X-Factor 2012. Does Morrissey deserve a slot as a guest?

BrummieBoy

After Ella Henderson, came Lucy Spraggan.

Having allowed songwriters this year, is X-Factor the new NME/T.O.T.Ps? Does Morrissey deserve a spot as a guest 'star' with these amazing young British Artists? Can Simon Cowell be persuaded that Morrissey is still relevant?

Discuss.......politely.

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/909750...praggan-hits-itunes-chart-with-beer-fear-song

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...judges-heart-rending-tribute-grandfather.html

'She also won plaudits from the notoriously hard-to-please guest judge Mel B, who told her: 'I absolutely loved it!

'You don’t know how great you are - and that’s what’s endearing as well, you’ve got like a little bit of vulnerability about you, be confident, you are brilliant!'

*sincerely B.B*

Last edited:

Last edited:
I hope Moz never does this show. Keep the air of mystery that he has instead of going on just to be slapped down . Do they even sing Smith or Morrissey songs on this show ? My guess is no .

Hey! Why'd ya edit/delete?:confused: Too much wine?:)Your post was fine. Here's my reply anyway:

Hey! MIDNITE!

Welcome to the 2012 X-Factor thread! Let's just keep this thread for us, the really cool people. Hopefully the tiresome trolls and flamers won't even notice we're hanging out here! You must be tired after bigging up Kristeen for the last month. She's cool man, she's probably just laffin at the freak-show 'Mentalist 3' like you and me. I think she's made of sterner stuff than the psychos realise. Leave 'em to it, let's move on and have some fun.

"Last night I told you I loved ya, woke up, blamed it on the vodka. I genuinely thought I was dying, then I saw that smile you were hiding.Last night I told you I need ya, that's the last time I drink tequila!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGc9Esc5roo

I'm not surprised Sheffield's Lucy Spraggan is vying for #1 with 'Beer Fear'. Imagine what the Arctic Monkey's version is gonna sound like? [You're from Sheffield, yeah? or was that a decoy move?] There's always great singers on the show, but unless you write your own shit, you're just another Maria Carey karoaoke act. Nowt wrong with that, but you ain't gonna pay the bills that way. Ella Henderson. Lucy Spraggan. James Arthur. The other dudes who are just doing covers for now, holding back their songs for after boot-camp. It's now, finally, the new TOTP. Moz sent demo tapes apologising for whispering as his Mom was asleep next door. If NME had run a talent show, he'd have auditioned. Actually, that's exactly what he did do, and the NME gatekeepers of the time, the Indie Cowell Morley, let him have the spotlight. If the eNMEy had a brain, they'd re-invent themselves as an indi X-Fcuktor. But they ain't got the chops!

Don't know who's 'advising' Moz but he needs to get some better feedback to him in Zurich. Allowing X-Fcuktor to host songwriters is an act of Dr Evil genius by Cowell, those in the know are like 'WTF! amazing!'. The cult casualties will wait for Moz to recant/repent and, hopefully, appear as a mentor to some Emo genius. Or he'll just stay irrelevant and out-of-touch. Boxing.Footie.Pop. Lottery: the only fast-tracks out of the estate/getto. You'd think Moz was kind of hip to all this, being mates with Burchill, and knowing that only Trustafarian public school kids can afford to form bands 'these days'. Ain't hatin on the posh kids, it's just the facts. We are where we are. It must be Richter-scale excitement in Sheffield lately, with Jessica Ennis and now Lucy Spraggan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-19433696

Confession. "BrummieBoy" was a smiley-shirt Leeds fan in the 70s, hence my Mel B 'Leeds nutter' alter. But I've had good times at the Leadmill. Last visit was to see Sparklehorse before Mark shot himself through the heart, thereby breaking mine for two years. Had tickets for Moz at Leeds Town Hall but had emergency wisdom tooth extraction foil my plans. I don't know: Yorkshire won, like, how many percent of Team GB medals? I'll leave you with a 'One Show' Sheffield choir you may have missed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eIWU0N88QM

Can't wait for One Show to hit Brum: Spencer Davis. Zep. Sabbath. ELO. Beat. Dexy's. Au Pairs. Prefects. Felt. Duran. Might pop along and sing along. lol!

Morrissey couldn't hack Question Time. It would be total 'foot-in-mouth' meltdown. Same as Lydon, he can't actually have a genuine conversation: he's better with slogans, bon-mots, soliloquy. Wozza had to work real hard to get him match fit for his show. And who can forget the Dermot O'Leary car-crash on radio? If he'd been even moderately respectful of Dermot, he'd have haad a foot in the door with Cowell. But he blew it. Again! Have you heard O'Leary sing? It's good. Here he is getting Madonna all moist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7cuVSm9bm0

Dermot O'Leary and Damien Dempsey should duet. I'd like to share a mock-meat sandwich with them two, if you get my drift. They're like those Clooney-Rooney jock dudes I impersonated here for a while until the police got real. No damage, as they're Catholic 'forgiveness queens' like Damien and Dermot.....I better shut up now before I breach the injunction!
Of course, you realise that some will think you are me pretending to be you pretending to be me? Kewpie's 'tools' aren't quite as advanced as some folk imagine. Last night I had a msg that some dude is reprazentin that he's the real 'Morrithey'. Yeah, like everyone doesn't know who 'Morrithey' really was/is......lulz!:lbf:

*sincerely B.B*

ps: I've seen Kristeen live many times but I've never emotionally connected with her. If there was one song of hers you'd take as a Desert Island Disc, which would it be? Let me know and I'll spend a couple of hours in the bath with candles and aromatherapy to see if I can find my way into her world. Love the visuals, love the vocal range, but haven't heard a killer track. And I do think that "take me seriously" video was trying just a little too hard! But this is X-Factor thread, not 'never go to So-Low!':rolleyes:

regards.

Back
Top Bottom