This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr
June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You do know you are playing with the devil himself, "Surface" is Skinny. When Skinny was in favor of Moz
"Surface" trolled those against Moz, as soon as Skinny went against Moz, "Surface" then immediately switched over and now trolls AGAINST Moz, he is a Skinny sock puppet. Masterfully put together, but Skinny nonetheless.

For what for a man to gain the whole world only to lose his soul to Skinny.

:squiffy::rock::crazy::straightface::rolleyes::confused::lbf::guitar::brows::paranoid: right?

Looks like I have rattled the Vegan trolls cage again, although he is right that I used to like Morrissey, however that was before he started spouting the shit that he does nowadays. (similar story to a lot of posters on here) Funny that he keeps saying i'm Skinny but when you are called out as a serial troll I suppose you will come out with even more bizarre shit than usual in an attempt to save face.

The funniest thing of all is that the majority of seasoned members know he has trolled the site under various guises for the last 2/3 years and have blocked him, so he spends all his time posting shit that hardly anyone sees.

By the way - still tickets available for all of Morrissey's UK gigs

Last edited:
Looks like I have rattled the Vegan trolls cage again, although he is right that I used to like Morrissey, however that was before he started spouting the shit that he does nowadays. (similar story to a lot of posters on here) Funny that he keeps saying i'm Skinny but when you are called out as a serial troll I suppose you will come out with even more bizarre shit than usual in an attempt to save face.

The funniest thing of all is that the majority of seasoned members know he has trolled the site under various guises for the last 2/3 years and have blocked him, so he spends all his time posting shit that hardly anyone sees.

By the way - still tickets available for all of Morrissey's UK gigs

Everyone here has liked Morrissey at some point, that's why we're all here. I spent the best part of 30 years making excuses for the f***er. He's just got to the point where I don't even bother to put his records on anymore. Shame really. Maybe at some point he'll put down the vodka and regain the ability to write a lyric and stop talking shit.

As for the forum idiot, you get the feeling that he is the kind of punter that Morrissey is hoping to attract, hence the empty venue as his new fanbase is mostly folks from Barnsley who will never leave Barnsley.

All you Tommy Robinson defenders, including Morrissey - here's that time he chatted up underage Muslim girls.

Ah he "chatted up" 2 birds online, in an open forum, not knowing they were 15(if they actually were). Suppose that's worst than being part of a paedophile gang ring, drugging and rapeing white, vulnerable girls across the north west and beyond in your eyes.

Sad times Peter, sad times.

I hope Moz says even more controversial things. To me it's what pop stars should be - edgy, outrageous, rebellious. In a way, the hysterical reaction separates the feeble from the strong... the boring from the interesting.

Presumably if someone told you they drugged and raped a child you would ask them what colour it was, and if it wasn't white you'd say "credit where credit's due mate, at least you didn't drug and rape a white one."
Why would a Muslim Grooming Gang rape a non-white girl? There'd be no racism to it. We're talking about the most fascist, right wing, stone-age-thinking breed of people on earth here. And they're right here in this country!

All you Tommy Robinson defenders, including Morrissey - here's that time he chatted up underage Muslim girls.

Studies show all men regardless of age will treat a young girl as a sex object once she begins to show. For men with daughters that part becomes difficult.

Everyone here has liked Morrissey at some point, that's why we're all here. I spent the best part of 30 years making excuses for the f***er. He's just got to the point where I don't even bother to put his records on anymore. Shame really. Maybe at some point he'll put down the vodka and regain the ability to write a lyric and stop talking shit.

As for the forum idiot, you get the feeling that he is the kind of punter that Morrissey is hoping to attract, hence the empty venue as his new fanbase is mostly folks from Barnsley who will never leave Barnsley.

WTF is wrong with you two cucks? Im talking to Samsa, not to you two Skinny Stepford wives:haircut:
There is no hope for either of you, if Skinny says JUMP you all meekly PM him HOW HIGH Boss?

I thought that neither of you READ my posts? Being VIs do you all even know what READING means:

Reading is a complex "cognitive process" of decoding symbols in order to construct or derive meaning(reading comprehension). Reading is a means of language acquisition, communication, and of sharing information and ideas.

Maybe you think reading is dancing the lambada.doh:

WTF is wrong with you two cucks? Im talking to Samsa, not to you two Skinny Stepford wives:haircut:
There is no hope for either of you, if Skinny says JUMP you all meekly PM him HOW HIGH Boss?

I thought that neither of you READ my posts? Being VIs do you all even know what READING means:

Reading is a complex "cognitive process" of decoding symbols in order to construct or derive meaning(reading comprehension). Reading is a means of language acquisition, communication, and of sharing information and ideas.

Maybe you think reading is dancing the lambada.doh:

:squiffy::horny::lbf::paranoid::crazy::confused: Innit.

Got to laugh at Vegan aka Biebs aka Ins Jaques etc. One minute I’m Skinny, then I work for Skinny, then I’m Benny, his brain has gone into overdrive now he has been called out as a serial troll.

It’s actually good fun watching him meltdown, making even more irrational posts, can imagine him in his bedroom, sweating and thinking about what he can say next.

Vegan doesn’t give shit about any of the topics on the forum and fits the
Wikipedia definition of a troll perfectly

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,

can this really be true? he just sings random lines as the band plays a song he has heard the first time? seems far-fetched.

I'm not even in the mood to discuss his bullshit politics anymore, so what really jumped out at me was this-

"We don't ever rehearse, or jam, or even discuss song directions. A studio is booked and we turn up. No one knows anything until the producer presses Record. It's an edginess that usually works. I haven't ever sat together with the band, just strumming through ideas. Even the actual key is unknown until the day of recording."

It shows. It really shows. And it has shown for over ten years. Edginess. Sure. Let's call it edginess.

can this really be true? he just sings random lines as the band plays a song he has heard the first time? seems far-fetched.
I doubt it's quite that haphazard, just as I doubt he lives entirely on bread and potatoes. Morrissey lies and exaggerates for effect whenever it suits, but I do suspect there's a grain of truth in the lack of a proper process, which would explain a lot.

He probably has a notebook full of stuff I would imagine. He doesn't strike me as a person who could improvise well. Unless we're talking about the last two albums. I could see songs like Kiss Me a Lot being pulled directly from the posterior on the fly.

I doubt it's quite that haphazard, just as I doubt he lives entirely on bread and potatoes. Morrissey lies and exaggerates for effect whenever it suits, but I do suspect there's a grain of truth in the lack of a proper process, which would explain a lot.
Everybody knows he subsists entirely on penis and hate.

He probably has a notebook full of stuff I would imagine. He doesn't strike me as a person who could improvise well. Unless we're talking about the last two albums. I could see songs like Kiss Me a Lot being pulled directly from the posterior on the fly.
Actually, it's more worrying if you consider that he might have thought Kiss Me A Lot worth writing down beforehand.

Actually, it's more worrying if you consider that he might have thought Kiss Me A Lot worth writing down beforehand.
Some day the original lyrics on the original toilet paper will appear on ebay. And Reelfountain will probably pay too much for them.

I went to an audience with Pete Shelley (Buzzcocks) on Sunday night and he was talking about this subject, he has loads of lyrics written and talked about how they might write some music tomorrow and the lyrics could be from 10 years ago. They were also selling books of all his lyrics to date on the night, which he signed for me.

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom