Morrissey Central "World Of Wool" (February 28, 2020)

Posting a video of sheep sheering as torture +
Wearing wool = The pinnacle of hypocrisy.

Fak Arf.

Short memories on the 14...

I wish the media would call him out on this crap. It is disappointing to observe his hypocritical behavior. He's not only consuming the products they are also higher end products. Someone with the amount of money he makes can afford to have things custom made or support brands that are more aligned with the values he touts.There is absolutely no excuse. He could even start a brand of his own yet this is the route he goes.

I hate to repeat myself so soon but...

Meat might be murder but wool isn't, apparently.

Morrissey wears Gucci embroidered seersucker slim jacket in "Jacky's..." video
  • Half lined
  • Dark grey seersucker stripe cotton wool
  • Embroidered moth appliqué and "Biddenden Road" ribbon embroidery on the left cuff
  • Embroidered flower applique on interior
  • Half canvas construction
  • Peak lapel
  • Single-breasted
  • Formal, slim fit
  • 74cm length
  • 56% cotton and 44% wool
  • Made in Switzerland
only the finest woolens for this man who claims it is wrong

Sustainable Wool from Morrissey's go-to designer:

https://www.stellamccartney.com/experience/us/sustainability/themes/materials-and-innovation/wool/

"We source our wool from a small group of hand-selected farms that have been carefully chosen based on their commitment to animal welfare and environmental stewardship."

"The future of wool: Vegan wool
In 2018, we will co-sponsor an exciting prize with PETA for the Biodesign Challenge. This is the first ever PETA Prize for Animal-Free Wool, which encourages college students worldwide to develop biofabricated vegan wool."

So far in this (and associated) thread we've had Morrissey:

isn't responsible for what is posted on his own message sites
isn't accountable for what he wears although he has decried the use of such products
is somehow a victim in all of this.

If Morrissey posts a statement on his own sites many here rush in to praise and support him. These are some of the same people who have claimed he can't be held personally responsible for what is posted on his own sites. They rarely question where the statement came from, particularly if they agree with its contents. It would seem that statemenrs are 'definitely' from Morrissey but all other content is posted by some unknown entity. An entity Morrissey is unaware of and is incapable of stopping.

The argument concerning this video is somewhat of a distraction i.e. Morrissey didn't post it or may not be aware if it?

Morrissey has made public statements linked to Peta re: wool cruelty as far back as 2011. For any 'fan' to attempt to claim that Morrissey was unaware of this cruelty in 2016/17 is laughable. The argument from some is that Morrissey didn't know (how could he) that wool and cashmere were materials used in products he actively advertised. He could have known if he had asked. It really is that simple. It seems he agreed to promote these items without checking if they were cruelty free. However, when it became known that the products involved animal cruelty there was no clarification or apology from Morrissey for his active role in promoting such products.

As ever there are those who wish to buy wholesale into the view that Morrissey is a victim. However, Morrissey, on this singular issue, is a hypocrite. He actively denounced wool as cruel. He then advertised products made with cruelty-based materials. When it reported that the products were cruelty based Morrissey did not make a statement distancing himself from the product.

Morrissey, above all, is a publicity seeker and he had illustrated just how calculating he can be about animal rights when he moaned that his support for animal rights hadn't been effectively exploited in a positive way to promote his releases.

So far in this (and associated) thread we've had Morrissey:.........<snip out the shit>

Well some of his fans, me included, don't get into all this shit...which clearly you choose to, for some reason :rolleyes:...maybe to make another long & protracted boring point of sorts? Just move on skinny. I'm sick of reading your shit to be honest. Move on elsewhere.
Take these you ill waster>>>> :pill::pill::pill:

Sustainable Wool from Morrissey's go-to designer:

https://www.stellamccartney.com/experience/us/sustainability/themes/materials-and-innovation/wool/

"We source our wool from a small group of hand-selected farms that have been carefully chosen based on their commitment to animal welfare and environmental stewardship."

"The future of wool: Vegan wool
In 2018, we will co-sponsor an exciting prize with PETA for the Biodesign Challenge. This is the first ever PETA Prize for Animal-Free Wool, which encourages college students worldwide to develop biofabricated vegan wool."

So basically, still using wool then?

So far in this (and associated) thread we've had Morrissey:

isn't responsible for what is posted on his own message sites
isn't accountable for what he wears although he has decried the use of such products
is somehow a victim in all of this.

So far we've had: people claiming Morrissey is a hypocrite for decrying the cruelty in wool production while being spotted, on two whole occasions, wearing garments made partially from wool, one of which was in a music video where the jacket may've been chosen by a costume designer. If that is the bar for hypocrisy, then virtually everyone must go into the hypocrite box. I'm sure most people, even those with sufficiently hardened hearts who can't care about animals, are opposed to human sweatshops and slave labor; should they go through their closets and diligently research the source of every last stitch?

The bottom line is that you can't police every last jot and tittle in your life. I guess some people do, but if they want to go such extremes then their logical conclusion ought to be suicide. Anyway, I would forgive Morrissey most of all for not devoting every waking second to garment-research, as he is a genius, and has better things to do with his time. I'm hoping he's working on another book project. If there are only a few meager instances of his wearing wool, then he's got about a 99% success rate of avoidance, well clear of the hypocrisy bar, and that should be good enough for anyone but the most extreme detractor (many of whom aren't devoted to animals so much as they're devoted to loathing Morrissey).

So far we've had: people claiming Morrissey is a hypocrite for decrying the cruelty in wool production while being spotted, on two whole occasions, wearing garments made partially from wool, one of which was in a music video where the jacket may've been chosen by a costume designer. If that is the bar for hypocrisy, then virtually everyone must go into the hypocrite box. I'm sure most people, even those with sufficiently hardened hearts who can't care about animals, are opposed to human sweatshops and slave labor; should they go through their closets and diligently research the source of every last stitch?

The bottom line is that you can't police every last jot and tittle in your life. I guess some people do, but if they want to go such extremes then their logical conclusion ought to be suicide. Anyway, I would forgive Morrissey most of all for not devoting every waking second to garment-research, as he is a genius, and has better things to do with his time. I'm hoping he's working on another book project. If there are only a few meager instances of his wearing wool, then he's got about a 99% success rate of avoidance, well clear of the hypocrisy bar, and that should be good enough for anyone but the most extreme detractor (many of whom aren't devoted to animals so much as they're devoted to loathing Morrissey).

Well said Aubrey, sound application of common sense at last, & right on the nail.

Costume designer ?????????
Are you having a laugh.
Just look at the state of those bellends dancing in the background.

?? :knife:

Deliberately missing the point?

It doesn't matter if he wore wool on one occasion. He knew of the cruelty involved in wearing it. He preached the cruelty to others.

Again, with the 'How was he to know', 'it wasn't his fault'. Is he now incapable of dressing himself?

You think Morrissey a genius? I think Morrissey one of the most moronic of pop singers. He managed to plagarise some decent lyrics in his time - a skill in itself - but he's a god awful writer: see Autobiography and List of the Lost as evidence.

Costume designer ?????????
Are you having a laugh.
Just look at the state of those bellends dancing in the background.

It's a horrendous video, one of his worst ever. I'm not going to watch it again. I have no idea what the budget was or what the creative staff consisted of. I'm only saying that on a music video it's not uncommon for the artist's wardrobe to be selected for him rather than by him. The error of choosing wool in this instance may've been on the part of some flunky rather than Morrissey. It's not the "smocking gun" some people seem to think it is: that this is incontrovertible evidence of Morrissey hypocrisy. Unless your expectation is for him to have a scrupulosity level of 100% in all things, which is insane.

It's certainly possible that Morrissey chose the jacket himself. Do we have perfect knowledge either way? If not, it seems a bit perverse to be slamming down the condemnation so strongly and smugly. But let's grant for the sake of argument that he did select it and failed to check the label. Again, that would make a mere two instances of Morrissey wearing wool over a period of several years after making anti-wool statements. It would be like if a vegan, twice, out of hundreds of times dining out, ordered wok-seared Szechuan tofu in a restaurant and neglected to ask the server if it was fried in vegetable oil or animal fat. Humans are imperfect creatures, apt to make slip-ups and mistakes. If your definition of hypocrisy doesn't allow for any human fallibility at all, then everyone is a hypocrite in all things. You really need evidence of a pattern that is more willful, habitual, and egregious than what paltry little you currently have.

It doesn't matter if he wore wool on one occasion. He knew of the cruelty involved in wearing it. He preached the cruelty to others.

Again, with the 'How was he to know', 'it wasn't his fault'. Is he now incapable of dressing himself?

One or two instances would have to be qualified with the possibility of the many times human beings do things without thinking. We all put on things sometimes impulsively. "That's a nice coat." "Try it on, it would probably look good on you." &c.

If Morrissey was out shopping with a handsome swish Colombian friend who found some Gucci sweater in a store and the person said to him, "darling Morrissey, this would look wonderful on you," it's possible that there were other things on his mind in that particular moment and he neglected to properly think, "wait a minute, does this have wool in it?" We all do things from time to time without thinking. Unless you want to claim perfection for yourself. Are you Jesus? Even Jesus ate meat, and took a whip to the money changers, and damned people to hell for not accepting his miracles. "There is none righteous, not one." What we should charitably expect from someone who preaches against the cruelty of wool is that they thereafter avoid wool products to the best of their human ability. A success rate of over 95% should be reasonable enough for the avoidance of a hypocrisy charge. But not for the Morrissey-bashers on here, apparently.

It's a horrendous video, one of his worst ever. I'm not going to watch it again. I have no idea what the budget was or what the creative staff consisted of. I'm only saying that on a music video it's not uncommon for the artist's wardrobe to be selected for him rather than by him. The error of choosing wool in this instance may've been on the part of some flunky rather than Morrissey. It's not the "smocking gun" some people seem to think it is: that this is incontrovertible evidence of Morrissey hypocrisy. Unless your expectation is for him to have a scrupulosity level of 100% in all things, which is insane.

It's certainly possible that Morrissey chose the jacket himself. Do we have perfect knowledge either way? If not, it seems a bit perverse to be slamming down the condemnation so strongly and smugly. But let's grant for the sake of argument that he did select it and failed to check the label. Again, that would make a mere two instances of Morrissey wearing wool over a period of several years after making anti-wool statements. It would be like if a vegan, twice, out of hundreds of times dining out, ordered wok-seared Szechuan tofu in a restaurant and neglected to ask the server if it was fried in vegetable oil or animal fat. Humans are imperfect creatures, apt to make slip-ups and mistakes. If your definition of hypocrisy doesn't allow for any human fallibility at all, then everyone is a hypocrite in all things. You really need evidence of a pattern that is more willful, habitual, and egregious than what paltry little you currently have.

Again right on the nail Aubrey.

These skinny dogs are just plain ignorant & living examples of hypocrisy themselves. Even if you had proof that Moz was totally innocent, they wouldn't believe it because they don't want to see it, or hear it.

Just wondering how many UK vegans are still using the new UK note currency in their day to day life. I'm sure they were protesting about the new £5 & £10 notes containing tallow or something equally unsavoury to them - link found: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...fight-unethical-banknotes-following-landmark/.

The chief nutjob (Mr Casamitjana), a zoologist originally from Spain, will apparently avoid taking buses in case the vehicle kills or harm birds or insects.

So, no cars either & quite a bit of walking at slow speed for this chap from now on then?

Let’s just face the music.
Caught out once again just like #Der Spiegelgate, #Cheesegate, #Paris for cashgate, #Cancergate, #We are not a vegan tourgate, #Signing other artists albums for cashgate.

P.S. Lots of tickets still available for Leeds on Friday if anyone wants to take the risk.

Let’s just face the music.
Caught out once again just like #Der Spiegelgate, #Cheesegate, #Paris for cashgate, #Cancergate, #We are not a vegan tourgate, #Signing other artists albums for cashgate.

P.S. Lots of tickets still available for Leeds on Friday if anyone wants to take the risk.

Oh Bt??:bell:?caught out again talking shite...#Bellendgate, #Cabbageheadgate, #Trollgate,
#:poop:gate, #bennythearsebanditgate, #fantasylandgate, #laughmynutsoffatyougate, #cluelessmorongate, #makingitupasyougoalonggate.

Oh Bt??:bell:?caught out again talking shite...#Bellendgate, #Cabbageheadgate, #Trollgate,
#:poop:gate, #bennythearsebanditgate, #fantasylandgate, #laughmynutsoffatyougate, #cluelessmorongate, #makingitupasyougoalonggate.

They’re all facts ?:anchor:

??:knife:

They’re all facts ?:anchor:

??:knife:

#Bellendgate, #Cabbageheadgate, #Trollgate,
#:poop:gate, #bennythearsebanditgate, #fantasylandgate, #laughmynutsoffatyougate, #cluelessmorongate, #makingitupasyougoalonggate....indeed all of these are.

So now you like facts? Utter hypocritical existence.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom