These Charming Men Take a Bow In The Button Factory, Dublin, 27 Dec '09

Here's a chance to dance off the holiday excesses and catch a great gig in Dublin's trendy Temple Bar area on Sunday 27th December. These Charming Men, the best Smiths/Morrissey tribute band in the world, are back at the Button Factory! -

http://ww2.buttonfactory.ie/cal.php...f781a63c8c6e8038a9fd50de45ce4&time=2009-12-27

Now I'm getting annoyed. I'm in London that day. It would be so easy to hop on Bryanair and leg it over. Dammit. Time for some UK dates?

Peter

I'll probably come in; harder so far to persuade others this time. By then, it'll look like the perfect breather. On for Brogans' again beforehand? :)

Hello Dear Charmers!

Caroline/Fergus thanks for mentioning the gig and look forward to seeing you on the 27th :)

I'm busying at the moment giving the setlist an overhaul....

Peter I agree a UK visit is long overdue, perhaps you would like to be our UK agent?? :thumb:

:guitar:

Hello Dear Charmers!

Caroline/Fergus thanks for mentioning the gig and look forward to seeing you on the 27th :)

Peter I agree a UK visit is long overdue, perhaps you would like to be our UK agent?? :thumb:

Looking forward to the gig even moreso now I that see there may be some surprises in the setlist. :)

Hello Dear Charmers!

Of course I'd like to, but I wouldn't know where to start...

Peter

Grrrr..... I so wanna be at this!

We will have to manage this feckin' Oirish band Peter! :guitar:

Hello Dear Charmers!

Oi Murph

This better not include ALMA MATTERS:D

Talk shortly

cossy

How about a Swordsong, such as Ganglord that's usually introduced by Paul McCloon as the great hit single that got away? At least there's no shortage of choice for a set-list selection. :)

BUMP.....

Mr and Mrs Cossy will see you guys and girls tomorrow night:thumb:

Last edited:
I can't make this evening's gig, however I am holding out for These Charming Men's return gig in Limerick on February 6th 2010. They play at Dolan's Warehouse.

Punky :)

Just in from tonights gig, which was brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Wonderful touch seeing young Darragh take to the stage, he was excellent; so talented! Well done to all, really looking forward to the next TCM show, which will make Moz's predicted live absence all that easier to bear in 2010. The new setlist that was mentioned in this thread was great, THE LOOP was a big a highlight for me.

Also, where did the singer get his blue sparkly shirt, coz I want one :D (only half joking...)

I would have stayed on if I had some 'eskimo blood in my veins' to better face the icey roads but yes, another excellent night's entertainment was had thanks to These Charming Men, and a wonderful chilled crowd having a ball. The stage invasions and flowers added to the atmosphere. I hadn't heard November... for a while, but the entire set-list rocked. :guitar:

My friend commented on the idea of Lee and musicians being avatar, in its strict definition of incarnation of a quality or of a divinity?! I saw Mr & Mrs cossy up near the front, I think, though didn't spot I am a Ghost; sorry not to chat. :)

Happy New Year! :thumb:

I would have stayed on if I had some 'eskimo blood in my veins' to better face the icey roads but yes, another excellent night's entertainment was had thanks to These Charming Men, and a wonderful chilled crowd having a ball. The stage invasions and flowers added to the atmosphere. I hadn't heard November... for a while, but the entire set-list rocked. :guitar:

My friend commented on the idea of Lee and musicians being avatar, in its strict definition of incarnation of a quality or of a divinity?! I saw Mr & Mrs cossy up near the front, I think, though didn't spot I am a Ghost; sorry not to chat. :)

Happy New Year! :thumb:

I didn't venture out as I'm feeling a little under the weather, but glad everyone had a good time. :)

Beidh seans eile againn ag an ceolchoirm seo chughainn. Happy New Year to you too. :thumb:

I saw Mr & Mrs cossy up near the front, I think, though didn't spot I am a Ghost; sorry not to chat. :)

Happy New Year! :thumb:[/QUOTE]

Hi goinghome

Sorry I missed you. Yes I was up there at the left of the stage mesmerised as usual. My wife couldnt make it so I dragged along my hungover brother who I think you met at the stadium also. The lads were in flying form. Gav is a genius on the guitar and he was loving it tonight and also he is very proud of Daragh who did a great job. Lee was in great voice and the band were their usual brilliant best

Mr Ghost I looked around but didnt see you. Hope you are feeling better soon mate. There is a bad dose going around.

Happy new year all. And thanks to these charming men for a great night:thumb:

cossy

Hi goinghome

Sorry I missed you. Yes I was up there at the left of the stage mesmerised as usual. My wife couldnt make it so I dragged along my hungover brother who I think you met at the stadium also. The lads were in flying form. Gav is a genius on the guitar and he was loving it tonight and also he is very proud of Daragh who did a great job. Lee was in great voice and the band were their usual brilliant best

Mr Ghost I looked around but didnt see you. Hope you are feeling better soon mate. There is a bad dose going around.

Happy new year all. And thanks to these charming men for a great night:thumb:

cossy

Hello Cossy,

I was so looking forward to going, but as you say, there is a bit of a dose going the rounds. Thanks for your good wishes. Sounds a great gig! HNY to you.

Hi cossy

Before I left, the genius kindly restrained me from making a disorientated debut through the stage door downstairs (I thought it was the exit!)

See you at the next one, and get well soon, I am a ghost. : )

Best. :)

Hi cossy

Before I left, the genius kindly restrained me from making a disorientated debut through the stage door downstairs (I thought it was the exit!)

See you at the next one, and get well soon, I am a ghost. : )

Best. :)

Cheers, GH. I think my cold is evaporating now like yesterday's ectoplasm. ;)

Back
Top Bottom