The Smiths: My Story – An Evening with Mike Joyce (Wolverhampton, July 28, 2017)

The Smiths: My Story – An Evening with Mike Joyce - Light House

40275_Mike-Joyce-Event-Web.jpg

A rare chance to hear the story of Mike Joyce, drummer of legendary band The Smiths, on his first visit to Light House.

After the audience event with Mike live in cinema one, we will have an after show party featuring Mike as a guest DJ, with local comedian / Smiths DJ Andrew McBurney.

Event Timings
Lock Works bar open all day pre-event.

8.30 – 9.30pm
Mike Joyce – his story, live in Cinema One.

9.30pm – late
After show party featuring DJ spot from Mike Joyce plus Andrew McBurney’s Smiths Disco

Late bar in Lock Works.

Do you have a question for Mike? Submit it to [email protected] and we’ll send the best through to him.

We can’t wait to welcome Mike and a legion of fans to Light House.

PLACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED so early booking is advised.

Tickets are £20 and available on the blue link to our online booking system on the right, or by calling 01902 716 055 between 9am and 9pm. If the link is not showing, just give us a call.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll pass. Don't need anything else for sleep.

And it wouldn't be a problem anyway for me if you make yourself look like an aesthetically formed attractive tit.
Nothing wrong with that!
Or am I too gross now?
Then kill me.

How did he wreck The Smiths?
This is all alleged.
Instead of reading financial documents or bring them to an attorney, like what a normal person would do before signing anything, he didn't and threw the papers in a drawer, Sues years later.
According to Morrissey he attempted to put a lien on his Mom's house. I think this was passed off that his attorney's did this and he had no knowledge.
According to Johnny Marr, Mike Joyce then when after him for Morrissey's share. Which I think he said he paid.

Wherever one comes down on the Morrissey/Joyce question, some facts are not in dispute. Morrissey writes a book and it is a bestseller. He does a signing and people camp out to get in line. He releases a record and people listen. He performs and people buy tickets. Joyce has an event in Wolverhampton with a high school yearbook style publicity photo and graphics from 1998. It would appear that Joyce is incapable of being embarrassed.

Wherever one comes down on the Morrissey/Joyce question, some facts are not in dispute. Morrissey writes a book and it is a bestseller. He does a signing and people camp out to get in line. He releases a record and people listen. He performs and people buy tickets. Joyce has an event in Wolverhampton with a high school yearbook style publicity photo and graphics from 1998. It would appear that Joyce is incapable of being embarrassed.

Oh do f*** off, you ball-washing acolyte. The Smiths were the best band that ever were. Now shut up and put your partisanship in a box.

l1eloSJ.jpg

Oh do f*** off, you ball-washing acolyte. The Smiths were the best band that ever were. Now shut up and put your partisanship in a box.

l1eloSJ.jpg

Goodness, difficult to quibble when the writer has such a brilliant way with words. With that said, if you'll allow me, I'll point out that I didn't say anything about the indisputable greatness of The Smiths did I? But you go ahead and kick the shit out of that straw man if it pleases you, you bootlicking Joycehugger. Hey! That's kind of fun! I see why someone like you would go there first.

Still happening? I thought it was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales.

btw, did anyone submit any questions?

l1eloSJ.jpg

'The Smiths were the best band that ever were.'

I see you've put a check next to 'the good old days'

This is all alleged.
Instead of reading financial documents or bring them to an attorney, like what a normal person would do before signing anything, he didn't and threw the papers in a drawer, Sues years later.
According to Morrissey he attempted to put a lien on his Mom's house. I think this was passed off that his attorney's did this and he had no knowledge.
According to Johnny Marr, Mike Joyce then when after him for Morrissey's share. Which I think he said he paid.
There were no financial documents / he didn't sign anything. Otherwise M&M would have had copies / hard evidence to produce at court..... wouldn't they?

As for putting a lien on his mum's house, again wrong. He put one in for properties Morrissey owned - Morrissey being one step ahead put the houses into the names of his mum and his sister. As a result of that move, Mike (or his legal team) couldn't go after the properties. So he never went after his mum's house.

As for putting a lien on his mum's house, again wrong. He put one in for properties Morrissey owned - Morrissey being one step ahead put the houses into the names of his mum and his sister. As a result of that move, Mike (or his legal team) couldn't go after the properties. So he never went after his mum's house.

Did you even read your last paragraph? He put "one" in for "properties" Morrissey owned? Could you kindly produce the documentation that indicates that Morrissey ever owned the houses owned by his mother and sister? What, the dastardly financial genius Morrissey quit claimed the houses over one afternoon? Such things leave a paper trail that an attorney could locate in 10 minutes. So let's see it, otherwise you are just making things up.

Did you even read your last paragraph? He put "one" in for "properties" Morrissey owned? Could you kindly produce the documentation that indicates that Morrissey ever owned the houses owned by his mother and sister? What, the dastardly financial genius Morrissey quit claimed the houses over one afternoon? Such things leave a paper trail that an attorney could locate in 10 minutes. So let's see it, otherwise you are just making things up.

You think his mum and sister bought nice houses in Bowden on their own earnings?

You think his mum and sister bought nice houses in Bowden on their own earnings?

Or, to put it a different way, you are indeed making things up. How do I know how they bought their houses? Can you prove they didn't? Can you prove Morrissey transferred title on 2 separate properties without leaving any kind of paper trail?

His mum was a librarian (may even have been retired by then). You cant buy a house in Bowden on a librarian's salary. You couldn't 20 years ago and you can't now.

As long as Morrissey was not using the buying / transferring of the houses as some sort of tax avoidance scam then he is within the law to gift them.
Anyone can legally ''gift'' anyone a property and sign legal papers stating that x person now owns the house. And then x legally owns the house. When I divorced, I let the ex have the house and I simply signed my half of the house over to the ex. Simple as. It was then wholly in her name and nothing whatsoever to do with me anymore. I was liable for nothing connected to the house financially or physically (ie repairs etc) and I was not able to use the house as collateral for any further purposes.

There would indeed have been a paper trail - for Morrissey's benefit - to prove he no longer owned the property - to prevent Mike's legal team taking any action against the property. Unless Morrissey could prove he no longer owned the properties, they could have / would have taken action against the properties. They weren't going to sit there and say ''Oh Morrissey said he gave it to his mum, so lets pack up and go, it's all over...'' Morrissey (or his legal team) would have disclosed documents showing he no longer owned the properties.

It's the same when famous people go bankrupt - but the house and expensive cars are in the wife's name and can't be taken by the baliffs or creditors - and the famous person has to provide documents showing whose name they are in to prevent the house / cars from being repossessed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom