Wembley 2020 album

H

Harp

Hi everyone. Obviously Morrissey is now without a record deal and I remember there was a whole bunch of albums teased including a YATQ vinyl release, and I think I remember seeing something about a Wembley 2020 live album. What do you think the chances are of this album specifically, but also the others, being released be it when he find a deal or otherwise. Thanks.

None

I wouldn't hold my breath. He also promised a new version of 'World Peace' back in 2016 that never emerged, despite cover artwork being released. Plus I seem to remember Boz had mixed another live album a couple of years ago that was supposed to be coming out, but didn't.
file

Your recollection is correct.

Wembley2020MockUp.jpg

What Morrissey needs to do is set up an actual website where he can share all the live recordings of shows, he’s obviously sitting on a load. I think Metallica do it, there’s hundreds on there. Rather than just having people in the know watch the videos that SER posts.

...or would SER’s ego be in shatters if he didn’t get to be the executor?

The super COVID spreader gig? I'm sure that will sell like hot cakes.
Well it would have been a superspreader gig if anyone had actually gone to it.

Surely it would please Moz's ego to set up his own label, set himself free of the labels and their whims, and keep all the lovely money himself? Pay someone (which I know will hurt him), and go independent with his own label. Call it something like MorrisseyMusic. There's labels that specifically do this for artists (Kobalt, if I remember correctly).

What Morrissey needs to do is set up an actual website where he can share all the live recordings of shows, he’s obviously sitting on a load. I think Metallica do it, there’s hundreds on there. Rather than just having people in the know watch the videos that SER posts.

...or would SER’s ego be in shatters if he didn’t get to be the executor?
I seem to remember years ago, someone with connections to the crew mentioning that Morrissey kept soundboard recordings of every show going back years. Not sure if this is confirmed, or if we'll ever hear them, but it's tempting to imagine boxes of recordings sat in an attic somewhere.

I seem to remember years ago, someone with connections to the crew mentioning that Morrissey kept soundboard recordings of every show going back years. Not sure if this is confirmed, or if we'll ever hear them, but it's tempting to imagine boxes of recordings sat in an attic somewhere.
After the 1991 Pauley Pavilion show that ended in a "riot" Morrissey brought his own recording of one of his earlier shows to KROQ and it was broadcasted in its entirety a few times. So, maybe he records all of them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom