Morrissey Central THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY' (November 25, 2020)

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

Related items:

Related articles (first link contains the quote cited by Central):

The artwork for the scrapped re-issues is frightening. Maladjusted Moz on the Refusal cover 😳

Is that supposed to be a Live at Wembley 2020 LP (with a picture from the Leeds show on the cover 🙄)?
Oooh, look at me. I know that picture is Leeds and not Wembley. Bet you weren’t at either, though. Time you got off that armchair, love. Your arse is imprinted on our.

:)

MOZ ON POINT! AGAIN!:)
the stupid label only want that scratchy hollering.:blushing:

Oooh, look at me. I know that picture is Leeds and not Wembley. Bet you weren’t at either, though. Time you got off that armchair, love. Your arse is imprinted on our.
Oh, "Janice", you're back. How we've missed your valuable input.

BMG doesn't want diversity. It wants to rep artists that respect diversity. morrissey's bigoted comments just don't fit in.

Hartwig Masuch quote article & a few links to articles about him that explain changes within BMG added to the OP.
FWD.

Morrissey falls out with his record label, and they part on bad terms? This must surely be unique in his career - who could possibly have seen this coming? :unsure:

The video says “his fans want another album”
Come on eh, I’m the most ardent moz fan on here, but for Christ’s sake we’ve just had 3 albums in three years.....
i think we are all entitled to a break at some point..... ain’t we ???

Me too but I fear it might be a rant against BMG and how the world is against him.
I, me, us need a moz rant right now, could make trump look sane . 😳😳
BMG is over, job done by all ... we all move on , to the next tour . I presume moz would never do social distancing at all , so I predict that he won’t do a gig , unless it’s a small one, as we know he would never agree to such restrictions... so it could be a while.... VIVA BOBBY ROBSON.....

I see he's started referring to himself in the third person. That's never a good omen.

Agree. A sure sign that he's hanging on to the real world by the thinnest of threads at this point. The whole quote seems like something Dodwell would have written, but...attributed to him? It's just bizarre.

Agree. A sure sign that he's hanging on to the real world by the thinnest of threads at this point. The whole quote seems like something Dodwell would have written, but...attributed to him? It's just bizarre.
Yes, possibly although she's mixed up her first and third persons if she did write it. Whatever, the media outlets who pick this up will probably report this as 'Morrissey condemns diversity.' That's not a good look for someone in need of a new record contract.

In before people, certainly Uncles, drop in to complain about something they could very easily remove from their lives if they just stopped following Morrissey and Morrissey-related news.
Spot on. A truly empty life they lead

Whiney little bitch, ain't he?

Why doesn't he spend his own money to get records out, in exactly the kind of non-diverse way he likes? He could do things just exactly the way he wants to do. So why doesn't he?

Oh, that's right, he won't spend his own money.

I told you all last year that when it hits him in the wallet he's going to start whining.

I was, and still am, right. Nothing matters for Morrissey except money. Nothing.

You've all been played.

P.S Who would have thought that being a right-wing asshole doesnt sell? La Dodwell says his fans will still buy the product. Then go ahead, spend money, and see what happens. He won't do that. It's his own money.
Here he is. Boring as ever with little or no life but to troll a musician's fan site. Feel sorry for him. Bless.

I am tired. I need to rest. I can't deal with central's posts anymore. Don't tell me, he is the same who he ever was. Things were more subtle then....not now. :-(

At this point, I'm also willing to wager that Sam Esty Rayner and Fiona Dodwell have done more to damage Morrissey's once-flawless aesthetic than Morrissey himself.

I'd personally say the mainstream media and haters online are far more damaging than the two people who publicly support mozza

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom