The straw that broke the camel's back?

Bluebirds

On 6music earlier reporting the comments that Johnny Marr made, Radcliffe and Macconie speculated about a rumour that the reason why Morrissey and Marr's partnership never recovered was Moz wanted to listen to Herman Hermits while Johnny wanted to listen to Sly and The Family Stone on the tour bus.

Never heard this before and and I can't get the image of Moz and Marr bickering over the coach tape player. Anyone else heard this rumour before?

On 6music earlier reporting the comments that Johnny Marr made, Radcliffe and Macconie speculated about a rumour that the reason why Morrissey and Marr's partnership never recovered was Moz wanted to listen to Herman Hermits while Johnny wanted to listen to Sly and The Family Stone on the tour bus.

Never heard this before and and I can't get the image of Moz and Marr bickering over the coach tape player. Anyone else heard this rumour before?

It's not a rumor.

ha! sounds as if they were a proper couple back in The Smiths days :D

It's not a rumor.

I am aware that there were "musical differences" in the future sound and trajectory of the band, but never that there was a specific incident.

That's happened to me before multiple times. Sets you and the other person in a bad mood. They want to listen to something you hate, and you want to listen to something else and they don't want to.

That's happened to me before multiple times. Sets you and the other person in a bad mood. They want to listen to something you hate, and you want to listen to something else and they don't want to.

Its like me working nightshifts and having to endure The Batchelor and Big f***ing Brother whilst Later With Jools Holland is on with Laura Marling and Little Roy.
This was after seeing Autumnwatch where I was informed Michaela Strachan was on my colleague's recent North Sea cruise talking abuot her life and career. Mrs Alan Partridge anyone? (Buy the book by the way, the Alan Partridge one, really funny)

And then I was informed that Kate Humble the old presenter is now working on a new BBC TV programme.

I can more than empathise with Johnny's situation!

Back
Top Bottom