"Wedding Bell Blues" first UK airplay Apr. 8; b-side info - Morrissey Central (24 March, 2019)

WEDDING BELL BLUES 45.
lover_to_be_vinyl_wvnxqe.jpg

Morrissey's "Wedding Bell Blues" single receives its first UK airplay on April 8th at 11:15 AM on the Ken Bruce Show (Radio 2, UK).
The B-side of the 45 is "I Thought You Were Dead", written by Morrissey and Jesse Tobias, recorded in Italy.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/wedding-bell-blues-45

Regards,
FWD.

Number 1 in what chart?
I'd assume UK singles IF the digital, streams and vinyl all came out at once with radio airplay (the state of HMV right now is worth factoring in too as it will reduce sales).
That said, no where near a number one single though even with marketing.
As they've not been releasing all on the same day and staggering the vinyl release dates, the best it would probably do is vinyl 45 chart.
It could have the potential to repeat the success of Spent..., but I suspect the 'own worst enemy' syndrome will kick in and stop that from happening.
Regards,
FWD.

Can someone please update me on dates of physical release( if any) dates on what seems to be 5 releases:
1 CALIFORNIA SON may 25th
2 Lover-to-be April 13th
3 Its Over ?
4 Morning Starship ?
And now
5 Wedding Bell Blues ?
It's out of control......help please

Is 'I thought you were dead' one of the unreleased songs we were expecting, or a new composition that hasn't been mentioned before?
Thanks.

Can someone please update me on dates of physical release( if any) dates on what seems to be 5 releases:
1 CALIFORNIA SON may 25th
2 Lover-to-be April 13th
3 Its Over ?
4 Morning Starship ?
And now
5 Wedding Bell Blues ?
It's out of control......help please

1 CALIFORNIA SON may 25th ✓ yes - CD, vinyl, blue vinyl, 'test pressing'.
2 Lover-to-be April 13th ✓ yes, RSD limited red vinyl. Initially stated that 'I Thought You Were Dead' was the B-side, but Central then reposted the info changing it to 'previously unreleased B-side' minus the title (the RSD site still has I Thought... as the B-side so time will tell).
3 Its Over ? No evidence of any physical product - digital 'instant grat' only for now. B-side named as 'Brow Of My Beloved' - obviously on hold now or never to be.
4 Morning Starship No evidence of any physical product - digital 'instant grat' only for now.
5 Wedding Bell Blues - 'yellow' although orange in appearance vinyl 45, with details today "I Thought You Were Dead" as the B-side. Scheduled for May 10th.

Hope that makes sense,
Regards,
FWD.

1 CALIFORNIA SON may 25th ✓ yes - CD, vinyl, blue vinyl, 'test pressing'.
2 Lover-to-be April 13th ✓ yes, RSD limited red vinyl. Initially stated that 'I Thought You Were Dead' was the B-side, but Central then reposted the info changing it to 'previously unreleased B-side' minus the title (the RSD site still has I Thought... as the B-side so time will tell).
3 Its Over ? No evidence of any physical product - digital 'instant grat' only for now. B-side named as 'Brow Of My Beloved' - obviously on hold now or never to be.
4 Morning Starship No evidence of any physical product - digital 'instant grat' only for now.
5 Wedding Bell Blues - 'yellow' although orange in appearance vinyl 45, with details today "I Thought You Were Dead" as the B-side. Scheduled for May 10th.

Hope that makes sense,
Regards,
FWD.
It really does, it was getting out of hand, thank you for that I appreciate it

Does anyone know who co-wrote By The Time I Get To Wherever I’m Going yet?

Serious question. How come you keep posting on here now? What's the point of participating in all this negativity, it cant be healthy for your own mental health etc. asked with respect, interested in the answer.

To annoy blinkered c***s like you.

What about an iTunes release Mozz, year 2019 remember?...sigh gonna neet to trust on my friends at morrissey-solo to download the files....

LauraNyroWeddingBellBlues.jpg

Interesting history regarding the origins of this great song: (per Genius.com) "Nyro wrote “Wedding Bell Blues” at the age of 18 as a “mini-suite”, featuring several dramatic rhythmic changes — a trait Nyro explored on future albums. It was to be recorded in 1966 for Verve Folkways label as part of what would become her More Than a New Discovery album. However, producer Herb Bernstein did not allow Nyro to record this version, which led to Nyro more or less disowning the entire album.
What was recorded was fairly similar in content and arrangement to the later, much more familiar, 5th Dimension version, albeit with a somewhat more soulful vocal line.
The song is written from the perspective of a woman whose boyfriend has not yet proposed to her, who wonders, “am I ever gonna see my wedding day?” The song carries dual themes of adoring love and frustrated lament."

Last edited:
But if you step back from that for a moment: that’s a *terrible* way to spend your time on this earth. Doing things just to annoy people? It’s unhealthy in so many ways. Please, look after yourself.
That's why the world is the way it is, shooting,killing,hatred,etc people like this, so much hatred in their hearts.....that's gotta feel awful inside, never having no one, never being loved. ...skinny you dont have to be li kim e that, maybe you should try and watch a show that fits your attitude, The Grinch , and finally grow a good heart , I believe in you ....come on ,you can do this, I just know you can

I would also assume there will definitely must be a video with Moz for this one...all the more anticipating.....

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom