Tour update (Sydney 2nd date forthcoming; NY, Lincoln sold out) - true-to-you.net

UPDATE Sep. 12, 5:25 PM PT:

According to the Frontier Morrissey tour page (link posted by Giselle), the second Sydney show is:

Dec. 21, Enmore Theatre

Also, from an anonymous person (original post):

Full Tour info here:
Morrissey announces first Australian dates in a decade - Faster Louder

Also:
To get access to pre sales you need to go to the Frontier Touring website and join the mailing list, tickets sold through Ticketek
except the Sydney Opera House, you need to join their mailing list, but also people who are SOH Members (costs around $100 a year)
will get first dibs on tickets before any pre sales.

No Adelaide and no Perth. Two nights in Sydney, one in Melbourne and one in Brisbane

Update - true-to-you.net
12 September 2012

All three Morrissey shows in New York have now sold out (Radio City Music Hall, plus two nights at Terminal 5), making a total of 11,520 tickets sold in New York City.
Morrissey's show at the Rococo Theatre in Lincoln (Nebraska) has also sold out.
For Morrissey's tour of Australia, a second night in Sydney will be added at a different venue other than the advertised show at the Sydney Opera House.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Tour update (Sydney 2nd date forthcoming; NY, Lincoln sold out) - true-t

Feel sorry for Perth & Adelaide fans :(

Wonder what the other Sydney venue will be? Enmore Theatre perhaps??

Re: Article: Tour update (Sydney 2nd date forthcoming; NY, Lincoln sold out) - true-t

Sold out the Rococo. Who'd have thought....

Gramma loves Mozzy. :sweet:

it amazes me how EL PASO has not stepped up....what happened to this once Morrissey loving city..are the few of us who purchased tickets the true last of the family line?

Sweet I was hoping for a second Sydney gig. It'll be the Enmore theater for sure. Moz mentioned how much he liked the place in 2002. The opera house has no standing area so I'm happy!

it amazes me how EL PASO has not stepped up....what happened to this once Morrissey loving city..are the few of us who purchased tickets the true last of the family line?

That's just El Paso I hear...I'm fairly still new to EP but heard most people buy their tix at the last moment. I just bought mine last Friday. I bet more than half tix sold thus far are from fans outside EP. My friends are coming from AZ and So Cal and have their tix. See ya there!

I am surprised there's no mention of him not having a record contract in this sold out date updates.

That's just El Paso I hear...I'm fairly still new to EP but heard most people buy their tix at the last moment. I just bought mine last Friday. I bet more than half tix sold thus far are from fans outside EP. My friends are coming from AZ and So Cal and have their tix. See ya there!

I think some El Pasoans felt slighted by being ignored on Moz's last tour. Many of us die-hards made the five hour trek to see him in Santa Fe. With no New Mexico stops this time, I expect many of them will travel here. So, although ticket sales are "truly disappointing" out-of-towners, and typical last-minute El Pasoans, will, hopefully, fill Tricky Falls. By the way, for you fans in the El Paso, Las Cruces, Juarez area, we're working on a pre-concert Morrissey/Smiths tribute party to coincide with Club Dedo's reopening sometime in late September or early October. For those who attended my (Rene Romo) last-minute Morrissey birthday party at Club 101, thank you for your support. I agree, we need everyone's support to make sure El Paso remains in Moz's heart.

I am surprised there's no mention of him not having a record contract in this sold out date updates.

What ? He does'nt have a record contract ? Why on earth not its an outrage and a disgrace !

This could explain why he is touring like circus gypsy playing the same old songs over and over again, what a shame to be clutching on to an amazing past it must be very hard for him to let go.
Good luck Morrissey whatever happens

Only three shows for Australia and two for New Zealand? With the size and population of the two countries I'd think that if he is spending the energy to even go there that he'd spend more time there? He does more dates in California than than Oz and NZ.

Only three shows for Australia and two for New Zealand? With the size and population of the two countries I'd think that if he is spending the energy to even go there that he'd spend more time there? He does more dates in California than than Oz and NZ.

Maybe he doesn't want to?

Just signed up to the Frontier Touring mailing list for presales and became an Opera House member ($110 or whatever it was).

Can't wait! Will be at both Sydney shows.

How 70% of New Zealand lamb imports to Britain are halal... but this is NOT put on the label

By Sean Poulter
UPDATED:04:02, 25 September 2010

Comments (159)

More than 70 per cent of the New Zealand lamb sold in Britain comes from halal slaughterhouses without the fact being declared on the label.

All the slaughtermen in these establishments must be Muslim and say a prayer when making the cut across the animal’s throat which kills it.

The New Zealand meat industry has taken the step to ensure its lamb can be sold in Muslim markets round the world.

Secret ID: New Zealand lamb is often Halal so that it can be sold everywhere

It emerged last week that British restaurant chains and venues such as Wembley and Ascot are serving up different types of halal meat without telling customers.

In conventional slaughterhouses, animals are stunned before they are killed by having their throats cut. However, in most Muslim countries, halal means the animals must not be stunned first.

The trade body Beef & Lamb New Zealand said the form of halal slaughter used there does allow for the animals to be stunned.

A spokesman said: ‘In New Zealand the process for halal slaughter is virtually the same as for non-halal slaughter.’

He said there was no need to label the meat as halal on animal welfare grounds and it would too expensive to introduce labelling simply to provide the information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Britain-halal--isnt-label.html#ixzz26ZjJOUuc

Oh dear !!!!! This is not going to go down well with P E T A is it???? They may as well "club" them like erm!!!! CANADA!!!!
Yes Canada the country that Morrissey refuses to gig yet he's happy to gig in New Zealand the home of lamb throat slashers!!!!
NICE ONE

How 70% of New Zealand lamb imports to Britain are halal... but this is NOT put on the label

By Sean Poulter
UPDATED:04:02, 25 September 2010

Comments (159)

More than 70 per cent of the New Zealand lamb sold in Britain comes from halal slaughterhouses without the fact being declared on the label.

All the slaughtermen in these establishments must be Muslim and say a prayer when making the cut across the animal’s throat which kills it.

The New Zealand meat industry has taken the step to ensure its lamb can be sold in Muslim markets round the world.

Secret ID: New Zealand lamb is often Halal so that it can be sold everywhere

It emerged last week that British restaurant chains and venues such as Wembley and Ascot are serving up different types of halal meat without telling customers.

In conventional slaughterhouses, animals are stunned before they are killed by having their throats cut. However, in most Muslim countries, halal means the animals must not be stunned first.

The trade body Beef & Lamb New Zealand said the form of halal slaughter used there does allow for the animals to be stunned.

A spokesman said: ‘In New Zealand the process for halal slaughter is virtually the same as for non-halal slaughter.’

He said there was no need to label the meat as halal on animal welfare grounds and it would too expensive to introduce labelling simply to provide the information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Britain-halal--isnt-label.html#ixzz26ZjJOUuc

Oh dear !!!!! This is not going to go down well with P E T A is it???? They may as well "club" them like erm!!!! CANADA!!!!
Yes Canada the country that Morrissey refuses to gig yet he's happy to gig in New Zealand the home of lamb throat slashers!!!!
NICE ONE

I don't know what to think of this. Are you against Moz or supporting him?

Glad I held on after hearing Opera House is to be all-seated.

Am now wondering whether or not visiting the Enmore box office itself might be a better bet than waiting online while the booking site crashes/freezes/etc ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom