This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr
June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying a "Pete Shelly book of LYRICS" What in F?:rolleyes:
Only a troll would claim to buy such a thing.

And another thing, whats with the troll train today? G23, Pep and Skinny(Surface) all in a raw trolling
Moz?:straightface:

I went to an audience with Pete Shelley (Buzzcocks) on Sunday night and he was talking about this subject, he has loads of lyrics written and talked about how they might write some music tomorrow and the lyrics could be from 10 years ago. They were also selling books of all his lyrics to date on the night, which he signed for me.
I don't understand that one. If there's not an emotional immediacy, I imagine it can be tough forcing yourself to revisit old inspiration and feeling.

Buying a "Pete Shelly book of LYRICS" What in F?:rolleyes:
Only a troll would claim to buy such a thing.

And another thing, whats with the troll train today? G23, Pep and Skinny(Surface) all in a raw trolling
Moz?:straightface:
You should look into the buzzcocks. As in, you should buy a buzzing cock. They make them. It could occupy your hands and time better than your keyboard.

I don't understand that one. If there's not an emotional immediacy, I imagine it can be tough forcing yourself to revisit old inspiration and feeling.

I think he means, when he writes the lyrics theres a meaning behind them for him but at that point they may not have the music to fit what he's feeling, however later on he may hear something when their jamming and think oh, that would fit nicely with x. The song he was discussing was Homosapien (which he released solo) he wrote it in 1975 and released it in 1981.

I think he means, when he writes the lyrics theres a meaning behind them for him but at that point they may not have the music to fit what he's feeling, however later on he may hear something when their jamming and think oh, that would fit nicely with x. The song he was discussing was Homosapien (which he released solo) he wrote it in 1975 and released it in 1981.
I understand entirely. I'm projecting myself into the equation, obviously. For me, unless it's something that's universal as opposed to personal, when I revisit old writing I often don't recognize the person who wrote it, or it functions as a time capsule of sorts. What was odd to me when I was making music, is that I usually worked by writing music, vocalizing melody and patterns, and then writing lyrics to fit the song, not a song to fit the lyrics.

Mmm...I kind of I get it. I don't write songs but I write other stuff. It can be quite interesting to unearth old stuff: sometimes you think, 'God, that was shit, I can see why I didn't use it.' But sometimes the words can spark something new all over again. The bits that are any good will always endure.

Mind you, do we think Morrissey is applying this type of scrutiny? Or is he just turning up with his notebook and shoehorning in any old tosh with the right number of syllables?

Mmm...I kind of I get it. I don't write songs but I write other stuff. It can be quite interesting to unearth old stuff: sometimes you think, 'God, that was shit, I can see why I didn't use it.' But sometimes the words can spark something new all over again. The bits that are any good will always endure.

Mind you, do we think Morrissey is applying this type of scrutiny? Or is he just turning up with his notebook and shoehorning in any old tosh with the right number of syllables?
He doesn't even have the syllables. See the mind bending lyric "Hmm-hmm-mm-hm-hmmmmmm" from All the young people.

Edited: But he's probably saying some xenophobic anti-muslim shit with his mouth closed, given the context.

You should look into the buzzcocks. As in, you should buy a buzzing cock. They make them. It could occupy your hands and time better than your keyboard.

Pete Shelly got the market corner on that particular item. I never have seen so many Moz hating trolls all in a row like ducks.:hatchingchick::hatchingchick::hatchingchick:
How come you all dont start up a Moz-hatetrolltwat.com? Skinny could read aloud from his Pete Shelly 'buzzcock' book in between reading the Koran there.doh: That way TRUE Moz fans can enjoy life and prosper.:pray:
Listen the sucky :mask:James and take a nap to the National:sleeping:

I understand entirely. I'm projecting myself into the equation, obviously. For me, unless it's something that's universal as opposed to personal, when I revisit old writing I often don't recognize the person who wrote it, or it functions as a time capsule of sorts. What was odd to me when I was making music, is that I usually worked by writing music, vocalizing melody and patterns, and then writing lyrics to fit the song, not a song to fit the lyrics.

I think New Order do it the way you describe as well, don't suppose there's a set way? The other interesting thing he talked about was how people interpret some of his songs. eg someone told him they had Love You More as their wedding song and he was laughing as the last line of the song is "until the razor cuts"

I think New Order do it the way you describe as well, don't suppose there's a set way? The other interesting thing he talked about was how people interpret some of his songs. eg someone told him they had Love You More as their wedding song and he was laughing as the last line of the song is "until the razor cuts"
New Order are a prime example of why I'm not sold on the technique. (no pun intended)
I found that it led to simpler lyrics when I did it, and I don't think Barney could write anything truly profound if he tried. They have great music, ok vocals, and often really, really bad lyrics. Obviously he struck fire here and there, but if you look at his lyrics on paper, it shows that he's not the strongest lyricist. A lot can be forgiven if the music is that good though.

New Order are a prime example of why I'm not sold on the technique. (no pun intended)
I found that it led to simpler lyrics when I did it, and I don't think Barney could write anything truly profound if he tried. They have great music, ok vocals, and often really, really bad lyrics. Obviously he struck fire here and there, but if you look at his lyrics on paper, it shows that he's not the strongest lyricist. A lot can be forgiven if the music is that good though.

Agree on the New Order lyrics, I live near Barney and he would be the first to admit he's not a great lyric writer, the music though is something else!

Agree on the New Order lyrics, I live near Barney and he would be the first to admit he's not a great lyric writer, the music though is something else!
If I had to force him into lessons I'd choose dancing before writing any day! :lbf:
I mean, they have done their thing for 40 years, why mess with the formula?

Yes, drunk uncle springs to mind!
I'll admit that I purposely dance like that when I take my kid to concerts to embarrass her. So far it hasn't worked and she just joins in. Hell, I can't rip on his dancing too hard. If the music moves a person, I shouldn't care how it moves them. Life is short.

Pete Shelly got the market corner on that particular item. I never have seen so many Moz hating trolls all in a row like ducks.:hatchingchick::hatchingchick::hatchingchick:
How come you all dont start up a Moz-hatetrolltwat.com? Skinny could read aloud from his Pete Shelly 'buzzcock' book in between reading the Koran there.doh: That way TRUE Moz fans can enjoy life and prosper.:pray:
Listen the sucky :mask:James and take a nap to the National:sleeping:
True Moz fans? All 9 of you? (and dwindling)

The circus is doomed, and only one sad clown remains. And his act keeps getting worse by the month.
"It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, and that's why I do it, and I'm also a twat."
Isn't that how the lyrics go?

The circus is doomed, and only one sad clown remains. And his act keeps getting worse by the month.
"It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, and that's why I do it, and I'm also a twat."

There you have it a post by Vegan, which ticks all of the boxes in the description of a troll - funny thing is , we all know he is a troll, so he completely wasting his time. Think I will unblock him and post this under every single post he makes.

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,

There you have it a post by Vegan, which ticks all of the boxes in the description of a troll - funny thing is , we all know he is a troll, so he completely wasting his time. Think I will unblock him and post this under every single post he makes.

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,
He's just a little man with musical Stockholm syndrome. Trolls are effective.

He probably has a notebook full of stuff I would imagine. He doesn't strike me as a person who could improvise well. Unless we're talking about the last two albums. I could see songs like Kiss Me a Lot being pulled directly from the posterior on the fly.
Interestingly, I have just found this excerpt from List of the Lost on the new 'A Necessary review of Morrissey's Mind-Bendingly Bad Novel' thread.

‘The club valet, named Chesty Normous, was most forthcoming and handed Isaac a set of car keys, and the flashy Maserati swirled from kerbside and home to the cosy ecstasy of Isaac’s inner climate, where all of his dreams were perfectly legal …’

It seems some of his lyrics don't come from the top of his head or his notebook, but from the recycling bin :lbf:

Surface/Skinny Troll sowing discord here 24/7, he even was a Mod FFS!! A Moz forum with the ULTIMATE
MOZ HATE TROLL in charge?? Unreal.
Its all about Moz hating and sucky Moz hating bands, and I do mean sucky: Sparks:barf:
National:sleeping: James:censored: Buzzcocks:roundpushpin: Charlatans:mad: and :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

Please read what you trolls are:

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internetby starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, oroff-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,

Surface/Skinny Troll sowing discord here 24/7, he even was a Mod FFS!! A Moz forum with the ULTIMATE
MOZ HATE TROLL in charge?? Unreal.
Its all about Moz hating and sucky Moz hating bands, and I do mean sucky: Sparks:barf:
National:sleeping: James:censored: Buzzcocks:roundpushpin: Charlatans:mad: and :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

Please read what you trolls are:

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internetby starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, oroff-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,

Anyone here speak f***wit and is able to translate?

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom