TOS violation by mod?

Refer to David's post above Scanty, he just made it fairly clear. Mod's are free to say what they want, we as 'guests' are not. I guess there finally ends in that post David's grand whole 'this site will be totally free speech' experiment. Nice to see you back BTW ;)

Just say a prayer and thank the Lord for me not being a mod here.

It is pretty much 'free speech'. You're the one calling for more censorship.

David it's not free speech as you yourself just intimated it would 'unwise' to use a certain type of free speech against certain people on this site eg moderators, while it appears Moderators can use the same type of vernacular that I might be banned for against the 'guests'. That double standard proves that there is not free speech. Either we are both free to say the same thing or we're not.

Yeah, it wouldn't be smart to insult moderators / admins of a site at no cost to you. As most people understand, they are guests and act as such. Don't be this person:

View attachment 43311

That is me telling you "f*** you. Ban me." That is not me begging.
You made a claim. I asked for proof. You posted something that proves the exact opposite of what you claimed.
Thanks for posting the evidence that proves I was telling the truth.

It's a good thing you're not a lawyer.

Sorry, you're right, you were begging for an answer as to when you would be allowed to return to the site during the timeout but then shortly after got banned for something else.

That is me telling you "f*** you. Ban me." That is not me begging.
You made a claim. I asked for proof. You posted something that proves the exact opposite of what you claimed.
Thanks for posting the evidence that proves I was telling the truth.

It's a good thing you're not a lawyer.

David it's not free speech as you yourself just intimated it would 'unwise' to use a certain type of free speech against certain people on this site eg moderators, while it appears Moderators can use the same type of vernacular that I might be banned for against the 'guests'. That double standard proves that there is not free speech. Either we are both free to say the same thing or we're not.

The funny thing about "free speech" is that if you look in the archives David once, a few years ago, was in discussions for some sort of job with Morrissey's organization and wrote on the site that he was considering removing negative posts as part of this agreement.
I don't think he understands the conflict there. You know, I'm an advocate for free speech but if you pay me (I think the figure posted was $3,000 a month) then I might re-think.
But then anyone who would maintain a website for years dedicated to a person who won't allow him in the venue to witness a show evidently has his own unique type of logic.

David, honestly, thank you for these posts, for answering me finally.
I don't know if you're aware but it's sort of my hobby to offer unwanted yet very sound advice and my advice to you would be to just not respond. You were doing so well there and then you f***ed it all up.
Even if you were factually correct I don't think you could put together a solid argument but the fact that you're making claims that are completely and demonstrably false, and then providing the evidence yourself that you're lying, means that you're really not cut out for this whole thing of stringing words together to form a compelling point. :thumb:

Sorry, you're right, you were begging for an answer as to when you would be allowed to return to the site during the timeout but then shortly after got banned for something else.

again-2.gif

You have it wrong - I never agreed to removing anything from the site, but said I was open to listening to suggestions. Also no figures were ever discussed. The ex-manager trying to get back with Morrissey may have suggested these things but it was incorrect of Morrissey to repeat them in the interview as fact.

The funny thing about "free speech" is that if you look in the archives David once, a few years ago, was in discussions for some sort of job with Morrissey's organization and wrote on the site that he was considering removing negative posts as part of this agreement.
I don't think he understands the conflict there. You know, I'm an advocate for free speech but if you pay me (I think the figure posted was $3,000 a month) then I might re-think.
But then anyone who would maintain a website for years dedicated to a person who won't allow him in the venue to witness a show evidently has his own unique type of logic.

Really? What was the thing I got banned for?
I was asking respectfully for an answer to when I could post again. The fact you insist on calling it begging is kind of pathetic.
Did you beg to be allowed to go to a Morrissey show?
In the end, even if you could make me look like a troll, like I begged, or whatever, you are the person who runs a website dedicated to a person who bans you from their performances.
Can't really get more trolly than that! LOL
And you hide behind Skinny and let him bash Morrissey about every crime real and imagined because you're passive-aggressive.
So you keep on calling me a troll if it makes you feel better but those are the facts.

Yeah, it wouldn't be smart to insult moderators / admins of a site at no cost to you. As most people understand, they are guests and act as such.

Hmmm... I do not get why that Skinny lunatic is a moderator... and he certainly adores insulting people.
However, as to be fair, when he insults, he doesn't play his "I am a moderator" card... and even most of the posts which we have to click to view because they received too many "troll" ratings belong to him.

During my short stay here, I have been insulted by Skinny a few times and I replied accordingly. If I have to be fair, he has been obnoxious with me, but he never abused his moderator powers. nor he used his status of "moderator" to reply to my very justified insults against him, nor he threatened me with suggesting he can ban me... So that's somehow ethical, even if he's an ·%$·&·%·/$$&· and a lunatic.

WOW, I said something almost nice about that Skinny guy (I won't make that mistake again).

Ah! Make Ketamine a Mod too, it would be fun.

Hmmm... I do not get why that Skinny lunatic is a moderator... and he certainly adores insulting people.
However, as to be fair, when he insults, he doesn't play his "I am a moderator" card... and even most of the posts which we have to click to view because they received too many "troll" rating belong to him.

During my short stay here, I have been insulted by Skinny a few times and I replied accordingly. If I have to be fair, he has been obnoxious with me, but he never abused his moderator powers. nor he used his status of "moderator" to reply to my very justified insults against him, nor he threatened me with suggesting he can ban me... So that's somehow ethical, even if he's an ·%$·&·%·/$$&· and a lunatic.

WOW, I said something almost nice about that Skinny guy (I won't make that mistake again).

He doesn't need to play his 'mod card' because he already knows that if he gets into it with someone only one person will win. Secondly he may not have banned you but I personally witnessed countless times where he has been getting into it with someone and then he'll end banning them (sometimes if only temporarily) even if it has been BOTH sides slinging the insults. Stick around long enough and you'll see it for yourself. Dude is a bully, and not even a very good one at that.

However, as to be fair, when he insults, he doesn't play his "I am a moderator" card... and even most of the posts which we have to click to view because they received too many "troll" rating belong to him.

He promised to erase all my comments by the click of a button but it never happened. Not sure if he acted as a mod or a forum member on that occasion but as always I had earned his anger toward me.

Most take this place too seriously and it can become very personal at times. I am the last person who should have any opinion here.

He doesn't need to play his 'mod card' because he already knows that if he gets into it with someone only one person will win. Secondly he may not have banned you but I personally witnessed countless times where he has been getting into it with someone and then he'll end banning them (sometimes if only temporarily) even if it has been BOTH sides slinging the insults. Stick around long enough and you'll see it for yourself. Dude is a bully, and not even a very good one at that.

Rifke will only choose you if you have a duel with Skinny. I expect you to throw down the glove first.

It is impossible to disagree with that statement, he ONLY posts to insult either Morrissey or other forum members. I don't remember reading posts by him in which he was not doing one of these two things, but I haven't seen him YET play his "I am a mod" card when he gets back what he delivers.

I recall an incident like you describe and I did talk to him about not moderating threads he is actively participating in and I believe there haven't been any incidents since.

I recall an incident like you describe and I did talk to him about not moderating threads he is actively participating in and I believe there haven't been any incidents since.
If that’s the case that is a step in the right direction, but the harsh truth is when the moderators (well one in particular) get into it with ‘guests’ they seem to be afforded a lot more leeway than the ‘guest.’ The fact is if Peter were merely a ‘guest’ rather than a Mod he would have received many time-outs over the years if not a total ban due to his behaviour on these boards.

Lol @ the fascist references. You know, you want fascism and censorship try posting over at Morrissey Official or TTY! Oh wait, no open forums at TTY! Oh wait, no TTY!

The real reason you guys hate this site is because of the ridiculous paywall to access all of the content here. And the constant adverts! Geesh! For twenty years David has been collecting your hard earned dough, and your tears! He is evil incarnate! Shame on you Dave! And that Skinny fellow?! How dare he not be a sycophant too! Blasted!

I imagine this is DavidT and uncle skinny briefing right before they log into m-solo. You decide who is who.

If that’s the case that is a step in the right direction, but the harsh truth is when the moderators (well one in particular) get into it with ‘guests’ they seem to be afforded a lot more leeway than the ‘guest.’ The fact is if Peter were merely a ‘guest’ rather than a Mod he would have received many time-outs over the years if not a total ban due to his behaviour on these boards.

Who gives a shit. I've seen posts requesting people go kill themselves resulting in complete silence by you. Morrissey says he'll kill Trump and you are silent. Mozzer was only joking, kids! Yet a comment about a manhole gets you all uptight and wanting to bring out the lawyers all guns blazing. Grow a pair and stop whining like a baby.

Back
Top Bottom