Strange/unexpected Moz references?

It's the emotion that matters to him. He'd be a different kind of artist if he was trying to look immaculate at all times.
To be fair, for a long time he did look immaculate at all times and it certainly was very important to him. He would even show up to breakfast perfectly styled during recording sessions.
But that was 25 years ago.

It's his body, just let him be.

You're absolutely right. It is nasty.

On an unrelated note, can you remember who said this...

"...although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off"

??
We've been over this before. 🥱

I'm going to repeat myself and say that I agree it's a nasty comment. Not sure why that would make it acceptable to say similar things about Morrissey.

To be fair, for a long time he did look immaculate at all times and it certainly was very important to him. He would even show up to breakfast perfectly styled during recording sessions.
But that was 25 years ago.

It's his body, just let him be.

I meant on stage - apart from the occasional panic about his hair, I've not seen much evidence that he's the type that will hold back in case the look is ruined.

I meant on stage - apart from the occasional panic about his hair, I've not seen much evidence that he's the type that will hold back in case the look is ruined.
No, he certainly wouldn't. But that's part of his "look" too in a way...

You're absolutely right. It is nasty.

On an unrelated note, can you remember who said this...

"...although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off"

??

that's a scathing joke designed to highlight that if she was treated the way a seal is treated she might be in for an even more cruel & protracted death.

Not the kindest thing to say - but also not the same as endlessly sitting about mocking someone's body for no other reason than obsessive hatred.

Wait...who said a similar thing about Morrissey? I agree with you body-shaming is not right. Point these people out to me.
We've had this discussion before. You know exactly what I mean, I'm not in the mood for childish games.
Keep downvoting my posts if it makes you happy 😘

We've had this discussion before. You know exactly what I mean, I'm not in the mood for childish games.
Keep downvoting my posts if it makes you happy 😘
No - go on - who said those things? I want to know who these nasty people are. Surely you can find them? You wouldn't be inventing them or attributing false quotes to people who never said such nasty, nasty things, would you? Or perhaps because you're 'not in the mood', you have the right to allege stuff that's untrue then walk away? Fair enough. We know your policy.

that's a scathing joke designed to highlight that if she was treated the way a seal is treated she might be in for an even more cruel & protracted death.

Not the kindest thing to say - but also not the same as endlessly sitting about mocking someone's body for no other reason than obsessive hatred.
exactly. clever clogs.

but spot on.

From Ramones to Patti Smith: 15 songs that influenced Morrissey​

From faroutmagazine.co.uk:

This selection of 15 songs from Morrissey has arrived from 2003 and was first crafted by the Mancunian legend as part of a project called ‘Under the Influence’, an effort which saw artists pick the music which influenced them most.

All The Lyndon Dykes was magnificent for Scotland tonight, helping the country qualify for a Finals tournament for the first time in 22 years, an edge of the seat game that finished 1:1 after extra time and Scotland won 5:4 on penalties! England v Scotland next Summer.

Via the KAE website - see the Google translation below the video.

"November 13, 2020

THE DUTCH VERSION OF MEAT IS MURDER ON THE RADIO !!

A radio producer who is willing to stick his neck out for playing alternative real-life music in his radio program and who does not shy away from confrontation is almost impossible to imagine in the Netherlands as a music country. That is why I thank Kees Visser, music lover pur sang, icon in national radio country, from the bottom of my heart for playing my single De Confrontatie tonight, the Dutch adaptation of Meat Is Murder by The Smiths from 1985. It is a more than honorable gesture, because he is currently the first and only radio producer to work his way on the front line against all kinds of animal suffering worldwide with music.

I would also like to thank his loyal listeners, who have helped make this possible!

“Animal welfare is not represented in Dutch songs. “Meat Is Murder” is the song that is not played in (inter) national radio land and I don't understand why that is. It is a missed opportunity, because this anthem can help to close all slaughterhouses. ”

May this be the turning point!"

Regards,
FWD.

F2462ABB-A9D8-44FF-AA5E-2842DBD51B65.jpeg

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom