Morrissey Central & SER YT: "If Saturday Ever Comes" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 29, 2021)

full

Regards,
FWD.

Media item:

Last edited:
on those ‘hear am I’ ‘for you’ parts, yeah.

Maybe it’s just his delivery or tempo, but it somehow makes me think of ‘All the Lazy Dykes’, but not as good.
Given the reference to the death of a soldier, it was evocative of I Bury the Living for me. I’d definitely favour it over that song, as part of the LP.

Given the reference to the death of a soldier, it was evocative of I Bury the Living for me. I’d definitely favour it over that song, as part of the LP.

I don’t know, I like the odd changes in Bury.

Last edited:
This isn't a lost classic and it sounds about 50% complete, but I can't say that I dislike it. There is some potential there and it could have been superior to some tracks that made it onto albums.

Not his best work, but at least its no On The Streets I Ran/Children in Pieces etc...
It does sound more like something around the LIHS era as someone pointed out ... I think its the super disconnected lyrics from one part of the song to the next. LIHS has that a lot where its like he's trying to fit 2-3 completely different songs into one.

That’s very much Morrissey as he is now. Voice technically great but conveying absolutely nothing, and the “look aren’t I clever?” rhyme of “urn’ and ‘turn” that has those of us who remember when Morrissey was a great lyricist wincing.

and the “look aren’t I clever?” rhyme of “urn’ and ‘turn” that has those of us who remember when Morrissey was a great lyricist wincing.

then I guess I’m not one of those that ‘remember when Morrissey was a great lyricist’.

Si si!!!FUAAY.!!!It's an unedited topic,I really like it a lot!!!
That's a 10/10. When Morrissey Central is worth it and shines, this time nephew and uncle shining!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Moz!!! I'm not angry anymore.
Although sometimes I don't like some publications in Central, listening to Moz's music, knowing about him and his photos excites me. When it gets like this it can !!! I can't say no!! , as the song that Johnny dedicated to Moz says!!!
Mozulisss!! Sos lo mas!! Ya no estoy enojadaa!!!!!

?

3A6B0B7E-9056-466D-AD25-BCF6210D8CDC.jpeg

He & Bulletti were in a band at one point and his home studio is in CA.
He was around for Mando's band in 2020 - so there's a contact point...

But....
Andrea Bulletti is credited on The Secret Of Music.
Should have checked the full credits sooner.
Edit: likely to be a Bonfire outtake given Bulletti's comments on YT.
That said, Bulletti and Mando have worked together a long while prior:

Regards,
FWD.

good vocal,could be a grower after a few more listens,has a very 60s feel to it.how many more lost demos are there out there,just shows the list we have seen for years of all the unreleased songs isnt accurate.

Bulleti ! and Mando : that says all in the atrocious quality of the composition

Wow, what a wonderful find this is, thanks SER. Love the rawness & the whole plodding pace of it, the multiple guitar styles (particularly the ska-esque echo stuff), & the vocals. To me, sounds like Dykes in certain places too. The outro guitar work is superb. The final few seconds really do have a 'Bond' flavour. Give it a wipe & polish with the duster & get it released please.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom