Speaking of conspiracies...

The Seeker of Good Songs

...what about old Jesus?

Did Jesus, the prophet of Nazareth, rise from the dead?

If not, what was all the hubbub in Jerusalem?

Or is it all just fiction?

Why did a anti-Christian rabbi, who had Christians killed, who turned against everything culturally and religiously he believed in, become a follower and advocate of the Christianity he so hated?

...what about old Jesus?

Why did a anti-Christian rabbi, who had Christians killed, who turned against everything culturally and religiously he believed in, become a follower and advocate of the Christianity he so hated?

Jesus, the king of kings of hide and seek.

...what about old Jesus?

For some reason everything I have ever been educated within tells me that I should not believe in such a story, however I do believe that the events depicted in the resurrection actually occurred. I do believe that the bible is fallible and not to be taken literally as it was written by man, however I do believe that Jesus of Nazzareth did rise from the dead and was the son of God.

Even if I am totally wrong if one follows his direct teaching to always be kind and living and gentle towards one's neighbor then it is still a good message and makes the world a better place.

You are getting me a decent time seeker where I will spill some of the beans if you will.

For some reason everything I have ever been educated within tells me that I should not believe in such a story, however I do believe that the events depicted in the resurrection actually occurred. I do believe that the bible is fallible and not to be taken literally as it was written by man, however I do believe that Jesus of Nazzareth did rise from the dead and was the son of God.

:doh:

Sorry dude. But I do not take the bible as exact. I may be leaning towards the right but I know enough that there exists too many texts in the Vaticans archives that are not publicized to make me want to adhere towards bible teachings 100%.

Gays want to marry - knock yourselves out.

Priests want to marry - knock yourselves out.

Women want to be priests - knock yourselves out.

I know enough of church history to know that at around 500 AD none of this nonsense would have mattered.

I do believe that Jesus of Nazzareth did rise from the dead and was the son of God.

If humans have been around for around 200,000 years,why did your god wait about 198,000 years to introduce his boy?:confused:

If humans have been around for around 200,000 years,why did your god wait about 198,000 years to introduce his boy?:confused:

No idea. But as I said... if I am wrong. If I am totally wrong... then treating others as you would like to be treated is not a bad way to go.

I think that the notion of God gets a bad rap simply because mankind keeps f***ing up the message and making that message indigestible towards the masses.

treating others as you would like to be treated is not a bad way to go.

Yes,agree there,that was pretty revolutionary.
However,there is no god.
:crazy:
But,what is interesting to me is that some poor carpenter's son from the middle east became one of the most famous people ever.

Yes,agree there,that was pretty revolutionary.
However,there is no god.
:crazy:
But,what is interesting to me is that some poor carpenter's son from the middle east became one of the most famous people ever.

I would like to believe that there is a God. I may be wrong and for that if I am wrong then there is no backlash. I must admit that I no longer go to church, neither weekly, Easter or Christmas. However, I would like to believe that being somewhat open minded towards the overall message would make things a better place to party at.

...what about old Jesus?

You're really proselytising today Seeker :p

To be fair Ready-Wit, I do think a lot of progressive Christians believe the same as Buzzetta in at least some respect. It would take a very blind, unquestioning and non-analytical person to follow the Biblical line on creation, particularly.

Gays want to marry - knock yourselves out.
Priests want to marry - knock yourselves out.
Women want to be priests - knock yourselves out.

Agreed :)

To be fair Ready-Wit, I do think a lot of progressive Christians believe the same as Buzzetta in at least some respect. It would take a very blind, unquestioning and non-analytical person to follow the Biblical line on creation, particularly.

:doh:

As I sit here and get ready to meet the family for Easter Sunday let me explain.

Yes I am what you would label a moderate conservative. I disagree with quite a few actions my current President is taking. However that does not make me a bible thumping religious zealot believing in creationism.

I have no problems stating what I believe but I will do it once a thread and not argue about them with others that do not share the same opinion.

My religious beliefs:

• Universe was created in several "God" days which were not 24 hr periods but over the course of billions of years.
  • In the original Christian / Catholic church Priests were allowed to marry and Women could serve as Priests. I would have no problem if that were to occur again.
  • I do not believe that being gay is a sin against God.
  • I do believe that Jesus was the son of God and did rise.
  • I do believe that there is a heaven.
  • I am not going to yell at you or attack you for anyone that does not believe in the religious things I do. That is not my place nor my role. All I can say is one day, hopefully not in a very long time, we will see who was correct.

As I sit here and get ready to meet the family for Easter Sunday let me explain.

Yes I am what you would label a moderate conservative. I disagree with quite a few actions my current President is taking. However that does not make me a bible thumping religious zealot believing in creationism.

I have no problems stating what I believe but I will do it once a thread and not argue about them with others that do not share the same opinion.

My religious beliefs:

• Universe was created in several "God" days which were not 24 hr periods but over the course of billions of years.
  • In the original Christian / Catholic church Priests were allowed to marry and Women could serve as Priests. I would have no problem if that were to occur again.
  • I do not believe that being gay is a sin against God.
  • I do believe that Jesus was the son of God and did rise.
  • I do believe that there is a heaven.
  • I am not going to yell at you or attack you for anyone that does not believe in the religious things I do. That is not my place nor my role. All I can say is one day, hopefully not in a very long time, we will see who was correct.

I agree 100%. Except the bold part was and still is only in the Eastern church.

And not too many people understand your first point, so :clap:.

:rolleyes: Ready-Wit would you care to contribute anything more than the 'doh' smiley? You've just typed that in response to me saying the Biblical line on creation is questionable:

I agree 100%. Except the bold part was and still is only in the Eastern church.

And not too many people understand your first point, so :clap:.

^ and then agreed with Buzzetta's interpretation about the world being created in 'God' days, which is my personal belief also. I never said that I believed God didn't create the world.

Jesus was a very common name back then so it is possible that he is an amalgamation of men.

I do believe Jesus the man existed and that he was very clever and wise.I do not believe he was the Son of God or that he could perform miracles.

I've read the Bible may times and some of it's teachings are sound but I am an atheist.

I do believe in the Robert Powell Jesus though.:rolleyes: He was damn convincing. Way better than that geezer from Holby City.

[*]In the original Christian / Catholic church Priests were allowed to marry and Women could serve as Priests. I would have no problem if that were to occur again.
[*]I do not believe that being gay is a sin against God.

They're both late 20th century concepts.

You're really proselytising today Seeker :p

How much would I hate someone who I see drowning in a pool and I with the rubber ring in my hand turn and walk away not aiding the person?

How hateful would I be if I see a child about to run into a busy street to chase a ball and not intervene and stop the child?

How much hate would I have for someone if I have the cure for their cancer but yet not give it to them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JHS8adO3hM

Last edited by a moderator:
...My religious beliefs:

If I may refer you to something:

http://www.geraldschroeder.com/age.html

a summary:
"...[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]Today, we look at time going backward. We see 15 billion years. Looking forward from when the universe is very small - billions of times smaller - the Torah says six days. In truth, they both may be correct. What's exciting about the last few years in cosmology is we now have quantified the data to know the relationship of the "view of time" from the beginning, relative to the "view of time" today. It's not science fiction any longer. Any one of a dozen physics text books all bring the same number. The general relationship between time near the beginning and time today is a million million. That's a 1 with 12 zeros after it. So when a view from the beginning looking forward says "I'm sending you a pulse every second," would we see it every second? No. We'd see it every million million seconds. Because that's the stretching effect of the expansion of the universe. [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica,Arial]The Torah doesn't say every second, does it? It says Six Days. How would we see those six days? If the Torah says we're sending information for six days, would we receive that information as six days? No. We would receive that information as six million million days. Because the Torah's perspective is from the beginning looking forward. Six million million days is a very interesting number. What would that be in years? Divide by 365 and it comes out to be 16 billion years. Essentially the estimate of the age of the universe. Not a bad guess for 3000 years ago.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]The way these two figures match up is extraordinary. I'm not speaking as a theologian; I'm making a scientific claim. I didn't pull these numbers out of hat. That's why I led up to the explanation very slowly, so you can follow it step-by-step. Now we can go one step further. Let's look at the development of time, day-by-day, based on the expansion factor. Every time the universe doubles, the perception of time is cut in half. Now when the universe was small, it was doubling very rapidly. But as the universe gets bigger, the doubling time gets exponentially longer. This rate of expansion is quoted in "The Principles of Physical Cosmology," a textbook that is used literally around the world.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial](In case you want to know, this exponential rate of expansion has a specific number averaged at 10 to the 12th power. That is in fact the temperature of quark confinement, when matter freezes out of the energy: 10.9 times 10 to the 12th power Kelvin degrees divided by (or the ratio to) the temperature of the universe today, 2.73 degrees. That's the initial ratio which changes exponentially as the universe expands.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]The calculations come out to be as follows: [/FONT]

• [FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]
    [*]The first of the Biblical days lasted 24 hours, viewed from the "beginning of time perspective." But the duration from our perspective was 8 billion years.
    [*] The second day, from the Bible's perspective lasted 24 hours. From our perspective it lasted half of the previous day, 4 billion years.
    [*] The third day also lasted half of the previous day, 2 billion years.
    [*] The fourth day - one billion years.
    [*] The fifth day - one-half billion years.
    [*] The sixth day - one-quarter billion years.
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]When you add up the Six Days, you get the age of the universe at 15 and 3/4 billion years. The same as modern cosmology. Is it by chance? [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]But there's more. The Bible goes out on a limb and tells you what happened on each of those days. Now you can take cosmology, paleontology, archaeology, and look at the history of the world, and see whether or not they match up day-by-day. And I'll give you a hint. They match up close enough to send chills up your spine..."[/FONT]

Tags
bible creationism god insanity jesus religion universe
Back
Top Bottom