Scummiest Part of your town/city

Or your least favourite/most disliked in any case.

Anglia Square in Norwich ("the town within a town") is...not very nice.

2005_0205norwic_feb_05_mag_st0098.JPG

A quote about it from the 'Worst Things' section on knowhere.co.uk:

"Anglia Square. Or Anglia Scare as it is known locally. Can;t believe it has not been mentioned already! Late 60's / early 70's "Town within a city" (unfortunately that town is an uglier Stevenage)hideousness. Where many of the great unwashed shop / pilfer. Fortunately, this huge, half derelict area is due to be pulled down. Unfortunately it's been postponed due to the economic issues now (Sep '08). Agree with not asking for directions in Norwich. Reply usually starts with "Well, I wouldn't start here if I wos you...""

:lbf:

Remember Greyfriars in Ipswich won an Ugliest Building in Britain contest, before they tried to smarten it up..

The South Side, of course.

Really. And the West Side and parts of the North side..can't go east, too Lake side :p I lived in Uptown for a few years when it was pretty scary to walk around. With a baby, no less -but I just kept to myself, got to the train & where I needed to be with just being aware... I gave money to a lot of homeless people along the way (they know to find me at a Dunkin Donuts ;). Uptown is still shady with Salvation Armys, soup kitchens, run-down businesses, etc. -and the Alderman has long been against gentrification, but that didn't stop Borders from going up recently and a Target now under construction. That just seems to be life. It's sad that it's driven the residents elsewhere (tho where to, who knows) but it really needed some TLC. It still has its pockets, but I'm okay with there being a mix of good & bad -it's a fairly safe neighborhood considering.

The Aragon is in Uptown. Totally ghetto. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
18th, 19th, 20th. But I'm just being racist.

There's this park called Brenchley near my old school which was a chav/emo hangout and surrounded by hedge so you had to walk in to see in. Some stupid child set the bandstand on fire with deodorant and a lighter and the council vowed to improve the area...it hasn't worked

The neighborhood where the house I want to buy is. :(

one time I fell asleep on the shitty bus route I take a lot, the mother effin 19 :mad:
and I ended up @
heronsheadparksign800.jpg

Hunters Point :eek: dont do this :cool:
I mean, even though it was very late, I survived cuz well, I've got that "crazy whiteboy vibe" :crazy:
but god, did it take forever to get a cab home!
also, the harder to avoid area of SF to avoid is
hanging%20out%20by%20the%20crackhouse.jpg

the Tenderloin :sick:
its just sad more than dangerous really :o

"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets." -
Travis Blickle (Robert De Niro, Taxi Driver)

Flood_Truro1.jpg

It came!.. Scum is gone. Just a humdrum town left behind.

2901073890045576944bEDCuU_ph.jpg

Or your least favourite/most disliked in any case.

Anglia Square in Norwich ("the town within a town") is...not very nice.

2005_0205norwic_feb_05_mag_st0098.JPG

A quote about it from the 'Worst Things' section on knowhere.co.uk:

"Anglia Square. Or Anglia Scare as it is known locally. Can;t believe it has not been mentioned already! Late 60's / early 70's "Town within a city" (unfortunately that town is an uglier Stevenage)hideousness. Where many of the great unwashed shop / pilfer. Fortunately, this huge, half derelict area is due to be pulled down. Unfortunately it's been postponed due to the economic issues now (Sep '08). Agree with not asking for directions in Norwich. Reply usually starts with "Well, I wouldn't start here if I wos you...""

:lbf:

Its good for Cash Converting lol

Last edited:
The "tree streets" neighborhood... elm, pine, palm, et cetera

In my town if you live on a street named after a tree your life is an epic fail. Cops are always at resident's houses/apartments for domestic violence calls and drug busts.

The "tree streets" neighborhood... elm, pine, palm, et cetera

In my town if you live on a street named after a tree your life is an epic fail. Cops are always at resident's houses/apartments for domestic violence calls and drug busts.

Funny, the tree streets here, Elm, Cedar, Maple, Oak, Chestnut are in the Gold Coast area -considered the City's wealthiest neighborhood. Epic fail of other proportions.

I think I live in the worst part. THe rich people live in The Foothills. I live on the same block as a large park...full of dead people. :p

Tags
bardstown road
Back
Top Bottom