There Is A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Cult Of Morrissey by Lauren Duca of The Huffingto

Re: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Cult Of Morrissey. By Lauren Duca of The Huffington Post

Oh i'm so happy for you Ada kisses and hugs. And for you Roberto. Devastated that i did not make it. But so happy for you Ada :) lovely girl.

And you lauren, i see you soon, real soon :rofl:

Few questions asked of moz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roberto Ferdenzi posted the link:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Cult Of Morrissey - Huffington Post
by Lauren Duca

Excerpt:

"I don't think I'm outspoken at all," he wrote to The Huffington Post in an email. "I'm just one of the people, and this is what we think. If your views threaten any form of establishment interests, you are usually ignored or silenced or said to be 'ranting.' I have never ranted in my life."

Is that sarcasm? A genuine feeling that he has actually never ranted? It's hard to read cues via email. It's hard to read Morrissey in general. How you read into almost any of his statements, all of his lyrics and, most recently, his poetically melodramatic "Autobiography," speaks to how you regard him as an entity. There's a level of understanding required of his fans, an adoring acceptance which appreciates rather than forgives his often ornery, enigmatic nature.

Related items:

Re: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Cult Of Morrissey. By Lauren Duca of The Huffington Post

"I don't think I'm outspoken at all," he wrote to The Huffington Post in an email. "I'm just one of the people, and this is what we think. If your views threaten any form of establishment interests, you are usually ignored or silenced or said to be 'ranting.' I have never ranted in my life."

Wow, that's actually a pretty good article. I wasn't really expecting much from the Huffington Post, but I am pleasantly surprised.

Are the snipets the whole interview? I thought it would be a bit longer :(

That said, I loved "I couldn't imagine looking after a child. The child would end up feeding me." :D

"That 90 minutes on stage has always saved my life," he wrote, when asked what truly makes him happy, "To open the lungs and to fully release everything. No $500-per-hour therapy can equal it, and, as far as my limited knowledge goes, it is better than sex."

Couldn't care less about the fan comments, but I LOVE this:

"The true artists in music were who they were because there wasn't a point in their day when they became something else," Morrissey wrote to HuffPost. "You fully marry your craft or your ambition, and, if it works, then there's nothing else in life worth being or doing. Your songs are your offspring."

"People who schedule their writing and refer to it as 'work' amuse me, because they imply that it does not come naturally. So, what do they do it for ... money?," he added. "If you are a natural writer, you should be able to write in the eye of a tornado, and you should write not in order to present to others, but just to do it for your private self."

Couldn't care less about the fan comments, but I LOVE this:

"The true artists in music were who they were because there wasn't a point in their day when they became something else," Morrissey wrote to HuffPost. "You fully marry your craft or your ambition, and, if it works, then there's nothing else in life worth being or doing. Your songs are your offspring."

"People who schedule their writing and refer to it as 'work' amuse me, because they imply that it does not come naturally. So, what do they do it for ... money?," he added. "If you are a natural writer, you should be able to write in the eye of a tornado, and you should write not in order to present to others, but just to do it for your private self."

I remember listening to a podcast featuring Nick Cave and I was surprised that he schedules writing section. His songs and lyrics are great but I found it odd. It seems too much like an actual job.

Oh i'm so happy for you Ada kisses and hugs. And for you Roberto. Devastated that i did not make it. But so happy for you Ada :) lovely girl.

Thank you, Tynamuna! I'm overwhelmed, spechless...

This is exactly my sentiment. How many questions did she ask? Three?

SomeDizzyWhore ‏@sumdizzywhore
I was hoping for a bit more from a Morrissey interview with the Huff Po.
A few lines here and there. He must have said more?

Wow, that's actually a pretty good article. I wasn't really expecting much from the Huffington Post, but I am pleasantly surprised.

Indeed. Very nice one! Good job from the huffington post journalist. :)

More bullshit which only re-affirms the decision to trash Morrissey publicly with the release of #VegAnarchyInTheUK on 9/11 next year. He is both lying to himself and to the world:

"As per usual, the vegan anthem "Meat Is Murder" was set to slaughterhouse footage. The stream of sheep squirming in their own blood shook the crowd. One middle-aged woman broke down in tears. She was still shaking in the arms of her girlfriend, mascara streaming down her cheeks long after the encore was over.If such a stunt was executed by any other artist, it might seem as though he was trying to get attention."

This Crank-Fraud has NOT come out as Vegan, or as Queer, nor as Atheist. He is a total charade, a tapestry of evasions and devious, truculent unreliable lies. Once again, the doomed Morrissey attempts to re-write his history and erase the Cheesy Panini and Kerrygold in Croatia crimes against animals. He is a liar when he says:

""I also enjoy tea with milk -- never cow's milk, of course, but I still have the irritating habit of referring to oat and rice drinks as milk," he added. "It's annoying, I know, but nobody's perfect."

Liar! Liar! Pants on fire! What the f*** does he think Dubliner Kerrygold cheese is made with? Rice milk? In failing to publicly confess his #CrimesAgainstCows he has sentenced himself to Reputational Extinction. Trust me, when The Annointed One let's rip, both Lydon and Morrissey are toast. I have heard #VegAnarchyInTheUK and the 'Satanic Verses' denouncing Morrissey and Rotten are hard to bear, but a neccessary purgation after their careers in bullshit, cheesy lies and butter adverts. f*** those clowns. It's time to get real. f*** Punk rock.

And if Stephen Patrick Morrissey wants to challenge any of this then the little prat can sue, just like the hissy fit, prissy bitch tossers in the House Of Common Bores and Lord Frauds who he now increasingly resembles. Banning DavidT, trying to censor debate on this site, the man is a Reactionary Clown, but not a Klovn. He is Nonsense On Stilts and he is going to have those stilts sawn from under him and will have to stand on his feet with his Achilles Heel of 33 years of refusal to confess his Cheesy crimes against Cows. You know who I am, Morrissey. So do you, Lydon. What, exactly, are either of you going to do about it? Nothing... You will shut your mouths like the prison bitches you now are. Any and all attempts at legal action against #VegAnarchyInTheUK will be published in full on this site. And, trust me, Morrissey, you do not want to mess with The Ghost Of Brummie Boy. I'd have a look at Peaky Blinders, mt8, before you try anything on with the B10 BCFC King Of The Zulus. And don't even think of sending wankers like Wozzer, Noel Gallagher or Russell Brand to plead for clemency: it isn't going to happen. You seem to wish to be publicly shamed, that is being arranged. f*** you Morrissey, you are a total fraud and so was everything about Punk, other than Patti Smith's 'Horses'.

best
The Ghost Of BrummieBoy in KBN waiting for a plane

ps: Of course his 'fans' are a cult. There's no point in even discussing that again. Case closed.

More bullshit which only re-affirms the decision to trash Morrissey publicly with the release of #VegAnarchyInTheUK on 9/11 next year. He is both lying to himself and to the world:

"As per usual, the vegan anthem "Meat Is Murder" was set to slaughterhouse footage. The stream of sheep squirming in their own blood shook the crowd. One middle-aged woman broke down in tears. She was still shaking in the arms of her girlfriend, mascara streaming down her cheeks long after the encore was over.If such a stunt was executed by any other artist, it might seem as though he was trying to get attention."

This Crank-Fraud has NOT come out as Vegan, or as Queer, nor as Atheist. He is a total charade, a tapestry of evasions and devious, truculent unreliable lies. Once again, the doomed Morrissey attempts to re-write his history and erase the Cheesy Panini and Kerrygold in Croatia crimes against animals. He is a liar when he says:

""I also enjoy tea with milk -- never cow's milk, of course, but I still have the irritating habit of referring to oat and rice drinks as milk," he added. "It's annoying, I know, but nobody's perfect."

Liar! Liar! Pants on fire! What the f*** does he think Dubliner Kerrygold cheese is made with? Rice milk? In failing to publicly confess his #CrimesAgainstCows he has sentenced himself to Reputational Extinction. Trust me, when The Annointed One let's rip, both Lydon and Morrissey are toast. I have heard #VegAnarchyInTheUK and the 'Satanic Verses' denouncing Morrissey and Rotten are hard to bear, but a neccessary purgation after their careers in bullshit, cheesy lies and butter adverts. f*** those clowns. It's time to get real. f*** Punk rock.

And if Stephen Patrick Morrissey wants to challenge any of this then the little prat can sue, just like the hissy fit, prissy bitch tossers in the House Of Common Bores and Lord Frauds who he now increasingly resembles. Banning DavidT, trying to censor debate on this site, the man is a Reactionary Clown, but not a Klovn. He is Nonsense On Stilts and he is going to have those stilts sawn from under him and will have to stand on his feet with his Achilles Heel of 33 years of refusal to confess his Cheesy crimes against Cows. You know who I am, Morrissey. So do you, Lydon. What, exactly, are either of you going to do about it? Nothing... You will shut your mouths like the prison bitches you now are. Any and all attempts at legal action against #VegAnarchyInTheUK will be published in full on this site. And, trust me, Morrissey, you do not want to mess with The Ghost Of Brummie Boy. I'd have a look at Peaky Blinders, mt8, before you try anything on with the B10 BCFC King Of The Zulus. And don't even think of sending wankers like Wozzer, Noel Gallagher or Russell Brand to plead for clemency: it isn't going to happen. You seem to wish to be publicly shamed, that is being arranged. f*** you Morrissey, you are a total fraud and so was everything about Punk, other than Patti Smith's 'Horses'.

best
The Ghost Of BrummieBoy in KBN waiting for a plane

ps: Of course his 'fans' are a cult. There's no point in even discussing that again. Case closed.

Boring as ever Handy

That "12 year old"qoute seems very familiar. Has he said it before

Fairly good article considering the fact Moz wrote approx. 4 sentences for it. Then again maybe they edited him out. Still, seems like it would have benefited from more Moz quotes in it. I always think the same thing when I read magazine interviews with Moz (e.g. Mojo) where they meet him a couple of times for a couple hours each session, and they come out with a paragraph or two of verbatim and couch it out in stuff everyone knows already. I'm not complaining. Its just an observation and I've always wondered if those interviewers are inept. If I interviewed anyone for hours I'd have a ton of quotable material.
p.s. I know the Huffington Post interview was handled via e-mail.

Fairly good article considering the fact Moz wrote approx. 4 sentences for it. Then again maybe they edited him out. Still, seems like it would have benefited from more Moz quotes in it. I always think the same thing when I read magazine interviews with Moz (e.g. Mojo) where they meet him a couple of times for a couple hours each session, and they come out with a paragraph or two of verbatim and couch it out in stuff everyone knows already. I'm not complaining. Its just an observation and I've always wondered if those interviewers are inept. If I interviewed anyone for hours I'd have a ton of quotable material.
p.s. I know the Huffington Post interview was handled via e-mail.

Maybe someone on social media should ask her if she didn't use all his replies in the finished article. Just sayin'.

What? He's a 56 year old man. He knows about sex.

Jesus christ read the article insted of picking a fight with me. Morrissey joked that he had a limited knowledge of sex and i found it funny and joked back.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom