The Primitives recording first new music since 1991, hope to release ‘pretty soonish’

The Seeker of Good Songs

primitives_picnik.jpg

After initially cautioning that their reunion solely was about “nostalgia,” the members of U.K. indie-pop act The Primitives have hit the studio to record their first new music since 1991’s Galore, telling fans “hopefully there’ll be a new Primitives release pretty soonish.”
In a post this week on the band’s Facebook page, guitarist Paul Court writes that the Primitives have “been in the studio recently having fun with vintage fuzz and marimba.” He adds: “A couple of brand-new songs have been recorded: a cute little heart melter called ‘Never Kill a Secret’ — imagine the Carpenters gatecrashing the Banana Album — and ‘Rattle My Cage’ — a fuzzified girlpop stomper.”
The news is a pleasant surprise for fans, especially since Court, in an interview with Spinner.com earlier this year, warned that the Primitives’ reactivation was all about “nostalgia” and was “not a full-scale reunion,” adding, “In regard to original material, we’ve not really thought about that yet.”
The Primitives reunited last fall to perform their first concerts in 17 years before mounting a full U.K. tour in April and a smattering of European festival dates this summer. Along the way, they played a single U.S. show in May, but have hinted they may return stateside this fall. The band currently has a pair of September dates set in London and Spain (see below).
See the Primitives’ tour dates after the jump…

The Primitives tour dates:
Sept. 4: Lemon Pop Festival, Murcia, Spain
Sept. 18: Institute of Contemporary Arts, London, UK

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2010/08/06/primitives-reunion-new-music

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: The Primitives recording first new music since 1991, hope to release ‘pretty soon

Never knew they'd reformed.

I think their bassist died a few years ago.

Re: The Primitives recording first new music since 1991, hope to release ‘pretty soon

great news - many thanks for posting, Mr Seeker.
I went to one of their shows earlier in the year and it was fantastic.
Summer Rain and Empathise are two of my own, all-time, personal favourite songs (of all time).
And Crash ain't bad either!

Back
Top Bottom