What are you watching on YouTube right now?

They way Gore Vidal smiles when Buckley calls him "you queer" is great. I had never heard that Buckley was gay but his speech and mannerisms might have lead people to believe that.
Gore was funny, clever and complex. When his boyfriend was dying he asked Gore to kiss him. Gore didn’t want to. They never had a physical relationship. I’ll leave it there :pensive:. Buckley was Gay angry:grimacing: with a fine intellect, though Gore was the real brains of the two. Now we watch Pierce Moron and Life Stories? Hope I die sooner rather than later:praying:

Gore was funny, clever and complex. When his boyfriend was dying he asked Gore to kiss him. Gore didn’t want to. They never had a physical relationship. I’ll leave it there :pensive:. Buckley was Gay angry:grimacing: with a fine intellect, though Gore was the real brains of the two. Now we watch Pierce Moron and Life Stories? Hope I die sooner rather than later:praying:
Buckley was also married for his most of his life with a kid..........so..........

Peter Hook, playing The Perfect Kiss, the bass playing from 6.11 is fantastic.

I listened to this earlier today. I'm a fan and if I saw this live and it sounded like this I'd be pretty happy, but most of it sounds so exactly like the record that I wonder if it's a sample. Are the drums on the original played on a keyboard? Also, he got a Bernard Sumner soundalike to sing it. I don't know. I have great respect for Peter Hook but my impression of this was something like a cover version/karaoke.
I understand social distancing changes everything but I would have preferred to hear a new version. Maybe it was all samples in the beginning anyway, or drum machine and synth and maybe he's just using the same exact sounds and patterns but to me this just proves that he can recreate it almost exactly so I'd rather hear the original or some clip of New Order playing it live from years ago.

I listened to this earlier today. I'm a fan and if I saw this live and it sounded like this I'd be pretty happy, but most of it sounds so exactly like the record that I wonder if it's a sample. Are the drums on the original played on a keyboard? Also, he got a Bernard Sumner soundalike to sing it. I don't know. I have great respect for Peter Hook but my impression of this was something like a cover version/karaoke.
I understand social distancing changes everything but I would have preferred to hear a new version. Maybe it was all samples in the beginning anyway, or drum machine and synth and maybe he's just using the same exact sounds and patterns but to me this just proves that he can recreate it almost exactly so I'd rather hear the original or some clip of New Order playing it live from years ago.

Hi Fake C - my thoughts on your thoughts. The whole song was re worked as Bernard would not give Hooky access to the original midi files, it's the same for all the songs they play at the gigs, everything has been re done. The guy singing is David Potts who played with Peter in Monaco and he is also a permanent member of Peter Hook and The Light. At their live gigs Pottsy sings on a few of the New Order songs where Hooky can't hit the right pitch. On the original, the drums were keyboard inputs.

It's interesting that when Hooky plays the JD and NO albums in their entirety, he does stick to the original versions, whereas when New Order play live nowadays, the songs have been completely re worked which personally I prefer as they sound fresher.

Last edited:
🤒

Oy surface and FC commiserating about the fake Hooky stuff.
computer chip plays the 'instrument'. on video when Hooky plays
the 'instrument':lbf:
the so called music plays 10 seconds later:blushing:

Back
Top Bottom