TTY: Morrissey offered award

Morrissey offered award - true-to-you.net
11 July 2015

Trinity College Dublin has offered Morrissey an "outstanding contribution to music award" (his first ever such award) which stands as the University Philosophical Society's Gold Medal of Honorary Patronage.
Morrissey has commented: "My initial reaction is to feel undeserving ... my contribution to music being such that no record label on the planet has either the nerve or the imagination to sign me!"
The University Philosophical Society has recorded the presence of many remarkable members including Oscar Wilde, Bram Stoker and Samuel Beckett. Other past recipients of the Gold Medal in their respective fields include Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel.

Photograph by Damon Anacreonte

morrissey_band_2015_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey Offered Award

Well deserved. I hope he accepts it. :) :)

Re: TTY: Morrissey Offered Award

"Offered"? Meaning that he is not accepting? Strange phrasing, and the typical cringeworthy, unnecessary quote about not having a label.

"Offered"? Meaning that he is not accepting? Strange phrasing, and the typical cringeworthy, unnecessary quote about not having a label.

There was just no need for that. His own hubris shoehorned in.

A negative comment by Skinny. What a surprise. As predictable as Moz, mentioning his label situation again. When anyone's hubris has earned the right to kick in, then it's Moz'. And it has always been there. Without a bit of hubris Moz would've never got a foot in anywhere. We should be glad about it. Celebrate the hubris.

" the nerve or the imagination " ? ? ? ? ?

Record labels have no interest in dead parrots and travelling CrankFraud performers who claim to be meat and dairy free yet perform at indoor and outdoor barbecues !

SILLY STEVEN WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT THE FYF FESTIVAL IS NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY BUT HE DOESNT CARE , HE DOESNT CARE, HE DOESNT CARE !

Meat is murder (sometimes)

Take the award you silly has been Crankfraud, sold out,charlatan, violating, typing-animal-activist, bufoon, bellend ! Hooray, hooray Silly Steven''s got an award and nobody gives a shiiiiiit !

* Boz looks very camp and Jesse looks like he's laughing at Silly Steven behind his back.
Fashion car crash ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

TTY STATEMENT !

Forthcoming single from the new album Kerrygold.

Morrissey has teamed up with Billy Bragg and John Shuttleworth for a new double A-side single to promote his brand new album Kerrygold, a tribute to his favourite songs and artists.
The new single will be released at the end of July.

Side 1 Humasexuality - Morrissey and Billy Bragg

Side 2 I can't go back to dairy now - Morrissey and John Shuttleworth

Moz: it is 2015. Times have changed. You. Do. Not. Need. A. Label.

If you need a label that badly, write one yourself, peel it off and stick it on.

You can self release. Use True To You. Digitally release it. Adapt.

Times have changed.

- Ryan
Sydney, Australia
July 12, 2015

pleasantly suprised .

'and they say he's mentall'...ofcourse He doesn't make time to, ...ahum...accept it, as keyholder of the city Tel Aviv...:rolleyes:

I have a circle of five friends from Israel. When they heard the news about Moz playing in Israel they were so touched by it even though they aren't fans of him. They were so glad that there was at least someone who didn't take away some joy from people's lifes (which is odd to say about Moz). Their joy was heartwarming to observe. They assured me that the Israeli people would be so grateful and that gratitude would fully show at the concert. And what can I say, they did show it big time. The concert was great. I don't know if I've ever heard the phrase "Thank you so much for coming" so many times in my life.

Moz: it is 2015. Times have changed. You. Do. Not. Need. A. Label.

If you need a label that badly, write one yourself, peel it off and stick it on.

You can self release. Use True To You. Digitally release it. Adapt.

Times have changed.

- Ryan
Sydney, Australia
July 12, 2015

Ryan, when he wants a label then let him. Who are we to judge him on that? It's his "career". HE has to feel good about it, noone else. Besides that, do you really believe that at the grand old age of 56 and after the stress and struggle of recent years, he really has enough energy left in him to do it alone? I don't think that, to be honest.

When will his outstanding contribution to whining arrive. :rofl: all kidding aside its about damn time this happened to him. I can't think of someone more deserving

When will his outstanding contribution to whining arrive. :rofl: all kidding aside its about damn time this happened to him. I can't think of someone more deserving

But still no recognition from Manchester. Maybe Dublin is more important to him at this point in time anyway.

Equally, there's no need for the usual snide remarks shoehorned in courtesy of the usual suspects. If he's going to mention a lack of label at any time, it makes far more sense to do so when being offered any such honour - in order to highlight the disparity.

I have a circle of five friends from Israel. When they heard the news about Moz playing in Israel they were so touched by it even though they aren't fans of him. They were so glad that there was at least someone who didn't take away some joy from people's lifes (which is odd to say about Moz). Their joy was heartwarming to observe. They assured me that the Israeli people would be so grateful and that gratitude would fully show at the concert. And what can I say, they did show it big time. The concert was great. I don't know if I've ever heard the phrase "Thank you so much for coming" so many times in my life.

This story is beautiful. I don't know so much about the Palestine and Israel conflict but I despise when artist refuse to play in Israel. Music should know no boundaries. People in the audience can have a vast array of opinions. Artist denouncing complete countries is a sham and sweeps underservingly people in a box. In the end is about the artist and audience coming together and showing how and reciving the music that has affected them so much. Appreciation in a complete consensus.

I hope your friends enjoyed the concert greatly

Last edited by a moderator:

Equally, there's no need for the usual snide remarks shoehorned in courtesy of the usual suspects. If he's going to mention a lack of label at any time, it makes far more sense to do so when being offered any such honour - in order to highlight the disparity.

Skinny was wrong anyway, it's not hubris, it's the usual self-deprecation. You wonder why the likes of Skinny bother modding this site given their evident opposition to and mischaracterisation of Morrissey's every word and deed. Why didn't Tseng and Co take over PJLM, then they could have lived in a past that suited them for eternity, untroubled by any of Morrissey's recent actvity.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom