The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
The BBC6 thing was the start, he was playing songs from LIHS and it was going really well and then for whatever reason he blurted out the UKIP shit, the audience went completely silent (you can see it on you tube) and it made me realise how removed he was from a high proportion of his fan base. Btw, I don't post hateful stuff and I don't hate him, I just dislike his views nowadays.

I think you were really unkind on one thread where you called him a fat slug or something, let himself go etc. etc. despite him being 60 & all that...he doesn't live an athletic lifestyle, he's a music industry icon...what you said seemed like hateful stuff to me.

The BBC6 thing was the start, he was playing songs from LIHS and it was going really well and then for whatever reason he blurted out the UKIP shit, the audience went completely silent (you can see it on you tube) and it made me realise how removed he was from a high proportion of his fan base. Btw, I don't post hateful stuff and I don't hate him, I just dislike his views nowadays.
Morrissey drops the bomb! (Again).

I've just watched it...Christ, what a shit crowd... that must have been difficult for Moz to play to...I've seen more responsive corpses at the morgue.

So at c.20 mins in, he mentions that UKIP reference & AMW & vote rigging, yet despite this no-one appears to leave the gig, which goes on for a further 35 mins. Then moves onto a great version of Ganglords...subtle.

Either these people didn't understand what he meant, were asleep, or just didn't give a shit about what he'd said.

Surely if they'd have felt any outrage, the outraged ones would have left the gig? But seems they didn't.

I think you were really unkind on one thread where you called him a fat slug or something, let himself go etc. etc. despite him being 60 & all that...he doesn't live an athletic lifestyle, he's a music industry icon...what you said seemed like hateful stuff to me.

Yes I did say that but that was a one off to wind up the dicks who claim Johnny Marr is in a hospice.

Yes I did say that but that was a one off to wind up the dicks who claim Johnny Marr is in a hospice.

Lol, yep, ok surface...you did get trolled, deservedly so, quite a few times though. I'll forgive you; you're not so bad after all, & thanks for the honesty.

I've just watched it...Christ, what a shit crowd... that must have been difficult for Moz to play to...I've seen more responsive corpses at the morgue.

So at c.20 mins in, he mentions that UKIP reference & AMW & vote rigging, yet despite this no-one appears to leave the gig, which goes on for a further 35 mins. Then moves onto a great version of Ganglords...subtle.

Either these people didn't understand what he meant, were asleep, or just didn't give a shit about what he'd said.

Surely if they'd have felt any outrage, the outraged ones would have left the gig? But seems they didn't.

Yes no one left at that point, why would they, maybe they thought it was a throwaway comment. He then had a successful tour of the UK ( I went to the Birmingham gig) but then he started to talk about For Britain along with Tommy Robinson - so that was the end for me although I did have tickets for Castlefield Bowl as my daughter wanted to see him but as we now know the damage was done, ticket sales were abysmal and he cancelled the gigs.

Yes no one left at that point, why would they, maybe they thought it was a throwaway comment. He then had a successful tour of the UK ( I went to the Birmingham gig) but then he started to talk about For Britain along with Tommy Robinson - so that was the end for me although I did have tickets for Castlefield Bowl as my daughter wanted to see him but as we now know the damage was done, ticket sales were abysmal and he cancelled the gigs.

Fair enough, although I do agree with much of what Moz says, I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, & there are things that he really should just keep to himself.
I don't let any of it spoil my love & admiration of him & his music; life's just too short.

Fair enough, although I do agree with much of what Moz says, I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, & there are things that he really should just keep to himself.
I don't let any of it spoil my love & admiration of him & his music; life's just too short.

It hasn't spoilt my admiration of his music although on WP and LIHS i only liked a couple of tracks on each rather than the majority of tracks on previous albums, however I had no interest at all in the covers album.

On the racism front, I have never said he is racist but I do think he says things for effect which tends to be out of touch with how a lot of his fan base feels in the UK.

It hasn't spoilt my admiration of his music although on WP and LIHS i only liked a couple of tracks on each rather than the majority of tracks on previous albums, however I had no interest at all in the covers album.

On the racism front, I have never said he is racist but I do think he says things for effect which tends to be out of touch with how a lot of his fan base feels in the UK.

I struggled with those 2 albums, I'll be equally honest. I force fed them on repeat to myself (sad but true), & then got to love them tbh & realised what great albums they actually are. I've done this with a few of his albums when I've struggled to enjoy them at 1st/2nd hearing.

Both LIHS & WP are political, which never really attracts my ears, but they made me listen to what was being said & I could see what he was saying about certain things. I've not dedicated any time really to the covers album; I just thought of it as a Moz-musing album.

On the racism stuff, I really do not believe Moz is racist, I just can't see that, & I find it frustrating that people do consider him racist; I've looked, then looked again, and read quite a bit of what he's actually said....then measured this against what defines a racist, & what sort of things they promote & stand for...then applied my own common sense. Moz is clearly not a racist, to my mind.

I think the people who consider him racist, such as one particular bloke on here who seems totally & abnormally obsessed, are really unable to work things out for themselves, which probably tells us all a lot about them. Maybe they have a fixed view, are too political themselves, & just don't want to see the truth for whatever reason. It's not too dissimilar to some people who have voted Labour for years and years, & they always will. You'll never get them to change their minds.

I'd agree that Moz does say things for effect. I think it's part of his strategy...I don't necessarily think it's a good strategy, but dropping the occasional bomb is what he does, as someone else pointed out..

I generally agree with you. But he is racist, eh? You don’t join For Britain because you want equality.

I generally agree with you. But he is racist, eh? You don’t join For Britain because you want equality.

I hear you but I think he says things for effect as he thinks that’s what his fan base wants to hear, his problem is he he so far removed from reality, he has no idea what his fan base (UK) thinks anymore.

I do agree though that all the shit flying around is of his own doing.

I'm not sure he joined FB at all...I think he supports their views on animal rights, but that's about as far as it goes, from what I've gleaned.

I hear you but I think he says things for effect as he thinks that’s what his fan base wants to hear, his problem is he he so far removed from reality, he has no idea what his fan base (UK) thinks anymore.

I do agree though that all the shit flying around is of his own doing.

Skinny dont be brainless. You and your aliases troll 24/7 because you claim that Moz does NOT say what his fanbase wants to hear.
You and your fake fellow skinnies have never troubled Moz and his mind. Moz laughs at you Johnny Le Pew lovers.

Skinny dont be a dork, you ve made the most hateful POSTS-many not one-to be read on this forum. Accusing decent posters of numerous vile actions. SHAME ON YOU SKINNY.

Skinny you ve never said that Moz was racist?
Do you take the readers to be blind? This has to be the most ridiculous thing ever posted here.

I hear you but I think he says things for effect as he thinks that’s what his fan base wants to hear...

I don't think any of his comments are related to what he thinks his fan base wants to hear.
I think he's more strategic than that.
He's poking a beast, but not sure exactly who that beast is...the press, political classes, certain parts of society, the establishment....?

They confirmed that he joined. That’s why he’s got a members badge.
I'm sick to death of this horseshit about him joining them for their animal rights views. He could have joined the Lib Dems or Greens. But he didn't. He chose the far right lot. Wonder what possible reason he could have had for that?

I'm sick to death of this horseshit about him joining them for their animal rights views. He could have joined the Lib Dems or Greens. But he didn't. He chose the far right lot. Wonder what possible reason he could have had for that?

Now Ive read it all , Skinny Surface has never called Moz racist, and Skinny Skinny now wants to tell Moz how to vote , all from the confines of his council house. Its like having a bankrupt unemployed twat pontificating financial advice.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom