Wondering about general statistics about this site...

H

Harsh Truth

So, I think we can safely say that there are probably a few hundred fans who check this site daily, and regularly frequent the message boards and chat room.

I wonder how many other people check in every week, or month, strictly for news updates?

Perhaps David T could provide some broad numbers?

Just curious.... does anyone have any guesses?

> So, I think we can safely say that there are probably a few hundred fans
> who check this site daily, and regularly frequent the message boards and
> chat room.

> I wonder how many other people check in every week, or month, strictly for
> news updates?

> Perhaps David T could provide some broad numbers?

> Just curious.... does anyone have any guesses?

I came across a site earlier in the year where you punch in a site name, eg-morrissey-solo.com and it shows you how many people visit the site per day, month, how many pages are read on average...but like most secretarys I'm afraid I can't help anymore, I can't remember the name of the site, maybe someone else can help you.

Everyone who comes here is gay, don't you know?

> Everyone who comes here is gay, don't you know?

>

That's why it's so fun!

check the poll results after a month or so -
that gives a rough estimate of the number of visitors - most of em probably chime in on the poll questions

> check the poll results after a month or so -
> that gives a rough estimate of the number of visitors - most of em
> probably chime in on the poll questions

maybe not; My computer lets me vote every time I visit the site, so usually I vote several times in each poll. I can't be the only one.

Re: Uh - - No

> Everyone who comes here is gay, don't you know?

>

Not the last time I checked

Re: ONE vote

> maybe not; My computer lets me vote every time I visit the site, so
> usually I vote several times in each poll. I can't be the only one.

So you're the one using my IP! It takes me on the average 18 attempts to register ONE vote.

Re: Wondering about general statistics about this site... - the answer

We all know that there are at least 200,000 + Morrissey fans out there, and probably many more now who are still fans but don't buy albums any more due to rising costs, at least rising UK costs e.g. Pet Shop Boys at 15.99 (or 30 dollars for those of you reading this note in the US.)

So, in response to Harsh Truth, Morrissey has a hell of a lot of fans including both me and you. For web fans only, well at least 10000 visitors must come here, to this site alone. And not forgetting a similar number (but not always the same people) that visit our friends at Morrissey-Tour. Probably less visitors (1000) to the other Morrissey and Smiths sites in the internet world at large. Last but not least, we should not forget the few extra pirates (1 or 2 majors) who go to Mrs Shankly along with many 100s of genuine fans.

Harsh Truth - At one stage someone had a good idea for producing a Morrissey mailing list. It looked like a good idea to me, for getting news (or some news), concert info, posters, plus clues to the contents of the next album(s) - all in your inbox and thanks to the internet post service.

The best thing would be if that list could be secretly created by users here sending off emails into the ether, and then managed and updated by someone responsible.

Strawberry.

> chat room.

> news updates?

Re: Wondering about general statistics about this site... - the answer

> Harsh Truth - At one stage someone had a good idea for producing a
> Morrissey mailing list. It looked like a good idea to me, for getting news
> (or some news), concert info, posters, plus clues to the contents of the
> next album(s) - all in your inbox and thanks to the internet post service.

> The best thing would be if that list could be secretly created by users
> here sending off emails into the ether, and then managed and updated by
> someone responsible.

Such a thing already exists, though not by users sending secret emails. Maladjusted is the current Morrissey email discussion list, and there is a link to it on this site.

Chris

> chat room.

> news updates?

Roughly a few thousand people check the site each day and there are about 100,000 unique ip's each month. Most views are on the main page. Traffic is continues to grow even though there was no new release or tour this year.

Very interesting! Thanks! Moz should really be giving you more credit for your hard work....

Back
Top Bottom