobby (short for Robert) ...is about Robbie, drug issue etc , due to running from his gayness.
Not attacking you or anyone else. Just spouting off , as like most of the work Im stuck in.

By the way , on reflection, I dont think Robbie looks like Morrissey at all .Rob looks like a cross between Elton John and Grant Mitchell

I think he's too old to bother being an opening act, he'd probably go for interesting smaller venues, or maybe in a miracle of miracles play ball a tiny bit with the media & increase his audience.

Bowie once called Robbie " cruise ship entertainment " which is spot on .
My point is Moz at one point was way up there, true legend status. Not far from Bowie and Lennon status, in a way . He will be again, in the end.
Not at the moment though . People thinking its a good idea Robbie and Rick may cover his work, is a bit sad. I agree Moz is a fan to a wide range of people but its a bit of a come down, sorry if that makes me a music snob.
It's like Liam G once said " Robbie is alright , he's just shit" . To me pop stars like Robbie and Rick are crap. Bland peoples music.Thats not to say I dislike them as people.

Robbie has spent the last 20 years trying to copy, Morrissey . Stealing lines from songs, copying photo poses and so on, even now getting plastic surgery- when Moz said he thought some of Robbies pictures were good, he probably meant the ones trying to be like him, as a joke.
From what I can make out , there is no real understanding of Morrissey there . Robbie just wants to be like him, to have his cred.Like he tried with Oasis and Queen.

I took your post as a starting off point, I was saying I wouldn't be surprised , if at some point in the future Morrissey has to rely on opening for acts like Robbie, in the UK.
I also wouldn't be surprised if Bobby (short for Robert) ...is about Robbie, drug issue etc , due to running from his gayness.
Not attacking you or anyone else. Just spouting off , as like most of the work Im stuck in.

By the way , on reflection, I dont think Robbie looks like Morrissey at all .Rob looks like a cross between Elton John and Grant Mitchell
Well we'll have to leave it there because I don't agree with anything you've said in that post. There is no point in having a debate really as based on what you say there won't be middle ground. You're obviously a fan though so keep following Moz because no matter who else is out there, he is the best.

I think he's too old to bother being an opening act, he'd probably go for interesting smaller venues, or maybe in a miracle of miracles play ball a tiny bit with the media & increase his audience.

You think?
I don't mean a whole tour. I mean a one off . Say a label said " look mate, you ain't selling many units but if you do this with____ then we will market and release a few lp's for you"
Say Robbie spoke to a label for him, for although shit, he can at least sell HUGE venues, shifts thousands of units and has some power in the boardroom .
Robbie would get the cred he so wants and be able to say " look Morrissey is with me" and Moz would get his records out. Think when moz got cliff to support him in NY (not that it happened), a switch of that for the UK.

At one point I would have said , no way would would Moz ever do it. Hes much better than that.
These days though, Im sorry to say , he seems very needy and, almost , desperate .
He wants us to think he doesn't care but its so f***ing obvious he does.
Again, he is already having messages from a tribute act on his official website, which looks stupid.

I don't think he would do it but , im saying I wouldn't be surprised.

Well we'll have to leave it there because I don't agree with anything you've said in that post. There is no point in having a debate really as based on what you say there won't be middle ground. You're obviously a fan though so keep following Moz because no matter who else is out there, he is the best.

What do you mean you dont agree with "anything" as some of the things I said were facts.

Yeah Alma Matters is a fantastic song and would make my Moz top 10, I remember when it was released it was all over the radio with plenty airplay plus Moz and the band looked great on TOTP.....Moz with short haircut and dance that he invented specifically for Alma Matters AND Roy's Keen.
I adore Alma Matters. Made for me.

You think?
I don't mean a whole tour. I mean a one off . Say a label said " look mate, you ain't selling many units but if you do this with____ then we will market and release a few lp's for you"
Say Robbie spoke to a label for him, for although shit, he can at least sell HUGE venues, shifts thousands of units and has some power in the boardroom .
Robbie would get the cred he so wants and be able to say " look Morrissey is with me" and Moz would get his records out. Think when moz got cliff to support him in NY (not that it happened), a switch of that for the UK.

At one point I would have said , no way would would Moz ever do it. Hes much better than that.
These days though, Im sorry to say , he seems very needy and, almost , desperate .
He wants us to think he doesn't care but its so f***ing obvious he does.
Again, he is already having messages from a tribute act on his official website, which looks stupid.

I don't think he would do it but , im saying I wouldn't be surprised.

Anything's possible - I'm not seeing desperation though, just sulking & unprofessional social media. I think he'll stubbornly wait till time vindicates or mitigates him.

"No matter who else is out there, he is the best." Absolutely.

Yes, Rick Astley is a fine singer. And he could do Morrissey some justice with a cover of... well Alma Matters would suit Rick I think. Actually, that is a great, great song which arguably underperformed in the charts: perfect!
I really hated Rick back in the day , but just as his were drying up , I realised he was a decent singer, with a very good sense of humour.....example.... whilst in his dressing room, he would pop out with a black marker ......and where his name said Rick Ashley on the door, he would write next to his name........is shit...he done this with a female singer, ... can't remember if it was with Kim or Sonia....

J. JIM I have enjoyed reading your posts this evening, so thank you, you raise some points that I thought of years ago about Robbie.... firstly, like many others I always thought of him as gay, but not now , if he can overcome a huge drug problem, then in anyone's life that would be the hardest thing to ever overcone, rather than what to suck, lick or what hole to f***..... secondly the moz song , smiths , would be half a person, or still I'll, for Robbie to cover.... when Robbie was having all the top ten solo his early 2000s I could even then hear the comparison, to moz, that was down to his writers, but over all , moz ain't ever gonna open to any one, really, he'd rather sack it all off and do a Christmas special in China......

i have the impression that it is the "ridiculous people" who attach themselves to him, coz they want to feed from the breast of his stately public image that he has built up and maintained for decades, despite the criticism.
but how can one get rid of these clowns in a professional way without making them hate you for that?
It should not give place on its official site indifference kill man .
Besides there are so many interesting things to post ,they waste space , i even like to see photos more than those boring post.
MOZ= Get your batteries on!!!!!!

Anything's possible - I'm not seeing desperation though, just sulking & unprofessional social media. I think he'll stubbornly wait till time vindicates or mitigates him.

I said " almost desperate". The social media posts, relying on paid hands and words from a tribute act, to act as his defence. To me that looks desperate.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to post the words of a tribute act?
It just looks very bad- also, the chinese comment was just one of long line of remarks, to be honest most overlooked it . The Observer played their hand and mostly the fan base shrugged.
It was the For Britain , UKIP stuff that rampt everything up . So the post by Viva moz is moot.
So whoever posted it on Moz Central just made Moz look stupid for no reason.
Like the Robbie post to me its another example of a stupid post on M Central. It wasn't even really Robbie giving a tribute it was him doing a crappy impression , after someone suggested a record.
He also done Oasis etc , you dont see Liam or Noel bloody posting stuff.
Maybe its Sam , Sam is like a Robbie type person isn't he.

I still think Moz is great , however its gonna take awhile for him to make up lost ground- sales wise. I just hope he still releases music . I only care about sales in as much as its a factor in him releasing more music .

I have nothing against Robbie and Rick , as people . I just think there are bigger and better fish to fry .

Some one correct me if I'm wrong, according to Autobiography, didn't moz say that Robbie had posed a couple of notes through the moz letter box saying, let's do something together!!........... sounds like the moz letter box wasn't open to Robbie as he's not the official bag carrier...... another song for our Robbie to cover..... dear God please help me..... the list could be endless....

Some one correct me if I'm wrong, according to Autobiography, didn't moz say that Robbie had posed a couple of notes through the moz letter box saying, let's do something together!!........... sounds like the moz letter box wasn't open to Robbie as he's not the official bag carrier...... another song for our Robbie to cover..... dear God please help me..... the list could be endless....

Yes morrisseys reply was something like "I couldnt read the handwriting" and " I didnt know where to reply"
Moz talk for "f*** off, im not doing the brits with you"

Robbie pretty much confirmed he posted a letter and there was no reply, then a decade later he decided to tell the press Moz agreed to the duet and then backed out .
On this occasion, I believe Morrisseys story. As Robbie confirmed Mozzers story before changing it years later.
In fact even in Robbies retelling its still clear Moz was never gonna do it .

As a person I quite like Rob and Rick , as singers. Im just not intereste. As pop stars , Im not interested. They have nothing to say, its like listeing to salesmen for phone4u

J. JIM I have enjoyed reading your posts this evening, so thank you, you raise some points that I thought of years ago about Robbie.... firstly, like many others I always thought of him as gay, but not now , if he can overcome a huge drug problem, then in anyone's life that would be the hardest thing to ever overcone, rather than what to suck, lick or what hole to f***..... secondly the moz song , smiths , would be half a person, or still I'll, for Robbie to cover.... when Robbie was having all the top ten solo his early 2000s I could even then hear the comparison, to moz, that was down to his writers, but over all , moz ain't ever gonna open to any one, really, he'd rather sack it all off and do a Christmas special in China......

Baz, thank you .
It was well known that rob was being guided in the Moz direction . They had tried Oasis , it worked in the UK , they tried Queen to break America, it didnt work . They tried George Michael , that didnt work . Finally they thought " lets do the moz thing, hes got a good enough audience there"
At this point they tired selling robbie , rather than robbie williams, single name like "morrissey". They had Robbie try and a pose like thim etc, they tried to set rob up as the "depressed romantic " , they tried the lot . It didnt work at all . However, somewhere along the lines Robbie seemed to become obsessed with Moz.
Oddly in terms of build and colouring , when moz hit 50s and robbie hit 40s , they did kind of start to look alike , kind of Maybe it was this that got Robbie down the plastic doctors in B Hills asking them to make him look like moz. That hasnt worked either, rather than look like Ross Kemp and Freddie Star , he now looks like Ross kemp, Freddie star and Elton John .

0_The-X-Factor-Photocall.jpg

Didnt Robbie have to change his name in the USA , because of robin Williams, RIP... also like many other stars with the quiff, have they all been to the belgrravia (spelling desirable) centre..... wish I had the 4kin money.... but, but I would get the chin done as well, this is my only simalatry to the Rob..... I can quite honestly say I like the man, always have done really, I love the way he respects and copied his dad, that's where he got it from, a true profomer, in his own right

Didnt Robbie have to change his name in the USA , because of robin Williams, RIP... also like many other stars with the quiff, have they all been to the belgrravia (spelling desirable) centre..... wish I had the 4kin money.... but, but I would get the chin done as well, this is my only simalatry to the Rob..... I can quite honestly say I like the man, always have done really, I love the way he respects and copied his dad, that's where he got it from, a true profomer, in his own right

I agree, I like him too, as a person . Im just talking about as a pop star , I have no interest .
This is the trouble if you list your whys of why you dislike a pop star , it can seem mean and "hater" like.
I don't know him, from what I hear, he's a "nice guy" but you know my pub landlord is a nice guy, doesn't mean I'd rate him as a pop star .
The pop star thing is very pretend, as you know. its all made up. So let's put it like this, Robbie doesn't make art, he makes a pop product . Morrissey makes art ,well he used to anyway .
These days there isnt a million miles from what Morrissey does and what gary barlow and robbie does.
However the difference is in the voice. There is a truth in Morrissey's voice. There is zero truth in Robbies .

I actually think some morrissey fans have forgot just how good morrissey used to be and what he was about- not talking about you baz, now where is my brush?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom